Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Professionals

Jazz - Professionals
Choreographers
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Mon Dec 01, 2008 09:15 PM

If some of you ever got instructed by professioal choreographers, can you tell me who, when, and what your expiriance is

example from my expriance

Rob Schultz- he comes to our studio once a year to choreograph our openers for our dance recital
he came to out studio to run an Artist in Training workshop and I actually won a scholarship to Hollywood Connection convention, he taught us two jazz classes and a lyrical class
he is just an awesome person, the environment is just so relaxed and you feel like you can just let go and be yourself, and feel like you can do your best!!
his assistant tanya is great too, she cool and laidback

Lisette Bustamante- she came to our studio with Rob for Artist in Training, she taught us two hip-hop classes
she really awesome, I learned more in 2 hourlong class than I have ever!!

Joseph (he's a principal dancer for the arizona ballet, i forgot his last name)- he came to Artist in training too and he taught 2 ballet classes and 2 progression classes
he's really nice, and percise, so you know EXACTLY what he's teaching you
I learned to do just as the instructor teaches
and how to be more exact with barre work

I also just want to thank these choreographers for giving me such great classes!! I felt like a new person after that weekend
and that scholarship meant SO much!!
it makes me feel that all that work paid off, now I can go to HC for FREE!!

now tell me your expriances =]

6 Replies to Choreographers

re: Choreographers
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Dec 01, 2008 09:24 PM
^I love Joseph. He is my favorite dancer at Ballet Arizona and I agree that he is a great teacher!!
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Mon Dec 01, 2008 09:30 PM
he's really cool
i love his accent too!! the way he says "balance"
when did he teach you??

oh and I forgot to add, this thread shouldnt include teachers at away conventions or at summer intensives, because if everyone did this, their posts would be a mile long!! =]
By xpeaceeluvdancex Comments: 100, member since Sun Nov 30, 2008
On Fri Dec 05, 2008 06:33 PM
AWWWWWW! I wish that a professional choreographer would come to our studio! That would be such a wonderful oppurtunity.
On Sun Dec 07, 2008 05:10 PM
it is wonderful, because you know at conventions there are like 1000 girls in a room

well, there was like 15 girls in a room, and we all got personal attention from each one!! =]

Comment #7784027 deleted

On Mon Dec 08, 2008 06:09 PM
thats great!! =]

ReplySendWatch