Popular Ballet

Is 10 too young to get en pointe? by T_spoon
Hello! I am just-turned-ten and my teachers recently put me en pointe. I was looking for some other...

Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Disco - 18+
Jade Goody en>fr fr>en
By IconDanceAcademy Comments: 1302, member since Wed Jun 27, 2007
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 08:17 AM
Edited by cassierayner (181757) on 2009-02-14 08:18:51

Hi,

Just heard that Jade Goody has now been given just months to live.

It breaks my heart to think of anybody being told this news, particularly someone with 2 small boys, who are not able to comprehend the hell their mother is going through. It must break Jade's heart to know she is not going to live to see her boys grow into young men. :(

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and anguish that poor Jade is going through. She has had a really tough life, and I hope she proves the doctors wrong.

Keep fighting Jade!

What are your opinions?

Love Cassie x

26 Replies to Jade Goody

re: Jade Goody en>fr fr>en
By butterflydancer Comments: 2378, member since Tue Feb 25, 2003
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 08:24 AM
hi,
i think this story is so sad them 2 boys not going to have a mummy to look after them just wish there was something someone could do for her
beckyx
By liddy3member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2522, member since Mon May 14, 2007
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 08:24 AM
It is terrible new's you just don't know what you would do in that situation,
i have two childre and to see them everyday knowing you have just month's to live it must be heart renching for her,
my thought's go out to her !!!
and hope i never have to go throught any of that x

x toni x
By PURE_Angii08member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6670, member since Sun Mar 23, 2008
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 08:29 AM
Poor Jade x
My heart goes out to her and her family God only knows what she must be going through.
I cant even begin to imagine the pain of having to prepare her young children for her passing.
Such a young life to be lossed to such a cruel illness.

My prayers go out to Jade and her family x

I know I will now go for my checkup as it over 2 years overdue already I hope this opens more peoples eyes to the need of a simple test x

Angie x
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 09:48 AM
It just breaks my heart!
You know before any of this Jade Goody annoyed the living daylights out of me, I suppose with her being famous you sort of forget that she is, in fact, a real person with a real life and very real problems!
I've been routing for her all the way, its just devastating how things are turning out. A complete nightmare!
When she was first diagnosed, I was about 9 months overdue for my smear. I never thought anything of it before then because we are all very good at taking the naive approach and thinking it wont happen to ourselves! But anyway, I have a four year old daughter and thought, 'come on Ruth, dont be so bloody irresponsible and just get the test done and out the way!'. So I did and boy am I glad!! Turns out I had severe dyskarosis (pre cancerous cells)!!
Got booked in to the gynacologist a few weeks later for treatment, which wasnt pleasant to say the least, but had about five or six injections of anestetic in my cervix so I felt no pain, which was a blessing!
Im due my follow up check next month, so fingers crossed there are no more!!!
I have to say its frightened the life out of me, and if it wasnt for the fact I have Kaci, I think Id feel a lot braver. Because I ve got Kaci, the thought of leaving her behind scares me a lot more than dying itself! (If you know what I mean!)
My heart goes out to her and her little boys, I really hope she carries on fighting! Shes such a strong person and this has really opened a lot of peoples eyes to this disease.
Remember, Doctors cant help you if they dont know anythings wrong, dont leave it too late!!
My daughter is going to have it drummed in to her head from the day she can understand it, never , never miss a smear or prioritise anything above it, it take 5 mins and to put it off is just playing russian roulette with your health.

And that doesnt even cover what I think about this!
Ruth
xxx
By EvieandIslasmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3028, member since Mon Jan 30, 2006
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 PM
It makes me feel sick to think of her children growning up without their mummy :(

She is a young lady who does not deserve this, and I pray to god her children get the love and support they deserve.

