Edited by Xx_Amber_xX (187502) on 2009-02-01 09:56:49

Hi

HOW MUCH HOMEWORK DO GET?

I get a 4 hour ISA (normally a eassay)

30mins math

30 mins fench

I a in Y8

Amber xxx

41 Replies to How much homework do you get a week?

re: How much homework do you get a week?
By TeenDancer16member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 01:26 PM
If I were to actually DO all my homework, it would be more than 6 hours a week. A set of chemistry questions could take me 40 min to an hour. So multiply 3 subjects x 30 min each x 5 days a week = 7.5 hours on average.
If there's an essay or assignment due I could spend 5 or 6 hours in one night, and there always seems to be something due.
And this is for grade 12, I can't imagine the college/uni work load.
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 04:45 PM
I be in collegez. I generally round about 1 hour per subject. I am only taking gen-eds so if I had actual degree worthy classes it would be more like 6 hours a day.
And, I am a slacker, so I do as minimal work as possible to get by (I am quite good at it as well, deans list, and all. I am not a good roll model haha)
By Yvonnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 06:59 PM
I go to an alternative school. We only go to school twice a week for my classes and my teachers give us homework for the other three days of school.

I'm taking four classes this quarter and I'm getting around 9 hours of homework per week.
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 07:10 PM
Actual work, as in get out a pen and pencil and have this thing graded (or at least checked), only about 3 hours. And most of that work is physics. But I spend well over 6 hours a week doing work. Ideally, I should be spending roughly 6 hours a DAY on school. But I usually put off most of my work for the weekend. But all of that consists of studying: reviewing lectures and taking DETAILED notes (most of what I take during the actual lecture is chicken scratch), doing assigned readings, and doing practice problems. Basically all the stuff I was supposed to do for my subjects in high school but easily got by without. Welcome to college.

In high school though, on average I got about 6 hours a week. Some years had more, some years had less. Middle school was about 8.
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 07:20 PM
I was about to say, basically there is no homework. Homework=busy work to professors. You are responsible for getting crap done. So mine is rewriting notes and doing assignments which you don't turn in. Which, has always kind of pissed me off
By Xx_Amber_xXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 02, 2009 01:33 AM
OMG i thougt i had loads :O

Amber x
By dancingismylove7
On Fri Feb 13, 2009 08:49 PM
90 mins a night so times that by 5
thats....450 mins which is 7 and a half hours

wow i know maths lol
By Tickles
On Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 PM
I get home and pretty much do homework til I go to bed or have ballet. And thats not including studying or anything, this is me doing the bare minimum.

Wow, I hate year 12.
By Irish_Danzer_NZmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:44 AM
I'm in Year 11 this year so I get about 2-3 hours of homework a night.. Quite a big jump from Year 10 where I was getting next to no homework.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 17, 2009 05:29 PM
I just get maths & biology realy
that only takes 30 mins
I get told too study alot this my second last year in school [5th year]
By Merfi
On Tue Feb 17, 2009 09:15 PM
I'm in Year 13 (last year of school) and according to my school, I'm supposed to get about 2.5 hours per night. However, some nights I get way more than that, and sometimes I get very little.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:56 PM
I take 19 credit hours. If you don't count dance and choir it's 14. I believe the general rule is to study for the same time your in class or is it more? So you do the math.
By danceaholic_xoxo
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 03:30 PM
I'm only in middle school, so it's not as much compared to what you guys have.

I have 2 hours of Algebra 1 Honors every night, including weekends, and usually like an hour of other subjects (like the other subjects put together make an hour)
By freestysteffmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:41 AM
I usually get id say around 10 hours of work a week xx
By ballet_rox_sox
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 PM
Depends. I'm in Year 9 and we get about 30-1hr of homework a night.
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 08:58 AM
Well I'm in uni, and we usually get one assignment for each subject. I did three subjects last term. This term I'm doing two and a placement which is 350 hours pluf three assignments and a tutorial.

I guess on average with that and re-writing notes, etc I do roughly three-four hours work most day (outside lectures) some days more some days less. Using today as an example - I was on placement for three hours, and I have spent two hours on research, and I'll do some work on an assignment later, maybe another three hours?

MOOM
By Chouplalamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 09:03 AM
I get about 4-6 hours a week.
By dancingincereal
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 06:44 PM
i generally do 2 hours of work each night, averaging to around 10 hours a week.

most of my time is spent doing my ap english homework. i often have to read a book every two weeks, write an essay, fill out a question packet, and studying for a quiz.

i also devote a lot of time to my art classes, because i have to do much of my work outside of class. i have to take photos every few days, and then i have ongoing sketchbook assignments.
By dancingmonkeyabc
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 04:37 PM
It really depends but usually about....

15-30 minutes of Math (I usually do it at home though)
0-60 minutes of History (my teacher either lays it on us or totally slacks off)
1-2 hours of Extended English (I guess that's what you get for being smart... stupid papers... haha)
10-15 minutes of Science (I find science pretty easy though so I do it pretty fast)
15-30 minutes of German (I'm not the best but I get things done when I need to)

Ya. I'm on the smart side but not a genius for sure. I hate homework though and I'm an extreme procrastinator which doesn't help when I dance every night. :/
By StylishFish
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 08:53 AM
30 hours a week. This doesn't include 20 hours of class time.

Yes, that's about 7 hours of work a day everyday. I'm a first year university student.

I love it though.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 09:06 AM
Depends on the week.

Usually for one of my classes I don't have any unless there is a test or essay. Another I just have to read 2 chapters once a week so that's about an hour and a half. And then if I have a big art project...it just depends. I probably put 15+ hours of work into my sculpture last week. If I have a drawing due that week, I'll probably put in 7+ hours just on that.
By NickfromDvaldamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 03:17 PM
I'm a freshman in high school, and I'd say it's about an hour and a half on weeknights, and usually I do about an hour on Saturday and an hour on Sunday, so about 8 hours. Not terrible, not great. It doesn't often interfere with my schedule, unless I put a paper or project off or something.
By Summer
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 07:09 PM
Mine's not bad. I'm taking 16 credits of gen ed, mostly science, so I get probably 10-15 hours per week. Could be far worse.
By girlwithghilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 08, 2009 02:14 PM
I'm a second semester senior, so no matter how I try to preempt my own slacking instincts, there seems to be an inverse relationship between the amount of homework I'm assigned and the amount of homework I actually complete.
Well, I complete all of it, but a lot of it's just BSing. Particularly in my horrible English class. Which is all the assignments call for. Yuck.

In any case, I'm guessing it'd be around 10+ hours if I added it up. I'm taking mad AP prep classes. FIFTY SEVEN DAYS LEFT!!!
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch