Priority Teaching Jobs

Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Disco - 18+
Driving test help!! en>fr fr>en
By freestylequeen Comments: 2244, member since Tue Jul 13, 2004
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 PM

hi

i have my driving test at the end of the month and i am very very nervous!! its a lot of money to do it and to fail would be awful!! does anyone have any words of wisdom for me??

this post could be useful for others in my situation!!

big congrats to all who have passed their test!!

love

chloe x x

21 Replies to Driving test help!!

re: Driving test help!! en>fr fr>en
By fairyfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2821, member since Sat Jul 05, 2003
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:43 PM
hey sweetie,
be calm and stay focused.
If it helps have a conversation with your
examiner whilst your out on the test route....
i talked about dancing on mine lol
you will do just fine.
How long have you been having lessons for??

loadsa love lala xx
By dancewivattitudemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 718, member since Tue Aug 23, 2005
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 02:08 PM
Hey,

I failed my test the first time and at first I was really annoyed but then on my second test I passed with flying colours so I felt better!

For me it was the confidence. In my first test I was shaking like a leaf and so nervous!

Just be positive :) Good Luck !

Jade xxx
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 02:43 PM
thank you girls!!

ive been doing lessons for about a year...ididnt think it would take so long but apparently you need to have so many hours of lessons or something??

did you pass your theory 1st time?

chloe xx
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 02:54 PM
You just got to try and hold your nerve, try and think of it as a normal lesson.
You must know what to do or else your instructor wouldnt put you in for your test, its just a case of you getting it right on the day. and remember you are allowed a certain amount of small mistakes, so if you make a few small mistakes dont stress about it too much because that doesnt necessarily mean you will fail!
I failed my first test for approaching a junction too fast (which apparantly is a serious fault lol oh well!)
Its in your hands, I hope you pull it off!
Good luck
Ruth
xxx
By lauraandlouisemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1683, member since Fri May 06, 2005
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 03:30 PM
Hiya Hunny dont worry as long as you stay calm and concentrate you will be fine.

I passed both my theory and test 1st time and was very surprised but over the moon.although was very nervous.as long as you listen to the instructions the exmaniner gives you and remember to check your mirrors aswel lol and this is little things the examiner checks for.

you can also ask for your driving instructor to sit in the back while you have your test as some find it easier.Or if you are really nervous try taking some calms

Hope you pass hun its a great feeling i love it and drive everywhere.good luck :)

Love Laura
xxxx
By lundsay_lindzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3760, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 AM
Heyy
dont have other things occupying your mind
just think about what you need to do
dont worry about what you've already done
Relax but have confidence in yourself
Love Lindz
XxXxX
By disco_joe_magicmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1333, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 PM
someone told me you have to eat a banana just before you test it as somthing in it that calms you nerves..
or if your really nervous go discuss with your doctor,
he can help too..
good luck
just try not to worry
easier said than done i know
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 08:45 AM
thank you everybody!!
I really like the bananna idea!!

chloe x
By pinkdancer14sis Comments: 954, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 09:11 AM
I took Bach rescue remedy before my test to calm my nerves. xxx
By catherinetall Comments: 11, member since Tue Nov 18, 2008
On Mon Jan 12, 2009 09:16 AM
Hi

the best thing to do is not to panic... remember the test person is there to help you pass not to make you fail!!!

remember eerything your instructor has told you re looking in your mirrors and being hesitant

1 word of advice dont stop at a round about if nothing is coming keep looking whilst approaching... i failed on that

good luck im sure u will be fine x
By BLINGBOUTIQUE Comments: 707, member since Sun Feb 24, 2008
On Wed Jan 14, 2009 09:24 PM
hiya

my best advise would be to drive with confidence i know that is easier said than done. i made a few mistakes on my driving test i stopped in a keep clear box near the beginning of my test and thought i had failed so i just drove the rest of the route with no pressure i just drove like i would with my instructer. i couldnt believe it when he said i had passed.

keep us posted and good luck

zoe x
By AIMEE1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2045, member since Mon May 30, 2005
On Thu Jan 15, 2009 02:00 AM
You can't do as bad as me! I took 2 theory tests and 5 practical tests!! I had a really pants driving instructor though and he put me in for my tests before I was ready. I sacked him in the end and used my dad instead. I actually passed my test in my own car.

All I can say is, you need to be confident but not cocky. Just stay calm and focus and try not to worry too much about the other cars around. I agree with talking to your examiner, it helped calm my nerves. The examiner that passed me had already failed me twice before. He actually told me afterwards how pleased he was that I had finally passed and how he was routing for me this time. LOL!

