Forum: General / Success Stories

Success Stories
thank you DDN for keeping me sane
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2579, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 06:09 AM

I just wanted to put a post on here to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on DDN, you are all responsible in some way for helping keep me sane over the last few years :)

If any of you have read my posts in the past (or my bio) you will know that I have been dealing with several issues from past over the last few years. I was bullied pretty much all through school because of my dancing and the way I looked. People didnt get why I would rather practice dance than hang out on the streets and getting into trouble. i was seen as a goody goody as I was pretty shy. Dancing was my life and I managed to survive thanks to my friends at dance.

Then at 15 I was in a very abusive relationship for a few years. He hurt me in every way imaginable and broke what little confidence I had left. I turned in on myself and began to self destruct. I turned to alcohol and drugs and became a person I am ashamed of now. At the time I couldnt see that what I was doing was wrong and that I needed help. I hated myself and everyone around me. I had also had to leave dance due to a back injury. My life was at rock bottom.

Then I discovered DDN. It has given me a place to laugh, cry, vent and just generally a friendly supporitve place to come and share things. I tell people here things I would never tell anyone else. it is thanks to the support of DDN members that I have managed to turn my life around. I am clean and sober (well I still drink some times but nothing like before), I am now in a counselling programme. I am facing up to my past and trying to move past it. I am back in education training to be a social worker. I'm back dancing - something I'd never have the confidence to do without DDN. Also I have recently met my wonderful boyfriend and am happier than I have been in a very long time.

So thank you to all of you out there in DDN land. You truly have made a massive difference in my life. I love you all

MOOM xxx

ReplySendWatch