An erection
By balletmen
On 01/07/2009 23:05:42
Are you embassed when you get a erection in ballet class ,the females can see your penis.
re: An erection
By panic
On 01/08/2009 01:16:33
Seriously? What kind of dance belt are you wearing? Is this a joke? I've never been embarrassed about having an erection during dance class. But I'm curious - How do all the females see your penis? I assume you're wearing a dance belt and tights, right? Don't be such a perv.
By dangslow
On 01/17/2009 09:45:35
I dont get embarrased by my erections, but then again, I focus on dance enough that I dont readily get them. If you wear a dance belt, there is nothing that is gonna show. You get a little bit of chub, you realize it, then the panic sets in and it's enough to make it go away. Then you re-focus your thoughts. If you are in dance with no belt and you get wood then it is your own fault.
By VelvetRagamuffin
On 01/22/2009 09:56:36
I'm still trying to figure out what "embassed" means. I've heard of "embossed," so I wonder if that's what you're talking about. With that said, I don't think an erection has ever embossed me. That would just be awkward and [b]embarrassing.[/b]
By Xtreme_lad_TT
On 02/07/2009 11:00:55
can I ask how old you are mate I would say it is natural mate your a guy and there girls its bound to happen so dont worrie lol
By hokiebird18
On 02/15/2009 12:11:42
LOL that would be really awkward.
By hokiebird18
On 02/15/2009 12:13:30
LOL that would be really awkward, I'd hate to have it be so obvious that everyone can see
By tonystark
On 04/06/2009 18:12:17
I'd be pretty proud of it. The girls are already checking out your package anyways... just think of dead kitties...
By knarfknarf
On 04/10/2009 17:25:02
Generally too focused on dancing to get one, the constant exercise prevents one from ever coming on.
By luv2plie
On 04/16/2009 23:52:56
I don't get one in class because I am concentrating so hard in ballet classes! If you get one...it will go away...Keep on dancing! Kev
re: perverted action,may be
By sat
On 04/28/2009 08:02:18
Good to know that there are no girls posting here so I could adress a man-to-man issue. Ok I am fairly new to ballet and just in observation mode.I am shocked by the term 'dance belt' and personally I thought it was a belt worn with jeans or trousers or a support belt for the back/torso.But that wasn't the case.To me the dance belt looks somewhat like an upgraded version of a g-string. Now addressing the title of the post. Somebody mentioned that it is natural and there are girls so it can happen so don't worry. I don't mean to offend but I would like to say that 'why would a male dancer get an erection if there are girls/female dancers around,because it sounds to me a perverted action because why should a dancer be looking at other female dancers in such a way that he gets a hard on!Sounde more of a perverted action rather than normal.I thought that dancers shouldn't be looking or imagining about female dancers/girls that give them an arousal. I don't have any experience of dancing with or being in a class with girls,so pardon me if I got the erection thing wrong in this context. Secondly,if you are concentrating in class you shouldn't get an arousal hopefully, because your mind is pre-occupied with what is going on in class,rather than an idle mind to fantasize things. Thirdly,because of your joystick (diplomatically put) pointing up,I have no idea whether you would get one or not,may be naturally yes,but then again I have not had a personal experience with a dance belt. As a 'male', I would say that the dance belt is the wierdest piece of dance apparel I have seen,or am I the only one freaking out,just hope it serves your purpose of ballet dancing. Enjoy happy,protected and safe dancing.
By panic
On 04/29/2009 18:34:49
A typical dance belt is exactly the same thing as a t-back jockstrap. But you can also get brief-style dance belts http://www.riversedgedancewear.com/fulbotdanbel.html You can also get jockstrap-style dance belts although they're not as versatile because you can see them under tights.
As a 'male', I would say that the dance belt is the wierdest piece of dance apparel I have seen,or am I the only one freaking out
First of all, I'm glad you put 'male' in quotes. Second, I doubt you have seen a dance belt. And third... Yes, you are the only one freaking out. You are freaking out because of underwear. Someone else's underwear. Perv.
By askling
On 04/29/2009 21:30:19
I'll say this, "Don't worry about it and think of your grandmother giving you a hug." Or something that just horrible.
