Forum: Advice / Emergency

Writing a Descriptive Essay about being Onstage (Due Thursday)
By DancerChickEmmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:51 AM

So I'm writing an essay in my AP English class about being onstage at a dance competition and I'm using each of the 5 senses to describe what it's like. I haven't been to a competition since last May, so I need help coming up with examples of what you see, hear, smell, taste, and touch/feel while you're performing onstage. I have things such as seeing the bright stage lights, hearing your heart beating rapidly, smelling tons of hairspray..things like that. If anyone has more examples i'd love to hear them!

7 Replies to Writing a Descriptive Essay about being Onstage (Due Thursday)

re: Writing a Descriptive Essay about being Onstage (Due Thursday)
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 AM
Heat. Every performance I've ever been at, the lights have been HOT.

The crunchy, grinding sound of the resin box when the dancers on pointe are getting ready to go on.

The sound of people taking deep breaths and counting the tricky parts of their routines under their breath before they go on.

Any of those any good?
By DancerChickEmmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 28, 2009 09:01 AM
I really like the last example! Thanks for the help! :)

Comment #10251106 deleted

By LydiaTurner
On Thu Mar 05, 2020 03:05 AM
This is a very interesting topic for an essay. I would be very interested in reading what you would write in the end. When I was writing an essay for my college art class, I used the help of studydriver.com . . . where I found the example I needed. I was writing a gender roles essay where the main idea is about women's role in art. I concluded that women are not given enough credit for their merits in art. My topic, of course, is different from yours, but I think that it has some similarities.
By Cewklo
On Thu Mar 26, 2020 01:53 PM
I have never seen such an essay topic. I love dancing, but this question is confusing to me. I think it is not difficult for a creative person to write a wonderful essay. And if you still have difficulties with this, like me. Then do not worry, this is not the most important thing in life.
By DastinMars
On Tue Apr 14, 2020 06:01 AM
Dance Universe is n interesting area to discover and more interesting to write about. But it is always annoying to search for sources of quality texts and to analyze them. Better save that time for dace yourself. And if we are talking about writing the coolest essay, there are legitwritingservices.com with quite prices from $9. Now you can forget about the annoying part of writing.
By KateNill
On Wed Oct 21, 2020 04:23 AM
Edited by KateNill (351445) on 2020-10-21 04:24:16
Have no idea how to cope with your Write paper for me ? Go to this platform and find an answer.
By martinez1
On Wed Jan 20, 2021 06:30 AM
Thanks to the author for writing the post, it was quite necessary for me and liked it. I wrote a note on the ukbestessays.org about this. I will be happy if you read it and accept it. Thank you for your concern.
By samanthaellis
On Fri Jan 22, 2021 06:04 AM
Edited by samanthaellis (359184) on 2021-01-22 06:06:00
Writing a disciplinary essay will improve the possibility of having the highest expectations in your test, and also help you have a sort of writing on your training trip to get pocket money, so you are busy offering service in this scenario so that you can use the professional law essay help from the master of writing.
By CarmenJs
On Thu Feb 11, 2021 05:02 AM
Trust me, mate, writing an essay is a hard a long process. You should use reviews of writing services like grademiners.com review of some other reviews of paper writing services. Check all the information a couple of times before you make an order.
By Pawi77
On Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:01 PM
Edited by Pawi77 (361909) on 2021-02-27 12:01:53
Hey there! Recently, I found a truly cool writing service www.wiseessays.com Wise Essays has a professional team of writers that have Masters or PhDs with years of experience in their fields. I was really delighted with their pricing policy and exciting discounts. All writers provide top-quality writing services in various areas, regardless of how large or complicated they may be. Personally, I've been using it already twice and am totally satisfied with the results!

ReplySendWatch