Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Tap - Advanced
Tap companies?
By tappergurl Comments: 123, member since Tue Feb 01, 2005
On Fri Nov 14, 2008 06:47 AM

So I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the options are right now for someone who wants to dance professionally but is a tapper, not a jazz/modern/contemporary/ballerina. Are there tap companies, etc, like there is for ballet? Where can I get info on auditions and the like ?
~Thanks

1 Replies to Tap companies?

re: Tap companies?
By Jalietapzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 883, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Wed Nov 19, 2008 08:21 AM
Well it's a little hard to answer because I don't know what is out there for tappers who are outside of NY but I can tell you that there are Tap companies and ways for tappers to dance professionally. The best way to get into this world is to meet the tap dancers who are creating work right now and take their classes, speak to them after class and make sure they know you and what you want to do. From what I've learned the tap world is tiny! Everyone knows everyone. Try researching some of these people who I know are working with their own companies: Barbara Duffy barbaraduffyandcompany.com, Max Pallok rumbatap.com, njtap.org, jazztapensemble.org. I hope some of this helps you.

ReplySendWatch