Poll: General / Jazz / Lyrical

Which song would YOU rather see a dance to? (cross-posted)
By molliegymmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 PM

So I'm applying to choreograph a dance for my school's spring dance concert, and I'm wondering what song you guys would rather see a dance too. Whichever song I pick, it'll probably be a lyrical/jazz dance.

This year, not everyone who wants to choreograph a dance will be able to- more potential choreographers than there are spots. I really want to be chosen as a choreographer- especially since it looks like I won't be able to perform in my studio's recital (it's probably the same day as my high school graduation!) so I want to make sure that I choose a good song.

There have been a lot of interesting dances in the past few years- a really big variety. Most of the people watching the performance will be students at my school who are not dancers (so things like "is this overused in competition?" are completely irrelevant). The general consensus among non-dancer students is that it's more enjoyable when the songs are ones that they recognize.

So, out of the following, which song would you rather see a dance to? Which, do you think, would lend itself to the best choreography?
-"Decode" by Paramore (www.youtube.com . . .)
-"Viva La Vida" by Coldplay (www.youtube.com . . .)
-"One Thing" by Finger Eleven (www.youtube.com . . .)
-"Love Remains The Same" by Gavin Rossdale (www.youtube.com . . .)
-"Heaven" by Angels & Airwaves (www.youtube.com . . .)- I wouldn't use the full version, I would use an edited version that basically cuts out some of the un-neccessarily long instrumentals
-"Meant To Live" by Switchfoot (www.youtube.com . . .)
-"Anxiety" by Good Charlotte" (www.youtube.com . . .)
-"Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin (www.youtube.com . . .)- For the sake of time, I would edit it to ~5 minutes or less

5 Replies to Which song would YOU rather see a dance to? (cross-posted)

re: Which song would YOU rather see a dance to? (cross-posted)
By dancetoexpressmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 25, 2009 04:30 PM
You have some amazing songs there that I , myself, have considered for choregraphing. It is definitely between Coldplay and Gavin Rossdale. Let us know if you get picked and what song you choose!
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 PM
I ended up choosing "Decode", but sadly I didn't get picked to actually choreograph :(
By dancetoexpressmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 08:02 PM
I like that song!

Sorry you didn't get picked. =/

Did you choregraph the song anyways?
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 08:45 PM
I choreographed parts of it... bits and pieces.
By DiamondDancerH11
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:42 PM
Definitely "Stairway To Heaven," it is one of my favorite songs.

ReplySendWatch