Keeley x
By PrincessC Comments: 562, member since Fri Nov 28, 2008
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:43 PM
Its just so sad, I dont think that we will ever be able to imagine what she is going through, it is so important to look after yourself, I had to have treatment for abnormal cells 2 years ago and now have to have yearly check ups and I never missed a smear, we just have to count ourselves lucky.
My heart goes out to her x
By sisterdancer Comments: 1437, member since Wed Apr 20, 2005
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 02:43 PM
I just cant imagine what her and her family are going through, one of my best friends sisters died 2 years ago of cervical cancer at 31 and it was devastating, and still is for her family, It really breaks my heart for her two boys
xx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 03:25 PM
Just heard she is going to get married [think that will be great for the children really
Her press officer and close friend were on GMTV at the beginning of the week when the latest news re only having a few months broke
They said she is preparing both her boys in a way each will understand ..I really think that is great and puts her in a great light with me
I wish her all the best and would wish this new drug trial she is on works for her

Mama DD's xxx
By discole01member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1392, member since Tue Feb 06, 2007
On Mon Feb 16, 2009 01:50 AM
I agree with everybody else. It must be ripping her heart out knowing that this could be her last few months with her family!

I really hope she proves the doctors wrong and pulls through!

xx
By madsmum Comments: 1249, member since Mon Jul 14, 2008
On Mon Feb 16, 2009 03:58 AM
You cant even begin to imagine what it must be like for her.

Even though she is so ill she is still fighting to give her boys the best of everything when shes gone!!

I went to my overdue appointment 2 wks ago, since the story broke. The nurse said the amount of people who have been for overdue tests was unbelieveable.

So this story has opened so many peoples eyes. Just think how many people she may have saved!!!!

SHE IS SO BRAVE..X

carly x
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4197, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Mon Feb 16, 2009 06:33 AM
That is so sad. It must happen a lot, we are obviously aware of this case because she is a public figure. I hate to think of anyone in this situation, it is horrible.

I am disappointed that they are now not offering smear tests to women under 25, as it used to be 20. I noticed that I was not sent a letter for my second smear and I think it was because I was 23 and they had changed the laws. I phoned the doctors and made an appointment. I remember reading an article in a magazine about a girl who was not allowed a smear apparantly because she was not old enough or something, they didn't feel she needed one. She was then dying of cervical cancer!
Girls, don't be scared of smear tests, make sure you have one if you ae able to - it literally just takes a couple of minutes and could save your life.
By dancewivattitudemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 718, member since Tue Aug 23, 2005
On Tue Feb 17, 2009 02:26 PM
Hey,

My heart really goes out to Jade and her two boys what an awful thing to have to live with.

^ I think its horrendous that we have to wait until were that old to have a test. I read that story and it scared me so much
The only reason Jade can't be cured is because they didn't diagnose her cancer for three years!

I would have a smear test tommorrow and im only 18, I just hope they change the law before its too late for other girls.

But lucky for me were all having that HPV jab which is supposed to prevent cervical cancer. Has anyone else had that? It hurts so much but definately worth it.

Thoughts with Jade and her family at this time
Jade xxx
By IconDanceAcademy Comments: 1302, member since Wed Jun 27, 2007
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 03:48 AM
^^^ I am also quite anxious to have a smear test. I think 25 is way too old to get your first smear test. Especially when women so young are dying from cervical cancer. Surely they need to lower the age to prevent this?

Cassie x
By LittledancerJessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1892, member since Tue Nov 25, 2008
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 04:11 AM
I agree Cassie in my opinion smear tests should be done well before 25, Im 32 now and when I was younger they were done earlier, my first test was about 18 or 19 by 25 I was under the care of the hospital having treatment for abnormal cells not cancerous ones thankfully and it seems crazy that women are now having to wait until 25 for tests, I personally feel this in itself is putting young women at risk and cant for the life of me understand why they have increased it to this age.

Smear tests are so simple and take a matter of seconds to do, they dont hurt and I really feel from late teens smear tests should be available.

Jade Goody has been amazingly brave for allowing the public to follow her at one of the most private and difficult times in her life, she has prevented many others from going through this by encouraging woman to go and get the test done, I for one hold my hand up and admit mine was well over due, I am on yearly smears due to the problems earlier but it had been 3 yrs since my last however on hearing how bad things I got for Jade I realised how stupid I was being and went for the test.
Jade should be proud of what she has done for others.

It is totally devastating how quickly the cancer has taken over her body, its heartbreaking that her two little boys are going to grow up without their mummy. There really are no words to describe how upsetting it is.

