Forum: Arts / Fashion

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Fashion
Really now, where is everyone getting these flannel shirts? en>fr fr>en
By Reelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2682, member since Thu Dec 28, 2006
On Thu Dec 04, 2008 03:44 AM

I have been dying for a nice long sleeve button up flannel shirt. In the traditional plaidish patterns, you know what I mean. I have seen them everywhere and REALLY want one, but I can't seem to find them! My dad and grandpa have flannel shirts...but they are SO old and obviously I can't wear their stuff. I'd like one that actually fits me! I haven't seen anything in the juniors section of many stores (I usually shop at Alloy, Delia's, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Wet Seal, etc., as well as Target/Mervyn's/Kohl's/JC Penney's) and I've even looked in the little boys and little girls sections with no luck.

shop.vans.com . . .
The only one I've seen is from the Vans website, it was really cute but I think it was $40. Not TERRIBLE I suppose, but I don't think it should cost that much...haha...$20 maybe $25 should be plenty reasonable in my opinion!

Anyhoo, if you've seen them or have one, where??!?

27 Replies to Really now, where is everyone getting these flannel shirts?

re: Really now, where is everyone getting these flannel shirts? en>fr fr>en
By Acrothiel Comments: 4568, member since Sun Jan 12, 2003
On Thu Dec 04, 2008 05:20 AM
I have got one of these recently but I don't think I can help you. I've got mine from a shop called Clockhouse which is part of C&A but I think that you don't have these shops where you live. I found it in the young fashion area for girls.
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3865, member since Wed Aug 17, 2005
On Thu Dec 04, 2008 09:38 AM
My sister got one from Old Navy...a few years ago. But I'm sure they'd be the kind of store to have them. And I think I have seen them at Forever 21, but more "fashion-y", like they were trying too hard to make them look cute.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:08 AM
I never quit wearing plaid flannel after the 90s, haha. Some of mine are old but some are newer. I usually find them at places like Meijer and Wal-mart. Mine tend to be from the men's section since I like to wear them over other things...plus the sleeves are long enough that way. I have seen them in less women's sections of stores, I must admit. You can always take in a men's shirt, I suppose.
By KeepOnSinginPremium member Comments: 12372, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 06:41 AM
PacSun has them.
By kaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1474, member since Sat Aug 11, 2007
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:47 AM
My friend bought one at Forever 21 like two weeks ago. Maybe you can try shopping online:

www.forever21.com . . .

www.forever21.com . . .

www.forever21.com . . .

www.forever21.com . . .
By gurlwithcurls Comments: 599, member since Wed Nov 10, 2004
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:45 AM
Boys section at Target. They're like $10.

~*~Maggie~*~
By BananasInPyjamasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 179, member since Fri Jul 01, 2005
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:12 PM
H&M has some, in both the kids and young (divided) deparments.
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1553, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 02:59 PM
I don't know if you have a Steve & Barrys by you but I have seen flannel shirts there. They were only like $8 or something like that. Hopefully you find one!

Stephanie
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8454, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 03:03 PM
I just got a green and blue flannel shirt from Goodwill for $3. It's originally from Delia's and it's in great shape. Try there...there's always surprisingly fashionable stuff.
By Craniotomy114member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1095, member since Fri May 31, 2002
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 04:39 PM
I second the goodwill suggestion. If you have sewing skills you could even alter it to make a button-down dress or cute top!
By Reelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2682, member since Thu Dec 28, 2006
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 05:20 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I did look at Target but now that I know they supposedly have some I'll look online or at a different store. I'll also try Pac sun. Ehh those ones on Forever 21 aren't really very good looking to me, and I had seen some before but they were what appeared to be 3/4 sleeve. We don't have Steve and Barry's around here but I'll check if they have anything online. I'll look into H&M as well although I'm not sure where there is one around here. And I shop at Delia's all the time but I don't think I've ever seen one...I'll try again I suppose! Thanks! And if anyone else has stores or ideas to try let me know! :)
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 08:25 PM
the hiphop/urban clothing stores usually have shirts for guys like that. Maybe they have them for girls too?

The ones I go to are called Born and Raised, Epic, etc.
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 09:24 PM
I just bought a couple at H&M today! There were a bunch of small guys that fit, but there were also some really cute fitted ones in the junior's sections.
By amichelle523member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 608, member since Sat Sep 02, 2006
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 PM
I was going to suggest PacSun as well. Macy's has some cute ones too (like this one www1.macys.com . . .), but like others have mentioned, they are technically in the men's section.
By kaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1474, member since Sat Aug 11, 2007
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:50 PM
PacSun shirts are kind of expensive though. Maybe around $40 or more.

I saw a bunch of them at Sears today for $14.99. If that helps at all!
By pointeprincess5member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 864, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Sun Dec 07, 2008 01:02 PM

delias.com does have plaid shirts. this one was $35. just type plaid shirt into the search bar.
By dancer_emjmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1151, member since Mon Apr 02, 2007
On Sun Dec 07, 2008 02:14 PM
^^ I was just getting ready to suggest that one!

Anyway, I got mine at a thrift store for a couple bucks. It's a men's small, so it's a little more fitted. Sometimes I put a belt around the waist to make it look more girly. I like it a lot.

But, like someone lese said, try Goodwill! Or any other thrift shop.
By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2747, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Sun Dec 07, 2008 05:50 PM
I see shirts like this ALL the time at Ross and Wal-Mart.

The first one is from Kohls, the second from Sears. Both of them are $15.
The other three are all from Charlotte Russe. I know they're more juniors-ish-looking, and tailored, but here they are anyway. They were all like, $20 or less.
By valley06 Comments: 660, member since Fri Aug 20, 2004
On Mon Dec 08, 2008 09:22 AM
I got mine from Forever 21. I don't remember how much it was, but I think it was pretty cheap because I got it to use as part of a Halloween costume so I didn't want to spend much money on it, haha.
re: Really now, where is everyone getting these flannel shirts? (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Dec 10, 2008 08:02 PM
The real question is WHY is everyone getting these flannel shirts?

They were unattractive and dowdy the first time around, in the 90s when grunge was in.

Helen
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 AM
^ I'm crying with you.

WHY WHY WHY!!!!
On Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 AM
^I get ya, I get ya. I've honestly only seen ONE shirt I've liked so far. At Forever 21. They sold out of it. I find the other ones ugly! Of course I love my grampa's flannel shirt, but it's not mine and WAY too huge...and from forever ago.
By smellykaT Comments: 867, member since Mon Aug 22, 2005
On Thu Dec 11, 2008 02:16 PM
Why can't people just wear what they like and makes them happy?

I don't get the concept of fashion "rules".
By hiphop2pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 395, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Thu Dec 18, 2008 06:40 PM
This one is adorable! From Forever 21 and 14.50
www.forever21.com . . .
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch