Forum: Arts / Diaries

Diaries
Be responsible for what you post
By Elfiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4193, member since Thu May 01, 2003
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 06:05 AM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-11-16 06:08:44 tiny typo fix
Made sticky by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-11-16 06:09:04

I would just like to post a friendly little reminder that even though this is diary board this is the internet. What you post here is public, anyone can come across it by accident, even the people you write about. The one who needs to be responsible for your privacy is you. Moderators are here to enforce the TOS, not your self-control. Writing is a wonderful therapeutic tool and the advantage of a public diary is the peer support, but privacy is also an important factor. There is anonymous board where you can get advice without compromising it, if you really need to. And there are things that are better suited for the oldfashioned diary books no one reads but you. Once you've written and posted something, you may not always get it removed just because you think you said too much in a weak moment.

4 Replies to Be responsible for what you post

re: Be responsible for what you post
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4729, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 09:18 AM
I agree completely. Posters need to remember that if you've posted something you later regret, you have two hours to edit your post. You can wipe out everything you've said, and reword your post.
By maya_ballerina Comments: 926, member since Wed Mar 27, 2002
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:02 AM
Agree! Writing everything out is fine. But still remember that this is a public space!
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Mon Nov 17, 2008 03:15 PM
Okay... well, if people come across all the postings I have on ohm-meters and circuits.. and get their wires crossed.. well, it AIN'T any of my doing!

'Course now, the number of times **I'VE** had my wires crossed.... :]

Shadow.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Fri Jan 02, 2009 02:22 PM
Thanks for this, 'cause I KNOW I was guilty of this in the past my self...one of the reasons I closed my last diary.

ReplySendWatch