Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

Ballet Slipper Stocking
By babyoscar
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 09:46 AM
Edited by babyoscar (199876) on 2009-02-20 09:46:48

I am not new to this board, I just never posted before. About 2 weeks ago, I made this ballet stocking as a thank you gift. I got the pattern off the Disney site, except I made it a lot smaller so people can hang it up easier.

my stocking
img145.imageshack.us . . .

pattern
jas.familyfun.go.com . . .

5 Replies to Ballet Slipper Stocking

re: Ballet Slipper Stocking
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 07:22 PM
Very cute! My niece would like this. I will have to send this to her as I'm sure she could make this for her dance friends as Christmas gifts. You did a really good job. Thanks for the link to the site.
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 19, 2009 06:51 PM
I keep coming back to this, trying to figure out what it is that bothers me about it... It's a really cute craft, don't misunderstand me. I'm being completely nitpicky and snobby, so please, don't take offense. The basic pattern for the stocking? Makes it look like the invisible dancer isn't over her boxes, or isn't stretching through her ankle. And I know that's just because of the shape a Christmas stocking demands and all that, and that it's not meant to be an affront to anyone's sense of line, but I see it and then I see the rest of the dancer in my head and I cringe.

I'm such a dork.

It's definitely a cute, fun craft. I would have loved a stocking ilke that as a kid.
By ballet_babe_sash
On Sat Mar 28, 2009 06:33 PM
Ooooh that is sooooo cute! I might try making them for my little friends, the girls I help out, for Christmas - they would LOVE them! Thanks so much for posting, and well done, yours looks GREAT :) You should be very proud of all your work!
By pinkfishPremium member
On Sat Apr 25, 2009 03:58 AM
I love it. Very quirky. Not cliche. Great job. I would buy that.

Lirit - try looking outside the square.

Sonia
By babyoscar
On Thu May 14, 2009 06:33 PM
Edited by babyoscar (199876) on 2009-05-14 18:35:07
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I ended up reworking the stocking pattern because as Lirit said it isn't en pointe. Hope you all like the new stocking!

Image hotlink - 'http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9593/img4538.th.jpg'

I basically went online looking for someone's nice ballet feet picture and found one that worked. I couldn't use my own picture because I don't have an arch like that.

ReplySendWatch