Forum: Arts / Photos - Members

Venture Portraits
By Euphoriamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 04:11 AM

Been meaning to post these for a couple of weeks now.

My boyfriend and I had some photo's done for ourselves and got the cd-rom so that we could make some presents for our families.

It was a really fun experience and I like the way the pictures look different and interesting.

13 Replies to Venture Portraits

re: Venture Portraits
By CrayolaPremium member
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 06:33 AM
Your photos are amazing! I love the last one; very creative :)

I'd also like to say that your skin is amazing...you're glowing!
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:01 AM
Thanks!

The skin is down to roaccutane. My skin was horrific until about July, so its really nice to hear it looks good. Made my day!
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:18 AM
I love, love, LOVE the one with you looking over your boyfriend's shoulder. Your eyes look amazing. And the last one is really cute too, it looks like you're having fun.

And your hair is lovely and shiny.

/compliments
By dancer_emjmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 04:11 PM
Those are awesome!! They're very creative. I love the pointe shoe ones! [and the rest!]
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 04:10 AM
Euphoria,

I love your pictures. They are very beautiful and how you do your eyes is so pretty. You look so very happy. In one of those photos your hair was down past your back, is it really that long? It's very pretty. :)

Thank you so much for sharing those with us. Very nice presents they will be indeed to everyone who receives them.

*HUGS* to you my friend. :)
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 04:25 AM
Thanks!

My hair only comes about 6 inches past my shoulders.

I fully recommend Venture to those in the UK. It was a really fun experience, they play the music you like and its just really good fun taking the pictures, we had such a laugh, and I usually HATE photographs being taken of me.

Just one word of advice. When you go to see the pictures, do not accept the glass of wine on offer. They do it to weaken your resistance. They project the photo's onto the wall in a darkened room with nice music playing, tell you how gorgeous you look, then they start putting your favourites into different formations. You then choose the frame to go with the pictures...THEN they tell you the price.

We chose a formation of 7 photo's, 3 square ones on the top, the long one of me looking over my boyfriends shoulder in the middle, and 3 more below it. It came to about £1200. EEK! Problem is, by the time they tell you the price, you don't care anymore as you fall in love with them.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 07:07 AM
Plan B...use the UK Poound 1200...fly across the Atlantic, and I'LL take the pictures. :)

Vacation and free pictures.

Jon
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 07:12 AM
lol.

How weirded out would you be if I turned up on your doorstep for my photo shoot? Thanks, made me chuckle.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 08:03 AM
^I'd probably have to do a rush job to clean out my former basement studio, long since taken over by many other things...most of which I want to get rid of. This would be one way to get my wife to throw a bunch of stuff out. [I, of course, have my own mess, but it is in different areas of the basement. She probably feels the same about me.]

Jon
By Dancingkate_x
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 02:10 PM
Wow your photos are amazing.
I've always wanted to go to venture :)
I love the one of you looking over your boyfriend's shoulder, your eyes look really nice on this pic.

x
By dancingincereal
On Wed Nov 26, 2008 09:43 AM
these are absolutely gorgeous! i think the 2nd to last one is a really quirky twist on a very common photo, and i love it! i also find the 5th one, where he looks like he is whispering something to you, amazing! i really wish that i could go to the uk and get my pictures taken where you were!

i hope that your families enjoy their photos! =) i think its a great idea for a gift!
By Eireannmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:08 PM
a) you look absolutely stunning in those photos, and I now want a tutorial for that frosty eye treatment.

b) you and your bf are adorable together. Seriously.

c) Lord, £1200? Just thinking of that in Canadian dollars, and that more than covers my tuition. I should really be charging folks for the portrait sessions I've been doing ;)
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:31 PM
I IZ JEALOUZ.

WOW, your pictures are amazing!! I love them so much. I want fun pictures with my boyfriend! I was thinking that when we move in together we should get some nice ones done so we could put them up on our walls. :)

Holy cow you are GORGEOUS, by the way. I love all the photos!!

ReplySendWatch