Forum: Russia / Russia - General

Can someone please tell me the name of this Vaganova Ballet Academy dancer please?
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 10, 2008 08:15 PM
Edited by begstretcher2008 (197101) on 2008-11-10 20:19:07
Edited by begstretcher2008 (197101) on 2008-11-10 20:20:29
Moved to Russia - General by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-11-21 18:58:22 member request

Hi! Below is a link to one of the Vaganova Ballet Academy videos on youtube.com. Can someone watch this for me please and tell me who is the dancer in the first set of dancers that is on the far right-hand side of the screen as you are looking at the video? She's the one with the dark hair, prominent hips, and tiny tiny waist. She is my utmost favorite on there and I would LOVE to know what her name is.

I am putting it here since I feel you adulties might know better than I would. Please let me know, I would love to know what happened to her and what she is doing now. You can see a really good view of her at 0:46 on up.

www.youtube.com . . .

Thank you all so much for helping me find the answers to my questions! She is just so beautifully talented. *HUGS* to you all. God Bless You!

Sincerely,

begstretcher2008 :)

11 Replies to Can someone please tell me the name of this Vaganova Ballet Academy dancer please?

re: Can someone please tell me the name of this Vaganova Ballet Academy dancer please?
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 11, 2008 06:06 AM
I don't know who it is, but there have been many famous dancers who were students at the Vaganova Ballet Academy (including Ninel Kurgapkina, Rudolf Nureyev, Irina Kolpakova, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Natalia Makarova, Yuri Soloviev, Altynai Asylmuratova, Diana Vishneva, and Svetlana Zakharova) to name a few.

While I was trying to figure out who was in your video, I found a video of a young Sylvie Guillem at 14 (she's in front) www.youtube.com . . .
re: Can someone please tell me the name of this Vaganova Ballet Academy dancer please?
By RosePremium member
On Tue Nov 11, 2008 06:27 AM
Ilyaballet posted the link to this video. He is a teacher at the Bolshoi Academy now. Maybe he remembers the name of this dancer.
On Tue Nov 11, 2008 06:30 AM
bayadere93,

I am the one that wrote the review on the reviews in regards to wondering who the lady was, and he never answered. Plus, he's never answered my PM to him directly as I do have a youtube account as well. It's extremely frustrating because I would give anything to know her name.
On Mon Nov 17, 2008 03:19 PM
Okay so I heard back from Ilya and he didn't know who she was neither. Now today I looked in the Ballet Members - Misc section where Ballet_Flower had given us the website to the Mariinsky. Okay well I sat here and went through all the female dancers that I could find on that site and I think I might have found her.

What do you all think about this lady? Doesn't she look somewhat like her if you compare the video to her picture?

www.mariinsky.ru . . .

Thanks for everyone and their help. Let me know what you all think of the comparison.
By RosePremium member
On Mon Nov 17, 2008 03:38 PM
Could be. The image is to hard to see to be sure, but they look like each other when I watch the chin and nose.
On Wed Nov 19, 2008 08:36 AM
Thank you bayadere93 for taking the 'time' to watch the video and compare the picture like I asked. At least you did that for me and a few other people that have commented to me about it in PM's. Thank you everyone who viewed the video and replied.

I think it's her too. Just not really sure yet. But she is an amazing dancer I think. :)

Maybe more people will take the time to comment, as there are several Kirov girls here that I'm hoping they could help me out too.
By RosePremium member
On Wed Nov 19, 2008 01:15 PM
You could try asking this on the Russia board (Local).
On Wed Nov 19, 2008 09:04 PM
Hi Bayadere93, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, no I cannot ask this on the Russia boards, as cross-posting is not allowed. I learned that the hard way with another post I did.

But I found some more pictures of her on a google search and it fits her image almost perfectly, although her hair is a different color. Everyone changes their hair color. I know I do.

Actually, it's kinda funny Bayadere93 because I had no clue that there were 'local' boards, so thank you for telling me about those. I am still learning on here. :)
By RosePremium member
On Thu Nov 20, 2008 08:26 AM
You can ask a mod to move your post to the Local/Russia part.
Just a suggestion for next time.
On Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:20 PM
Well I just mod reported the thread so we'll see what happens. Hopefully they will move it for me. If not, then I understand. But I'm so grateful that Ballet_Flower posted the link to the Mariinsky because I really think that's her. I think I will also write to Ilya on youtube and give him the link to Tatiana's picture and see what he thinks as well.

One way or another I will find out hopefully. Thank you to everyone who viewed the video and post. Greatly appreciated for all of your help, especially yours Bayadere93. *HUGS* to you my friend.
On Sat Nov 29, 2008 07:34 AM
Edited by Rainbws_Watrflls (197101) on 2008-11-29 07:35:51
Thank you kindly everyone for replying to this post. I have called upon Ilya and Ketinoa on youtube (since they post the Vaganova videos to begin with) to help me with this and they are both going to help me find my answer. Ketinoa does not believe it is Tatiana after all. He believes it is another woman, but cannot do anything until Ilya figures out a few questions we have for him.

So now we wait. Thank you all kindly for your help. Have a safe and blessed Holiday Season as well :)

ReplySendWatch