Popular Ballet

WIN a full 2-week tuition scholarship to the 2015 Joffrey Ballet School NYC Summer Intensive! by joffreyconcert
Enter to WIN a full 2-week tuition scholarship to the 2015 Joffrey Ballet School NYC Summer...

Forum: Jazz / Lyrical

Lyrical
Lyrical Shoes: What's best? DancePaws, FootUndeez, Foot Thongs, Barefoot, or Jazz Shoes. en>fr fr>en
By rr_lover Comments: 511, member since Sat Feb 02, 2008
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:02 AM
Edited by rr_lover (191435) on 2008-11-16 10:03:11

What would be the best thing for a newbie to the world of dancing Lyrical for me to wear?. i want something easy on my feet, but still be able to turn and leap and all that, also i want something that will last me a while and not fall a part after 1 or 2 class's. So whats your verdict? because once i hear back from my studio i need to pick SHOES!!!!! i am SHOELESS! te hehehehehe :D :P.

14 Replies to Lyrical Shoes: What's best? DancePaws, FootUndeez, Foot Thongs, Barefoot, or Jazz Shoes.

re: Lyrical Shoes: What's best? DancePaws, FootUndeez, Foot Thongs, Barefoot, or Jazz Shoes. en>fr fr>en
By GumbyGirl1990 Comments: 101, member since Wed Jul 23, 2008
On Sun Nov 23, 2008 03:29 PM
I'd recommend FootUndeez. I feel like jazz shoes break up my lines and if you're new and try to go barefoot you probably won't have the callouses you need for turning. Granted, you should dance barefoot on your own, until you do get callouses, because often times teacher's want dances performed barefoot and if you have to do any more than a single pirouette and you don't have any callouses on your feet...well basically it's not going to happen, lol.

Hope I helped. :)
re: Lyrical Shoes: What's best? DancePaws, FootUndeez, Foot Thongs, Barefoot, or Jazz Shoes. en>fr fr>en
By JessiDancer4Life Comments: 141, member since Mon Jul 28, 2008
On Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:37 AM
I sometimes go barefoot, but the other students in my class wear these:
carriebs.com . . .

but they also wear dancepaws sometimes too, and my teacher wears jazz shoes.

i like all three, but i've never tried footundeez or foot thongs
By dk1045 Comments: 135, member since Fri Feb 16, 2007
On Mon Dec 01, 2008 03:07 PM
i went from ballet shoes to footundies to bare feet.
why?
your feet need to bulid up dead skin to be able to turn.
so first get usedthe dance style without your feet hurting.
once you get used to it try dance paws. and the only thing that might hurt are you toes. than when you try bare feet you will be better off.
bare feet are really grounded and a great connection to dance so bulid your way up :)
By svadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 275, member since Mon Sep 08, 2008
On Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 PM
I prefer the Bloch Foot thong II, they're pretty comfortable, and lasted me quite a while too. you can get them on discountdance.com
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Wed Dec 24, 2008 07:48 AM
if you have to pick shoes, I'd say footundeez because its the closest thing to barefeet

I prefer dancing barefoot in lyrical though, but you have to really build up your calluses!! =]
By KangarooPawmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2452, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Wed Dec 24, 2008 01:38 PM
Guys. There are already like, a million threads on this topic. Before posting a thread about something common like shoes, I strongly suggest going through the first few pages of threads to see if there is one on the topic already. People get really tired of seeing the same topic pop up over and over again.

Just sharing my knowledge. ;)
By never_katiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 803, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Thu Jan 08, 2009 03:37 PM
I like Footundeez a lot. They last a very long time :D
By pointegrl22 Comments: 68, member since Fri Oct 24, 2008
On Thu Jan 15, 2009 06:46 PM
[hl= white green] I say FootUndeez!!!
By danceaholic_xoxo Comments: 501, member since Tue Dec 23, 2008
On Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 AM
I'd say barefoot or FootUndeez

I use lyrical sandals and I can honestly say they are terrible! lol.
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4665, member since Wed Dec 19, 2001
On Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 AM
When I used to dance lyrical, I used the lyrical sandal (the link that JessiDancer posted), and I really liked them. I also haven't used anything else, so I can't really compare
By born4dance Comments: 13, member since Thu Mar 20, 2008
On Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:06 PM
i love dancepaws! i've tried everything but foot thongs... i just really don't like foot undeez because they twist when you're turning and the little pads on the bottom don't cover the right areas and come off very easily. Footundeez get holes in them way easily too. I reccomend dancepaws because they last much longer, don't twist, cover the entire ball of your foot, are durable, and adjustable to your toe size.... Bare feet is probably the best option if you have good callouses though :)
By danceaholic_xoxo Comments: 501, member since Tue Dec 23, 2008
On Sun Jan 25, 2009 01:57 PM
I perfer footundeez over anything honestly. Just got a pair, and I love them, except for the fact that they shift around a little bit, other than that they're great.
By xohaleydances Comments: 9, member since Mon Oct 13, 2008
On Sun Jan 25, 2009 02:43 PM
I use dance paws for lyrical, and jazz shoes for jazz. I like dance paws because they are one my foot, and have never fallen off in my 2 years of using them. I havent replaced them since my first pair. You might have to wash them once in a while, because they get dirty.
By passion4danceXOX Comments: 55, member since Mon Jan 19, 2009
On Sun Jan 25, 2009 09:35 PM
I almost always wear jazz shoes. I feel that my feet stick to the floor too much and i can't turn well when I am wearing foot undies. I guess it's a matter of toughening the balls of my feet but I don't dance at the studio enough to need to really do that :P

ReplySendWatch