Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Lululemon in the pool?
By CNDhighlandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:09 AM

Has anyone ever worn an item of Lululemon clothing in a pool? There was a girl at camp who wore one of their bodysuits in the lake, but I dont know what the chlorine or bromine would do to the fabric and dont want to entire ruin an expensive item of clothing. I know it probably wouldnt be good perse for the fabric but does it completely destroy it?

7 Replies to Lululemon in the pool?

re: Lululemon in the pool?
By CrayolaPremium member
On Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:17 AM
Even repeated exposure to chlorine ruins bathing suits, so no, I wouldn't wear my lulu bodysuits in the pool.

Why would you want to though? I have two lulu bodysuits and they are very thin. No liner or anything...not something I'd like to be in when I'm soaking wet :?
On Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 AM
haha, i totally agree with you on the thinness lol

its actually a sports bra that i wanted to wear. i always like to wear two tops, weird i know, and i just wanted to know if this bra was an option (cause i absolutely love it). and it wouldnt be that many times, 1-2 times a month.
By CrayolaPremium member
On Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:51 AM
Oh, haha...ic.

I would buy a lulu bra (or use the one you have) that's specifically for pool. I have a friend who wears a lulu bra for extra support under a rash guard.
By MissCeallaighmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 11, 2008 05:39 PM
When I read that I thought you meant shorts or something, you kind of scared me! :O

Anyways, a bra top may not be that bad. Have you asked at the store?
On Thu Dec 04, 2008 03:59 PM
an update:

I have been wearing one of my lulu bras in the pool (have sewn darts to keep the padding from slipping out) and it has been working well. The fabric doesnt seem to be losing any colour nor is it stretching out. Of course I have only done this about 4 times.
By simply_obsessed
On Thu Dec 04, 2008 04:27 PM
I wore lulu shorts in the pool once and completely forgot about the chlorine thing, it faded the waistband of the shorts to a nasty colour but the main shorts part is fine. ive also worn them in the lake and nothing seemed to happen but that was after the chlorine faded them so I dunno lol.
By Nedion
On Thu Apr 08, 2021 08:08 AM
Chlorine can actually be an active destructive ingredient not only for swimwear fabric but also for skin. But I don't think there is a cheap alternative for public swimming pools. I myself use special vacuum cleaners to clean the pool. Here is a comparison article for top models from superior brands. I chose this option because there are children in the house and it will be a safer way for them.

ReplySendWatch