Poll: General / Homework Help

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: How much homework do you get a week?
By Rosiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 27, 2009 09:13 PM
I'm taking 2 AP classes and 2 honors this year, and I'm in 11th grade, in the US.

Most nights I do 4-5 hours...usually up till at least midnight doing homework. Over the weekend I do about 12 or so hours total...so that's over 30 hours a week.

And I'm taking harder classes next year...I really don't even wanna go to university, I'm so tired of not having enough sleep/never having time to do what I want. And I don't even have time for it all...I have a 4.0 weighted so I'm not going to get into any really amazing schools!

Blah I hate ''learning'' sometimes.
By punkgirl59
On Sat Mar 28, 2009 02:19 AM
I'm a junior in college and between homework and studying, I generally spend between 2-4 hours a night, so I guess on average around 20-30 hours a week. It will fluctuate depending on when things are due, big papers, midterms, etc.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By luvxx2xxdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 01:52 PM
I'm going to be a Sophomore in HS but when I was a Freshman, I didn't really get a lot of homework. Maybe like 3 hours a week!! But it depends on whats due that week. =]
By novicedancer1991member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 19, 2009 05:57 PM
In the three weeks I've been in college, I think I've had an average of about three hours of homework a week. Of course it'll get to be more later!
By MJeanette
On Sat Sep 19, 2009 06:15 PM
In a whole week, definitely over six hours. Today, I've already spent probably about three or four hours on homework, and need to do a couple more hours this evening. On weekdays, I do as much as I have time for, about 3-4 hours most days. (All late at night, because classes and workstudy keep me pretty busy) That adds up to maybe about 20-25 hours a week. But I'm kind of slow, especially in my French homework (Which accounts for most of that time) that same ammount of homework would probably take most people less than half that ammount of time.
By alicelovestodacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 28, 2009 03:01 PM
im in yr11 (last year) and to be honest i thnk we get to much homework- the workload is so much more than it was in year 10 "/
By luvxx2xxdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 05:16 PM
Now being a Sophomore in highschool it really depends. It ranges from none to maybe 3+ hours a night.
By xodncnblondi13member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 06:57 PM
Last year, my junior year in high school I was getting 3-4 hours a night. I took an Anatomy class that was my favorite class ever but I spent 1-2 a night at least doing homework and before the test I would spend 5-6 or more hours reviewing the chapter.

This year I'm a senior and took easier classes. And I do my homework during lunch and during other classes so I very rarely take much home.
By medalgirl_11member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 08:15 PM
I'm in grade 9, and I get between 2-3 hours a week.. though it depends. My teachers are pretty reasonable, so not much of it is busywork, which is nice. I also do work in other classes and during lunch and breaks, so I guess it's higher if you count those.
By taproxmysox
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 08:29 PM
for some reason in 8th grade, I havent had a lot of homework and in 7th, I had sooooo much. odd but thats kk with me!!!
By RattyPattymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:31 PM
I generally always have 17+ hours. I'm a junior in high school, but I go to a math and science boarding school, so it's more like college. I believe I'm taking a 22 hour college course workload. It's pretty intense, but I love it! :D
By Emileigh
On Wed Dec 30, 2009 05:15 PM
Just my Math and Physics homework can take me to well over 6 hours. Then there is Chemistry (1-2 hours) and Biology (which is at least 3 hours a week).

Crikey. Thats more than I thought I got.
By slip_jig_chick
On Sat Jan 16, 2010 08:41 AM
All week... I have TONS of homework (for a 5th grader) I said 5-6 hours, but that's on average. I normally get-

-4 pages of spelling (as. Mon, due Fri.)
-a page or two of english (due next day)
-2 or 3 of spanish (as. sometime, due 3 days later)
-a page or two of math (due next day)
-sometimes a page or two of SS (due next day)
-4+ pages of vocabulary (as. Mon, due Fri.)
-a page or two of science, maybe even a project (page- due next day, project- I have weeks to do it.)

Yep! That's my homework! But I'm too smart for it! I'm a very slow writer, though, so that takes me a few extra hours.
By dncrgirl825member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 16, 2010 09:08 AM
I am in 8th grade and get:

1 hour math/night
1 hour english/ night
45 minutes history/night
usually no science
and 15 min spanish / night

So 3 hours a night plus weekends is about 18 hours a week :( not including studying.
It's hard to do with dance and piano! oh well, I am getting through the year...
By Disco_Babe_05member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 17, 2010 07:30 AM
Hiya

I get homework mostly every night :( Its usually due for the next time I am in that class.
Usually about 30 mins - an hour of each subject sometimes more

Joanne xox
By Caulfieldmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:54 PM
Edited by Caulfield (215826) on 2010-01-22 23:56:05
When I was in high school, I was averaging about 4 to 5 hours of homework a night. I can thank the good old International Baccalaureate Programme for that. >.< If I had an upcoming physics lab or some sort of internal assessment, it would oftentimes be more than that. I could spend entire weekends just hashing out calculations. It was awful.

Now that I'm in university, I don't really get much "homework." My work mostly just consists of me reading my textbooks, doing practice problems for math and science courses, and doing the occassional assignment or lab when they pop up. I have to say, it's far less stressful!
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 27, 2010 09:18 PM
Wow, I can't believe some of you get so little homework. I'm in HS, and you get alot of assignments, worksheets and tests. In the time right before reports are due you have mega amount sof thing due/tests to take. It definately avarages to well over 6 hrs a week. Some weeks I'll spend like 20 hrs on assingments alone.

My main homework is maths, we normally get a set of questions out of the textbook to do. Then English, because you have to write stories, essyas etc., then science because you get alot of sheets to fill out for homework. History and Geography you get alot of assignment/test but not much general homework. I occasionally have little bits of French and Elective History. Commerce normally has no homework except for the assignments/tests. PDHPE have tests and homework but noone does anything for it.

According to my school at the start of HS you would be getting minimum 6 hrs a week increasing to a minimum 15 hours a week towards the end of HS. (All with the stipulation that at exam times you should do more.)
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch