Popular Teachers

Recital Music HELP! Age 8 Jazz Class by KLynnR1103
I need any help with recommendations on a fun upbeat jazz song to use for recital! It is a jazz...

Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Girls Only PG-13
OMG! fell asleep and wore a tampon for 10 hours AHHHHHHH en>fr fr>en
By sasha1656 Comments: 70, member since Thu Jul 05, 2007
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 05:25 AM

HELP!!!!!!! I fell asleep and wore a tampon for like 10 or 11 hours.... Has this ever happened to anyone before and am I gonna probably not die of TSS? I am like really freaked out right now.

10 Replies to OMG! fell asleep and wore a tampon for 10 hours AHHHHHHH

re: OMG! fell asleep and wore a tampon for 10 hours AHHHHHHH en>fr fr>en
By emilytheprincess Comments: 1208, member since Thu Jan 12, 2006
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 06:50 AM
I have done it on many occasions and nothing has happened to me. Its not a smart idea to make a habit out of it, but you won't die.
By AymeePremium member Comments: 1072, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 06:53 AM
^Yeah, me too. I put one in before I go to bed, then take it out when I wake up. That might be a 7 hr sleep or a 12 hour sleep. Your not going to die, just make sure you change as soon as you can.
By dancingducky_ Comments: 2113, member since Mon Dec 09, 2002
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 01:10 PM
In the United States in 1998 (the most recent year I could find online) there were three cases of TSS that happened while women were on their periods. (www.fda.gov . . .) Three. Not even three deaths. Three cases. TSS is real, but there are other ways to get it. Yes, it is important to know about, but I think that we make too big a deal of it.

I'm sure you're fine. I always left tampons in to sleep and I was horrible at remembering to change them. Nothing ever happened to me. That's a bad reason for you to feel safer, but the statistics seem like good ones.
By balletsfriendmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5772, member since Thu Aug 30, 2001
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 01:16 PM
I've worn tampons for 12 hours before I was (and am) fine. I wouldn't make it a habit, but it's not going to kill you if you do it every once in a while.
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3865, member since Wed Aug 17, 2005
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 02:03 PM
TSS is very very rare, especially from wearing a tampon for too long. They put that on the box because, yes, it can happen. But 10 hours is no biggie. I would be more worried about the tampon leaking than getting TSS if I were you.

The one horror story I heard about TSS from tampons was in an article in Teen People in which the girl left one in for 24 hours. She fell asleep with it in, just for a "nap", and woke up the next day feeling feeverish. But 24 hours, not 10. I've left a tampon in for 12+ hours before, and I have been fine.

Although, TSS is not to be taken lightly. My friend got in in her elbow and spent the whole summer in the hospital. Don't make it a habbit of wearing tampons for too long. But in all actuality, if you are wearing the right absorbancy the tampon will probably leak before you get TSS.
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 03:16 PM
Edited by x_Nic_x (180714) on 2008-10-17 15:18:28
Pahaha. I never wear my tampons for LESS than 10 hours. Seriously, no biggie.

I've known people who put in tampons, then forget they're wearing them, then the next day put in another one and think "oh, there's already one up there, how weird". TSS is so rare, it's not really that much worth worrying about.
By KayEllePremium member Comments: 4505, member since Sat Jul 16, 2005
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 03:47 PM
Yeah, I routinely wear tampons for like, twelve hours at a stretch. You're fine.
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6828, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 04:03 PM
as long as you don't have a fever your fine
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14987, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 05:12 PM
TSS happens to a ridiculously, ridiculously small portion of the population... literally 2 or 3 out of 300,000,000 people.

You're fine.
By smellykaT Comments: 867, member since Mon Aug 22, 2005
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 08:56 PM
This is probably waaay too much info, but here goes:

About a week ago, I forgot I was wearing a tampon and left it in for a good 24hrs. I went swimming, took a shower, slept, and forgot it was in there.

It was not pleasant, but I am alive to tell this gruesome tale.

Most likely, you will be fine.

ReplySendWatch