Forum: Advice / Modeling & Pageantry

First Photo Shoot Any Advice?
By Jodee_babesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 01:29 PM

Hey.

So guys... I am having a photo shoot done a week on Friday as I want to give photos as presents for christmas and because my boyfriend sister needs some photos for her colleage course..

The above photo is of the venue. Its going to be on a deralik building site. Here is the link of Tori's other model on her previous shoot there from her last photographer to give you an idea of the venue. viewmorepics.myspace.com . . .

So. I am planning on wearing a Red Dress with a black bow on the front with big heals and A white corset, black drain pipes and heals. Also a gothic dress which i haven't seen yet as its the photographers.

So basically I am looking for advice... On how to pose, how to style my hair and makeup ect.

Thanks

Jodee.x

9 Replies to First Photo Shoot Any Advice?

re: First Photo Shoot Any Advice?
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 01:46 PM
The costume sounds gorgeous and so is the location. I like the way he works with the light too.

However, do not, I beg you! let anyone trick you into putting pointe-shoes on like that if you're not a trained ballet-dancer. At the best, you look ridiculous, at the worst, your ancles break. If you're working with any photographer, know your own boundaries and don't let anyone have you do something that can harm you. I don't know who'se idea it was to put the shoes on the other model, but she could have been seriously harmed there.
By irishdaydreamermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 02:08 PM
^ yeah, I noticed that too!
I saw this picture, and nearly had a stroke:

viewmorepics.myspace.com . . .

Even with someone who knows how to wear pointe shoes, that is REALLY dangerous! It's just begging for a broken neck.

Her work is really nice, but DO NOT put on pointe shoes if you are not trained to wear them.
By Jodee_babesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 03:41 PM
Hi...

Sorry I didn't explain it right.

I am not doing pointe as I can't stand it.

Tamara-Marie is a trained ballet dancer.

By LilaButJaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 25, 2008 01:02 PM
Oooer. I love the outfit! Eell it sounds like I would anyways. You have got to post the photos.
I agree, it looks like she should have a bit (large bit) more training en pointe or she could hurt herself!
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 25, 2008 02:01 PM
Edited by x_Nic_x (180714) on 2008-11-25 14:02:53
^ I clicked on the link irishdaydreamer put on, flicked through some photos and nearly wanted to cry. There was one shot where she was standing really crookedly in a door frame looking at the ceiling on pointe... even I, who has probably never even touched a pointe shoe, know that she could have SERIOUSLY injured herself.

Your outfit sounds great - the photographer will tell you how to pose, but you could always practice looking at your best angle in the mirror to get a couple of really flattering shots from that angle. I know my advice is probably unnecessary because you may have already done the shoot, but I still thought I'd contribute :)
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:41 AM
Sorry, but I just have to point this one out...
a352.ac-images.myspacecdn.com . . .

Dude... those ribbons... GAH!
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 17, 2008 01:01 PM
Gosh !!! That girl does not even know how to fasten her ribbons ....one of the first things you are taught
By EvieandIslasmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:12 AM
^^ I think she wanted advice on poses not ribbon tying!!

Just be yourself, the photrographer will bring the best out if hes any good ;) x
By madseasonPremium member
On Thu Jan 08, 2009 08:53 PM
As a photographer, the best thing a model can do is be natural, relaxed and open to trying lots of things. Creativity is great too but only if the photographer is interested in the models ideas.

As for these photos, they are good photos but no offense to the model, she is NOT a (well) trained ballet dancer and she should NOT be en pointe. Have fun at your shoot.

ReplySendWatch