Forum: Ballet / Ballet Choreography

feeling disheartened
By lauragee
On Thu Oct 23, 2008 04:33 AM

so it's the 23rd of october and i have a choreo display on the 2nd of november...YIKES!!!

I don't know what's wrong with me I'm normally totally organised but this time I've been jumping back and forward from song to song to song and it's annoying me so much.

I've pretty much got a week to do a full dance but it can be as long or short as I want, any style.

I'd rather do something slightly balletic but my strength is allegro, my flexibility isn't very good but I have an ok penche.

I guess what I'm asking for is a mentor who can just give general advice on song choice, costume and where to start!

thanks a lot xx

1 Replies to feeling disheartened

re: feeling disheartened
By allegro13
On Thu Oct 23, 2008 05:43 AM
I'm sorry, but we can't choreograph your choreography, especially if it's supposed to look like yours. :)

Choreography is self-expression. It's saying what you want to say through movement. No one can really do it for you, because it's all about your opinion and what you think goes together. Here are some thinks you need think about:

What do you want to say? (kind of like picking a theme...misery or happiness for example)

What is the best way to say it? (what kind of movements express this feeling?)

If you posted the songs you are considering, I could definitely help you choose and tell you what I think the songs mean. You have already said allegro is your strength, so maybe go for something fast? I need some more information in order to help. :)

ReplySendWatch