Forum: Adults / Dance Therapy

Dance Therapy
Can you combine nursing and dance therapy?
By KeepOnSinginPremium member Comments: 12372, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Tue Feb 10, 2009 06:51 PM

So, I really want to be a nurse, but being a dance therapist would be uber cool too...Is there any way you can combine the two into one profession? Possibly? Thanks.

2 Replies to Can you combine nursing and dance therapy?

re: Can you combine nursing and dance therapy?
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Sat Mar 14, 2009 09:36 PM
I'm thinking that it's possible to major in Nursing.. thing is, I would think that Nursing would be a career that would take about 110% of your time.. Nurses have a pretty strenuous training schedule.. and there are the practicums.. and, there are the reams of reading that needs to be done.

If you wanted to do dance therapy.. my best suggestion would be to google it... I've typed in "Dance therapy:

Dance therapy schools:
www.google.com . . .+

dance therapy major:
www.google.com . . .

Dance Therapy Assn:
www.google.com . . .

Hope these help!

Shadow.
re: Can you combine nursing and dance therapy?
By Princess_Polly Comments: 21, member since Sat Jan 31, 2004
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 02:11 PM
I'm studying to be a dance movement therapist and there a quite a few people on my course who are already qualified nurses. I think you would maybe have to train as either a nurse or a dance movement thearpist first and then do the other qualification after as there is alot of work involved in both becoming a dance movent therapist and a nurse. But the two professions work really well together, as eveidence by the number of nurses who are on my course. good luck with everything!

ReplySendWatch