By sat
On 04/30/2009 07:32:10
Lets put it this way. The dance belt serves two purposes.Firstly,to secure our essentials against injury and secondly,against [u]public embarassment[/u] while performing all over the place.That is because only the 'bulge' is visible and nothing more. Interestingly,I happen to read this question in various forums [u]'will a dance belt hide an erection?'[/u] the answers are really dibbly-dobbly and some say it is not a big deal.Guess what,it is a [u]big deal[/u] coz you are in for a [u]public embarassment[/u] because they can see your boner and it tells a lot about the dancer that why is he getting an erection while dancing on stage. So the question is that if a dance belt [u]cannot hide[/u] an erection,then every time you get one in public performance,it is just like a costume malfuction 'because something is seen which isn't supposed to be seen. i.e. an erection in public'.If the dance belt cannot hide an erection then this puts the male ballet dancer in a [u]'potentially' vulnearble position[/u] for his awkwardly timed erections in public,and the [u]onus[/u] is on him to ensure that he doesn't get one in the first place. Well,if the dance belt can hide an erection,then it is a [u]wonderful dance apparel[/u] that helps a male ballet dancer from public embarassment 'at all cost and at all times'. Now this leaves the question of why would a male dancer get an erection during class or during a public performance: 1. Just for the sake of it and for no reason - thats debatable althought I would personally not like to buy it.May be,may be not.Iffy. 2. Because the joystick (diplomatically put) is facing upwards and it is known that during at erection it is supposed to relatively face upwards,so keeping the joystick facing upwards in a dance belt can make it more prone/suceptible to erections.This would be most embarassing and hard to control probably,and kind of a flaw in the positioning which would likely cause an erection in public. So the question is 'if you place the joystick down,you could potentially cause an injury but significantly reduce the risk of erections' or 'if you place your joystick upwards then you negate chances of injury but increase the likelihood for erections in public'. So the upwards positioning is the 'catch' and there seems no other position to place in.Hence,it is something that the 'male ballet dancer' has to cope,deal and live with and from a [u]'female perverts' point of view it is the best they are hoping to see[/u] 3. His mind is pre-occupied and he is fantasizing something during class or performance time,which should not be the case. 4. He gets a boner because he is in a class/public performance with [u]female teachers/dancers[/u] who are [u]wearing minimum clothing or are cute/hot etc[/u].This to me is not a [u]'normal' rather a 'totally perverted'[/u] action because you are looking at the female dancers where you shouldn't be and you should not be thinking or fantasizing about them in any way whatsoever that should give a male dancer a hard on rather than focus on your actual dance [u]which is not sexual[/u].I think this should never ever happen from a professional dancer's viewpoint. So the question is that if you get an erection, is is because of a [u]perverted or a normal reaction![/u]Secondly,even if you get an erection then [u]can a dance belt hide your erection or is the onus on the male dancer not to get one[/u]. If it is the latter,then there exists a [u]'chance'[/u] for public embarassment for the male dancer. Yeah,I know it is kind of wierd to go to a store and ask 'do you have a dance belt that would hide an erection',because the thought of 'pervert' comes into mind because normally it can be argued you shouldn't be getting one.And the thought that everyone in the audience (including females) know that how my joystick is positioned is not that cool with me.Why do I get a feeling 'being a male' that [u]females[/u] would rather get [u]excited[/u] with this topic of 'dance belts and erections' something that is a male dancers vulnerability.Because he has been placed in tights and dance belts to show his lines,but showing lines comes with an added price tag of keeping erections into check,since if he wasn't wearing tights then he probably wouldn't be as worried about erections in public.This is something we don't talk in class with girls around since it is a 'private affair going public', I mean why should I worry 'at all' that public might see my erection! Just hope no female is reading this 'man-to-man' talk. Just my personal thoughts though. Enjoy happy,protected,safe and most importantly 'embarassment free' ballet dancing.
By panic
On 04/30/2009 11:27:28
This is something we don't talk in class with girls around since it is a 'private affair going public', I mean why should I worry 'at all' that public might see my erection!
