Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop

need help looking for hip hop songs to fit our theme
By dancer1128
On Mon Dec 22, 2008 07:50 AM

Ok, so I just found out that this year our recital theme is "Thats Entertainment" Broadway, Movies & TV.

I have four hip hop classes:
Ages 6-9 (beginner)
Ages 7-12 (beginner/intermediate)
Ages 10-13 (intermediate)
Ages 12-15 (advanced)

For recital the first two classes will dance together and the second two clases will dance together. So there will be two dances. Each dance is like a mini production, so multiple songs can be used.

Any ideas would be great, as I am feeling stuck. I thought about doing Step Up (since it is a movie), however we have done so much to that this year in our combos across the floor, that I think the kids will get bored.

The songs dont necessarily have to be from an actual movie/tv show/broadway, it can be something that could describe it.

Any help would be great, as I have to start teaching their dances in two weeks. Thanks!

2 Replies to need help looking for hip hop songs to fit our theme

re: need help looking for hip hop songs to fit our theme
By JessiDancer4Life
On Mon Dec 22, 2008 06:50 PM
Not sure which class(es) you're talking about, but for the older ones you could do like a mixture of songs.
Maybe you could use different songs from step up and from step up 2, both have great soundtracks.
re: need help looking for hip hop songs to fit our theme
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:32 AM
You could always start it off with them strutting around being movie stars and paparazzi or something... then wham, the music changes, they rip off clothes revealing wonderful hip-hop outfits, a "sick" beat comes in and they all start dancing!

Haha, I had fun just imagining that :)

ReplySendWatch