Aimee x
By keels89 Comments: 390, member since Mon Apr 12, 2004
On Thu Jan 15, 2009 07:23 AM
Hey!
I passed my driving test the 2nd time...i was at the bottom of the test centre road when i did my mistake & was two minutes away :( This really knocked my confidence & i didnt realy wnt to do it again!
My driving instructor was really good and got me motivated to try again! Usualy you have an hour lesson before your exam & i think this helps lotss! Make sure you go through all your monovers!
If your stuck on anything make sure you tell your instructor waay bfor your test! I used to get scared on roundabouts & thats what failed me...if id av told her & refreshd myself that day i might not have failed!
It took me 4 theorys eeek!!
On my 2nd test i chewed chewing gum for the whole test...that kept me really calm!
Good Luck Hunnii
Keeley xxx
On Fri Jan 16, 2009 08:08 AM
thank you guys!!xx

do you think it matters if it takes you more that 1 time to pass?or does that help??because you no what to expect?
By discoCLARE1 Comments: 156, member since Wed Apr 20, 2005
On Fri Jan 16, 2009 06:16 PM
heya
i passed me theory 3rd time and test 2nd time
dont worry if you dont pass 1st time thats when you can see where your going wrong and put it right 2nd time. just dont panick or rush anything.
the mistakes i always made was rushing if i did something wrong, so if you do feel you have done something wrong take a deep breath and correct it if possible. but 2 things youve got to remember always check your mirrors when signaling etc and check your shoulder before you pull away thats what i didnt do 1st time round aswell.
hope this advice helps
good luck
xx
On Sat Jan 17, 2009 06:57 AM
did anyone have an instructor who had like no faith in you or you just didnt like??because I think you will have a better chance o passing if you have an instructor you get along with!

xx
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 2809, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sat Jan 17, 2009 07:29 AM
1. Enough sleep and no caffein.
2. Allow plenty of time. You'll want a proper meal with milk and a B-complex tab before leaving home, and you'll want to arrive early to complete step 3.
3. This step is to ensure that you have your attention on the whole situation, not fixated on a part of it. Ideally you should register first, then complete this step while you are waiting, but some motor vehicle departments are not set up to allow this. In any event, get in the driver's seat and re-familiarize yourself with the instruments and interior. Then get out and re-familiarize yourself with the entire car, then the nearby surroundings, and finally the entire area. Do this until your attention is way out.
4. Then take the test or tests.
5. Let us know how you fare.
By sammyjo Comments: 4543, member since Mon Dec 29, 2003
On Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 AM
hey
i passed my theory first time with full marks! :D NERD alert haha i made sure i revised so well before taking it- the test is easy if you revise enough in advance
I also passed my test first time with only 3 minors

my sister has failed her test twice now, her 2nd one today!

so through my experiences my tips are:

Make sure you know the test route area very very well, this helps you be familar wit lanes, roads, hidden corners and junctions

make sure you know which lanes your supposed to be in when approaching round-a-bouts

make sure you move your head when looking in your mirrors! if you just use your eyes the examiner may not know you have done it

have a lesson directly before this helps you re-familiarise yourself with the car and driving

Practice, Practice, Practice and stay calm :D

and its not the end of the world if you fail :D

good luck

sammy jo xxx
On Fri Jan 23, 2009 09:05 AM
i failed :(

but ive put in for it again!!! I now have so much more confidence now than i had before!
By HellcatAngel Comments: 27, member since Mon Jan 12, 2009
On Fri Jan 23, 2009 09:09 AM
Staying clam is the key it's easy to say and hard to do but try your best and good luck

Mags
By FUSION_KirstyGxomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1351, member since Sat Aug 28, 2004
On Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 AM
Hiya
I just passed my driving test today!!! :D :D
So i thought i would help you for your next test :)

Before my test i got up early, in order to wake myself up properly & because i dont ever eat breakfast a friend of mine told me to drink lucozade & eat a banana as it would calm my nerves and i would have something in my tummy. Beleive it or not it really worked lol! I wasnt nervous at all :D

I had a lesson before my test to familiarize myself with what i was doing which really helped.
During your test you have to try your very hardest to stay 100% concentrated & alert as you only get one chance lol. Try not to be nervous as the examiner is there to help you pass not to help you fail lol! :)

Very best of luck & hope you pass :D

Love Kirsty xxxx

ReplySendWatch