Sat, you have never taken a dance class, so please don't pretend you know what you're talking about. Actually, I talk about this stuff in front of girls all the time. Just like the girls talk about bras in front of the me. Underwear is part of the costume, so when I teach, I always have a big discussion about it with the entire class - both girls and boys. And yes, shopping for a dance belt was mildly embarrassing for me when I was like 13 (just like shopping for a jockstrap was mildly embarrassing when I was 13). But then I grew up. And that is my advice to you - Grow up. And stop pretending like you've ever worn a dance belt or taken a dance class.
re: An insight into my 4th point in previous post (erection to a visual stimulus)
By sat
On 04/30/2009 13:33:16
Panic, mate with [u]all due respect[/u] to you,I had said that I was observing how the world of ballet works and I initially said that I have never dealt with a dance belt and/or a dance class.Ok,I wasn't aware that thoughts about underwear were openly exchanged between the opposite sex.I would be the least flattered if a female pointed out to adjust my dance belt to put my essentials back in place,if it ever happened. You mention that 'shoping for a dance belt was mildly embarassing for you were 13 just like shopping for a jockstrap was mildly embarrassing when you were 13'.Fair enough, though if it is a [u]genuine[/u] dance apparel then suppose I began taking ballet classes,then [u]why should I be embarassed at all[/u] in the first place,it signals to me that there is a [u]costuming issue[/u] I need to deal with.You said that "But then I grew up. And that is my advice to you - Grow up",fair enough mate but at the same time you must remember that any [u]new[/u] person is going to go [u]'whoa,what is that' the first time[/u] he would probably signs up for a ballet class or for any one new (audience may be) who hears of this word.The fact being that it could be embarassing dealing with a dance belt but its just that we grow up.Fair enough. But I would like to elaborate on my [u]"4th point" in my last post[/u] It is an attempt to break down this issue of erections to its [u]very basics and the rootcauses[/u]. Ok if a male dancer is going to fantasize then I guess it may be natural to get an erection. Moving on [u]what does a guy 'see' that gets him a boner in the first place?[/u] The question is that [u]what is the 'visual stimulus' to our basic manhood that causes an erection?[/u] Is a male dancer/man [u]susceptible or prone to any sort of potential erection or arousal[/u] while seeing: 1. A female in a bikini on the beach. 2. Female dancers doing ridiculous amounts of pelvic thrusts in a two-piece dance outfit in a potentially adult themed song like 'hey big spender,when you got it flaunt it etc' 3.Cheerleaders rigorously shaking their assets provocatively all over the place while trying to get the crowd going. 4. Watching skimpy clad models on fashion tv or similar contests. 5. Watching steamy hot MTV music videos that have become the order of the day. 6. Partnering a dance with a hot/cute female dancer or being part of a class in which there are such females. 6. Similar such things etc etc etc you can think of Basically in a nutshell,[u]part of being a male[/u],is it [u]natural/normal[/u] to be prone to a potential erection when seeing a female (visual stimulus) with a great body in [u]minimal clothing[/u] and NOT completely/totally naked, or is it a [u]perverted action[/u], or if there is [u]no reaction/erection[/u] then it is neither normal nor perverted,but rather an [u]abnormal dysfunction[/u] suggesting there is a problem with our natural 'manhood' reaction to the visual stimulus,prompting a visit to our nearest male reproductive clinic. This assumption is for 'straight' male dancers and kindly substitute 'male' instead of 'female' for the above criterion incase of gay,bi etc. The issue put forward [u]'does not at all'[/u] suggest that males are feeling [u]'sexual'[/u] after seeing females in minimal clothing,rather than [u]is it normal/perverted/abnormal to be prone to potential erections[/u], i.e. in essence a reaction of our package to a visual stimulus.More importantly,it is a [u]question of our manhood and is something that is part of being a male[/u]. I gave my contribution due to the nature of title of the post which reads 'erections' and by reading some threads it suggestst to me that [u]some male dancers are having problems coping up with erections in dance classes or in public performances[/u],a good example would be what the OP wrote in his first thread, and it seems that he attends dance classes,even if i don't!
By Tom99uk2003
On 05/08/2009 16:03:14
Haha Just do what all us guys do...... tuck it in your leg warmers. Now you know how us guys do En Pointe :D
By AussieDancerDude
On 05/18/2009 22:56:58
Hey dude, it's all good! For starters don't listen to some of the idiots on here... they're just plain stupid! It is a natural thing that happens and you shouldn't be embarrased about it! There are a couple of things you can do though: 1. Focus on something other than whats is happening in your pants, really focus and make it something that will deffinetley get you non-stimulated. 2. A dancers belt and tights should cover the situation but if you are still having trouble, just excuse yourself and go to the toilet if you are worried. If your teacher is strict just explain to them you had a personal problem at the end of the class, always remian polite. It is okay... just remember that and also remember that the girls are probably to focused on the class to be looking at your tights! Just take each class as it comes and set your self a thought plan to keep you out of harms way! Hope this helps you out!

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 08/08/2022 12:24:22