Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop

hip hop uniform/tutu/help
By Kaylaxo
On Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:17 AM

I am choreographing a hip hop routine for a Middle School, ages 11-13, all girl team, and I'm going with a "doll" theme.

They want a uniform that has a tutu in it, and I want it still to look hip hop and not too ballet.

If anyone knows of any good sites, or has any pictures, or anything, please help!

thanks a bunch!

9 Replies to hip hop uniform/tutu/help

re: hip hop uniform/tutu/help
By ashtona831
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:46 AM
Hey! My hip hop kids are using a tutu for their costume as well. There is some really good stuff in the Cicci's catalogue (mostly mix and match pieces) and a couple good costumes in A Wish Come True. Hope you an find something :)
By thadancer
On Sat Oct 25, 2008 01:42 PM
I would reccomend a tutu with fishnets and converse inspired shoes, with an hip hop style jacket. You can even choreograph something with the jackets coming off.
By Blushdance
On Sun Nov 09, 2008 06:25 PM
Are you based in the UK or the states? We have had quite a few hip hop/tutu costumes made up now and we use Jenetex. They only supply retail outlets so you have to order through a jenetex supplier.Prices will depend on the individual retailer also.We takeorder of course via our shop and website however not sure if they supply the states or not?
They do have a website with sample images but they can make anything up in any fabric etc.
If you email the I am sure they will give you details of your nearest stockist.If you are outside the UK but have a large order I am sure they will help you, if not I may be able to sort something
By beatroutegirl
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 01:04 AM
go to dancedirect.com it has loads of styles of clothes plus its reallly cheap
By xxlollypopsxx
On Thu Jan 01, 2009 05:36 PM
Edited by xxlollypopsxx (183200) on 2009-01-01 17:37:28
Hi
You can get these skirts which are smalled than tutus and do not stick out as much (they are made from netting). They are on ebay, or just the highstreet. You could also wear some bright colour leggings underneath to make it stand out.
They come in neon colours so its abit more funky instead of soft pastle colours like ballet.

(sorry the picture went a bit funny :S) x
By xxlollypopsxx
On Fri Jan 02, 2009 05:28 AM
and i forgot to say, you would find these buy searching for scene skirts/emo skirts they come in loads of bright colours :D
By sky_dancer_2010member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 03, 2009 04:36 PM
Check out Triple Threat Dancewear...
Their costumes are beautiful and they're all mix and match.
By Daniella12
On Sun Jan 18, 2009 02:42 AM
By Daniella12
On Sun Jan 18, 2009 03:00 AM

ReplySendWatch