Forum: Arts / Religion

Growing in Grace Cult
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 01:54 PM

So, I am watching the presentation on various 20th century cults (school was canceled today because of shooting) and was flabbergasted by this new sect? cult?

It is called the Growing in Grace Church.
They believe there is no such thing as sin. The leader, ex junkie, believes that he was visited by Micheal and Gabriel and told that he was Jesus. He believes that all other religions are all false.
www.imperishableinheritance.com . . .

Have at it.

What is this??

16 Replies to Growing in Grace Cult

re: Growing in Grace Cult
By m_rc
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 02:06 PM
Chaconne wrote:

Yet another $ign of the Cro$$ Church?

Jon

I should really get around to founding my own religion one of these days......
re: Growing in Grace Cult (karma: 1)
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 02:20 PM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-10-27 14:24:58
I will quote Creed from The Office:

"I've been involved in a number of cults over the years, both as a leader and a follower. Being a follower is more fun, but as a leader you make more money."

I'm also giving a Wikipedia link about this guy that's a touch less biased than yours, Ally...seeing as it calls Mormonism and Islam "cults". :?

en.wikipedia.org . . .

Dani
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 02:21 PM
I'm beginning to believe that more and more of these mega churches are really the commercial entepreneurship of certain glib pastors. Not too far from where I live, we have four large churches going up, three of them with dynastic ministers, all obstensibly of the same fundamentalist Protestant denomination and all thoroughly convincing their congregants that everyone in the other three is going to Hell.

Jon
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 05:32 PM
Edited by d4j (104724) on 2008-10-27 17:32:55 punctuation...
Edited by d4j (104724) on 2008-10-27 17:37:00 clarification...
Um yea, this dude is not Jesus. The "Second Coming" is described many times in the Bible, here are a few passages:

Matthew 24:27 says, "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him,

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

So anyone who follows this nutjob hasn't read their Bible IN CONTEXT (that's the first thing a fringe group will do - take Scripture out of context).

But you certainly don't have to be a Christian or even believe in God to know that this guy is loony. It's just so obvious.

Oh - Guess what this group's favorite number is.....

666!

They proudly wear it on t-shirts and get tattoos. I'm not saying he's the antichrist (he's too stupid for that), just another ding-dong in a world full of ding-dongs that make Christianity laughable to the world.
By glitterfairyPremium member
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 06:34 PM
Wikipedia wrote:

"Miami is the bridge for all nations," said De Jesus, "That's where Hispanics are, and then eventually I'm going to find a lot of beautiful English-speaking people who will want to believe in me and I'm going to have millions of them."

Uh huh.

Loon.
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 06:38 PM
I didn't mean to provide a super biased one. It was one of them I googled that have points. I wasn't agreeing with it :-/ as I don't believe those are cults
By m_rc
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 06:55 PM
Ally wrote:

I don't believe those are cults

The difference between a "cult" and a "religion" is usually a few hundred->thousand years, in my homble opine......
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 07:30 PM
ah! don't attack me for the original post. I was just wondering opinions on the actual sect? cult? religion?
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:46 PM
Ally, I don't see where anyone was attacking you...

I'm thinking along the same lines as glitterfairy.
On Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 PM
On the thing I was watching, he said he accepts gifts for himself, not for the church. I thought wtf??? "People have given me cars, tvs, cash...*laughs*"
By dance4kixmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:15 AM
I wish I had heard about him sooner. I have always wanted to meet God!
By mrslovettmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:18 AM
The only reason I'm not following myself is because I happen to be founding my own religion, and therefore everyone else must be on a different path, and all different paths lead to weasel-infested forests full of creatures that will feast on your brains.

That being said, my cult will be worshipping a giant monkey-head with the body of an antelope, and you all must call me "Divine manifestation of the chapstick god", which I will more fully explain when you've given me proper homage (I prefer pelts and soft red pajama pants, as those are truly the things of my gods).
By harajuku_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 28, 2008 09:14 AM
i definitely don't think he's the reincarnation of jesus like he says he is.. wouldn't the reincarnation of jesus be more humble? but i believe in similar ways, like we are not sinners and that there is no hell or devil. i also don't think 666 is an evil number.. i think all numbers are beautiful and divine because spirit created them, just like letters of the alphabet and colors. but this man seems to be very silly and i would never follow something like that...
By Martha_Cecillemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 30, 2008 05:49 AM
It might be off topic, but I got really angry about the sentence:

"all the other religions are all false"

how can anybody say this? There is no wrong in believing!
I once read that imagination of all religions are the fingers of the folded hands in a prayer. And I think thats totally right!

ReplySendWatch