Forum: Arts / Books

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
By DDCdancerx
On Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 AM

"Every Gift Has Its Price"
"Sometimes the silent souls who seek Odd out want justice. Occasionally their otherworldly tips help him prevent a crime. But this time it's different. A stranger comes to Pico Mundo, accompanied by a horde of hyena-like shades who herald an imminent catastrophe. Aided by his soul mate, Stormy Llewellyn, and an unlikely community of allies that includes the King of Rock'n'Roll, Odd will race against time to thwart the gathering evil. His account of these shattering hours, in which past and present, fate and destiny converge, is a testament by which to live-an unforgettable fable for out time destined to rank among Dean Koontz's most enduring works."

Has anyone read it? Personally, I found it quite intriguing, even though at first glance it sounded completely wrong.
(NOTE: I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone 13-)

4 Replies to Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

re: Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 AM
The fact it's by Dean Koontz makes me think it will probably have a good storyline, but will be written terribly. One sentence per paragraph, anyone?
By calypsomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:02 AM
I swallowed every Odd Thomas book whole in one afternoon or less... if you accept the writing style as part of the character, you don't notice it after a while. I found this book awesome... my vote would be - read it!
By DDCdancerx
On Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:10 PM
Nic - its actually written quite well, in my opinion. I, too, dislike when authors will write two words per sentence, one sentence per paragraph, one paragraph per page.
And yes, the writing style in this book actually helps bring out the character in Odd, I agree, Calypso :).
By BailarinaEnRosa
On Thu Nov 06, 2008 06:40 PM
I liked the first book. I thought it was entertaining--a very interesting idea with likeable characters. I kind of agree with Nic on the writing. I didn't like the second book--the bizarre plot took away from everything else the series has going for it.

ReplySendWatch