Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

Secrets PG-13
This board is held to the same standards as all other boards on DDN (karma: 5)
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Fri Oct 24, 2008 03:42 AM

Just because this board allows people to post anonymously does not mean that it is a free-for-all.

You may not under any circumstances post material that breaches TOS.

Please remember that this is a PG13 board, but not an R rated board.

The following types of posts will be removed from the board and may result in temporary or permanent bans from use of the anonymous function. NB: This is not the definitive list of inappropriate posts, merely a guideline to remind you of what is not acceptable.

"How-to" posts or requests
    Explicit sexual discussion
    Pro-ana posts
    Height/weight posts
    Posts inciting hate
    Attacks on members or groups of members
    Defamatory posts
    Posts encouraging illegal activities
    Fraudulent posts
    Profanity
    Trolling

Please also note that material that may be triggering should have a warning in the title.

Helen and the mod squad

4 Replies to This board is held to the same standards as all other boards on DDN

re: This board is held to the same standards as all other boards on DDN
By KangarooPawmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2463, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:25 PM
THANK YOU!

I am just SO TIRED of coming to this board to look for people who truly need advice about something but aren't comfortable with their identity being shown, to try to give them good advice, and all I see are stupid posts about feces and sex! UGH.

People need to either post about sex-related topics in the PG-13 forum (within appropriateness, of course) or NOT POST IT AT ALL.

Same goes for all that feces talk...why would you post that on a PUBLIC FORUM?!?! Talk to your parents/doctor about those kinds of issues if you're really THAT concerned!

Grrrr. People just disgust me sometimes.

/freak-out session
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Tue Oct 28, 2008 01:03 PM
^ Agreed with the poo thing. I hate going on Secrets and seeing so many threads about poo. Especially as they all say pretty much the same thing. Please, people, go to your doctor's, not DDN...
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 09:51 AM
I feel I'm in with the above: in so many words, ABOUT TIME!

Brava to the Mods!

Shadow.
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 27666, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Mon Jun 20, 2011 07:47 AM
KangarooPaw wrote:

THANK YOU!

I am just SO TIRED of coming to this board to look for people who truly need advice about something but aren't comfortable with their identity being shown, to try to give them good advice, and all I see are stupid posts about feces and sex! UGH.

People need to either post about sex-related topics in the PG-13 forum (within appropriateness, of course) or NOT POST IT AT ALL.

Same goes for all that feces talk...why would you post that on a PUBLIC FORUM?!?! Talk to your parents/doctor about those kinds of issues if you're really THAT concerned!

Grrrr. People just disgust me sometimes.

/freak-out session

I totally agree with KangarooPaw. But some posts I saw here are just not appropriate at all. I mean, this for example...
www.dance.net . . .

Honestly???

Here's what I previously posted...
www.dance.net . . .

I had to close my daughter's account for that reason & she won't be able access Dance.Net on her laptop from now on. Such a shame, she really like reading anything related to dancing & things like how to become more flexible & stuff. Obviously there is nothing I can do apart from stop my daughter from visiting Dance.Net. I'm not against people talking about their sex life. Perhaps Dance.Net should mention this on the front page. "Some content on this website are not appropriate for children". I'm pretty sure my daughter is not the only child that visit Dance.Net.

dance.net is an independent dance community on the web. We strive to offer dancers a unique fun & safe place on the Internet to learn about all dance forms and meet fellow students, dancers, instructors, coaches, choreographers, and studio owners. We have a diverse population with very young dancers to the young-at heart.

ReplySendWatch