Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop

Hip hop with a twist
By jstdancewitme247
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 05:41 PM

Hey guys,
So I have done a hip hop dance for my school 4 different times and thats kinda what I'm known for so I know thats what they are expecting of me for my next choreography... I really wanna do something TOTALLY different though cuz its my senior year. so i was thinking about doing a hip hop dance with like... a storyline... kinda like in so you think you can dance with the frankhenstein and stuff... if you have any ideas i would REALLY REALLY appreciate it. go as off the wall as possible cuz this dance is gonna kick the preppy little dance teams A** all the way to BFE!!!!! :D anywhozer :) thanks mucho!!

3 Replies to Hip hop with a twist

re: Hip hop with a twist
By dncnqn
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 06:46 PM
I am a hip hop teacher and have a couple I'd like to try. Think lyrical hip hop-like to Heartless. The other idea I had was to do something like start out all beauty queen like, then get ghetto-not sure what music you'd use though.
By killer_queen
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 03:53 PM
You can do something like: "after the flood" brandy, and make the theme a thunder storm and wet your hair and have umbrellas.
By katielou1529
On Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:11 AM
Oh my gosh, hip hop with a storyline is amazing! SYTYCD's lyrical hip hop dances are sick! I don't know what type of dance you want to do (lyrical, hard core hip hop, etc) but here it goes. I always wanted to do a lyrical hip hop to So Sick (maybe the girl version?) and have this broken-hearted story. You could also do one to Chris Brown's Superhuman. If you wanted something a little darker you could do one to Madonna's Die Another Day. A couple of my friends and I choreographed a dance to it and it was kind of along the same line as her music video (the whole interrogation theme). Anyway, best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

ReplySendWatch