My heart goes out to her and her family

Zoe
x
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4197, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 AM
^^The age to get your first smear test used to be 20. I don't know why they increased it to 25. I do think it is good that they are giving the HPV vaccine to younger girls now though. I guess they found that women under 25 were showing little signs of problems so decided that prevention is better than cure. I still think that women should be able to have a smear test if they want one, regardless of age. I do think that is why I didn't get a letter for my second smear, as the law had changed so they didn't bother - how cheeky!
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15165, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:54 AM
Just wanted to point out that the vaccine doesn't completely prevent cervical cancer...I think it vaccinates you against 2-4 strains of cervical cancer which are the most common, but it's not a 100% you can't get cervical cancer kind of thing. Which is why it's important to get smears. I can't believe they have people wait until 25 to get their first...will health care not cover it to go earlier? I got my first at 18 and have continued to go once a year like my doctors say I should.

Cancer sucks...it really does.
By LittledancerJessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1892, member since Tue Nov 25, 2008
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 AM
My first test was before 20 as I'd had one done before having my kids and I had them at 19
By freestylequeen Comments: 2244, member since Tue Jul 13, 2004
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:57 AM
She is so young too, it just shows it can happen to anyone at any age. Maybe there will be a greater awareness of the disese because of this. I hope her wedding on sunday goes really well for her, she deserves it.

thinking of jade and her poor family xox
By sammyjo Comments: 4543, member since Mon Dec 29, 2003
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 AM
Its awful
no one this young should be told they only have a matter of time to live
its so sad to even think about :(
sammy jo xxx
re: Jade Goody (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By dance365 Comments: 169, member since Sun Jan 21, 2007
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 01:20 PM
Edited by dance365 (172680) on 2009-02-22 13:21:08
Some reports I've seen have said she had symptoms several years ago but was refused a smear test because she was under 25 at the time. In any case, 95% of cervical cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which in theory means anyone can develop it, whether or not they're sexually active. The NHS are just doing what "the evidence" shows to be most cost-effective:

www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk . . .

There's a petition here to reduce the age from 25 to 16 for smear tests:

petitions.number10.gov.uk . . .
By kelpaulmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 158, member since Fri Oct 19, 2007
On Thu Mar 12, 2009 05:35 AM
it upsets me everytime i think about what that poor women and her family will have to go through,and to think what she came from and what shes acheived now and then to have this cruel turn of fate is beyond comprehension.
i think there will not b a dry eye amongst women in this country when jade dies i just hope her boys will b ok.
and if the age of smears gets lowerd then jade has done her bit.
By babydoll4 Comments: 602, member since Mon Mar 31, 2008
On Fri Mar 13, 2009 05:40 PM
Looked out of the window the other day and thought not another bloody rainy day, then, don't know why, thought of Jade and thought she could be looking out of her hospital window thinking is this my last rainy day. Got to make the most of every day come rain or shine, Jade is such a brave soul and I'm very proud of her, not that I ever thought I would be, but she has shown herself to be a really brave strong young lady even against the worst of situations. God bless her and her family, I think she's been a real inspiration to young women and a total wonderful mum to her boys just sad it takes this for people to see the real Jade and probably Jade to find her real self.
Feel really sad about the whole situation its just very sad.

Jackei & Abi
By dolliesmum Comments: 79, member since Tue Nov 04, 2008
On Sun Mar 15, 2009 03:43 PM
So so sad, it just puts everthing into perspective.
We should all be happy with our lot, and the fact that we are healthy, this is very humbling & thoughts & prayers are with Jade & her family.

xxxx
By STAR9 Comments: 37, member since Mon Feb 19, 2007
On Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:02 PM
I think its awful how some people are being so rude about this poor girl i've had some nasty texts about it, i think its sick how people make a laugh out of somebody elses pain!! I'm sick of people saying to me she's just doing all this in the public eye for the money. Well I would definately do the same in her position who wouldn't! She has set those 2 little boys up for a long long time and is giving them the best start in life! I say good for her!

I think its lovely how everybody replying has been so supportive, *star*
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch