Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Tap - Advanced
Results are through for my Inter tap exam
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3982, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Tue Jan 06, 2009 04:39 AM

And I passed!!! Woohoo. My teacher just sent me a message to let me know; I got 61, which isn't brilliant, but is only 4 marks away from a B so I'm fairly pleased. I know there were several bits of the exam that didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I think it may have been nerves, because the technical exercises did not come out as well as I've done them in class, but I felt like the two pre-set amalgamations and my solo dance went very well.

I have a feeling that the rhythm improv and the free work is what let me down, though. The improv above all I kept fluffing. I'm normally pretty rhythmical (according to my teacher) but that bit just kept going wrong.

Oh well, I'll soon find out exactly where I lost marks, and work on those for the next exam.

The good news is, I can now finally get registered for that teaching certificate I've been taking classes in for the past goodness knows how long, and I can start on Advanced 1 (which is very exciting).

3 Replies to Results are through for my Inter tap exam

re: Results are through for my Inter tap exam
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Tue Jan 06, 2009 07:32 AM
Oh man, Improv... *shudders* I don't really have many perceived weaknesses in myself or my training, but that's one of them. I only view it with a Grade 2 Shudder these days because I've got more experience choreographing from teaching - but that's still not quite the same as improv! It's a tough thing to do.

The important thing is you passed (CONGRATULATIONS!), and can move forward. No-one really cares about your marks after a while - just whether you passed or not ;)
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Thu Jan 08, 2009 08:31 AM
I used to be good at tap improvisation, but that skill has dwindled from neglect.

Congratulations on passing your exam! That's a great achievement!!

Helen
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3982, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Thu Jan 08, 2009 08:43 AM
Thanks both of you! :D I'm still grinning like an idiot whenever I think about it.

Hehehe, I'm so glad to know that improv is hard for everyone! Makes me feel better about it; I'll be sure to keep practicing so that next time I'm much more confident. I can sometimes pull it off, but it's nowhere near consistent yet.

First Advanced 1 class is next Weds, and I'm really excited. Someone's already given me a hint of some of what's involved (like closework turning) so I'm raring to go.

ReplySendWatch