Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5
Administrative
Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By Nicola_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2257, member since Sun Dec 21, 2003
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 AM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2009-02-20 11:26:03 tiny change...
Edited by Nicola_x (80323) on 2009-02-20 13:45:21
Edited by Nicola_x (80323) on 2009-02-20 15:58:15

The following accounts have been permanently banned from Dance.net:

FionaQ
MaggieQ
SherQ
Spins5
Heron
Shereendancer
Jdance
Mikey22
Cheer53
Nellyb
Quilietti_queen

All of these accounts have been suspected of misuse of dance.net and breaking the TOS, including holding multiple accounts.

All of these accounts were asked to salute in order to help the moderators of DDN get to the bottom of some issues regarding multiple accounts and account sharing. All accounts chose not to comply with this request.

These members still have the opportunity to appeal their bans and can salute to the DDN moderators via the following email address: Moderators@dance.net

We understand this will ruffle a lot of feathers on DDN but would like to make it clear that breaking the TOS in any way will not be tolerated. There have been many cases of members holding two accounts, creating second accounts to get round problems or to create commotion on the boards lately. This is not allowed on DDN and WILL put your account in jeopardy.

We tried to get around this problem without banning accounts, but as the members in question did not help us in doing this we have had no choice but to issue the accounts with a ban.

The Moderation Team

107 Replies to Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more

re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 1)
By DeeDeesPremium member Comments: 4147, member since Fri Jan 26, 2007
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 01:11 PM
But DDN was so much fun lately.

spoilsports.

Seriously now. Well done, MODs
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 01:23 PM
Holy Moly Batman! I recognize some of these from that big disco fiasco a few weeks ago and I remember there was alot of bans then too. I'm glad you guys really follow up on these concerns and make sure us DDNers follow the rules. Good job mods!
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By tutulessmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5351, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 01:55 PM
Gee, Nicola, take a chill pill! Honestly... you mods are so UNFAIR. Why do you always target disco dancers? Is this just some personal vendetta you are trying to run here? Some pitifully desperate attempt at getting some attention or even recognition? Well, guess what, here's a little reality check for you: IT WON'T WORK!!

Man, I am so sick and tired of this, I am seriously considering leaving this place! What would you do then?? Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Love
tutuless
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 04:11 PM
Well done Mods another lot of work you have had to do
Why cannot people be honest ?

Mama DD's xxx
By shannen6member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3538, member since Mon Mar 24, 2003
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 04:32 PM
im very sure their will be appeals against banns
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 1)
By BigQ Comments: 29, member since Mon Feb 16, 2009
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 04:41 PM
Edited by BigQ (207859) on 2009-02-20 16:44:39
Maggie fiona and sher q are teachers who would be breaching adfp rules by posting any sort of sallutes so don't expect them too I think they probibly told you that when you requested this. Also neither of them use dance net or there acounts so often as it would bother them not to have there acounts up kept. They are 3teachers who at more than one point will have used the same computer
Hardly makes for multiple acounts they surely are alowed to use the same computer
Spins 5is Megan the cousin who does not use dance net anymore and has not used it for a long time so didn't post a sallute as doesn't use dance net anymore-I bet for reasons like this nicola
Nelly is casey who buys regularl from other members on here and from her profile

has been on wihout problems for years

Nicola you did not ban these acounts these users named above wanted nothing to do with breaking adfp rules posting salutes when they are teachers and as far as I know they told you this and now you are trying to say they are banned for other reasons
They are not ,they chose not to be bullied by nicola on dance net and instead refrained from playing her nasty little games and nicola knows this
Can't speak for the other Q accounts you have banned you seem to have threatned to ban any quilietti member or teacher most have had pms from nicola lately including mr saunders and new member-teacher mandy g but let's keep all that quiet
Along with the fact you missed britney quiliettis acount -the other niece who's account would definately be linked to the teachers above and the same computer?
Also the fact that 3accounts above were derogotery acounts who slated the dance school so I bet were all glad they're banned -you've actually done us qs a favour there nicola-bet your kickng yourself now
Don't make out your banning members when they clearly told you they wanted nothing to do with your site while moderators were allowed to bullie members and would not be taking part in nicolas games!
Nice try nicola close but no cigar and quilietti queen if you done your homework-believe me you have not is a banned member linked to someone you know very well
It's very easy to see what's happenng here many Qs accounts have been threatened to b closed for stupid reasons as nicola runs her whitch hunt

Explain mandy girvans acount mandy g-told she was hiding behind a false acount also WTF what's false about that she's a well known q but hey that's why she was banned isn't it
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 4)
By Nicola_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2257, member since Sun Dec 21, 2003
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 04:59 PM
Edited by Nicola_x (80323) on 2009-02-20 17:24:12 Added a bit
^^ Could you have used my name any more in that reply?

I am one of a TEAM of moderators who keep DDN running smoothly. We discuss and make decisions together and so this is not a witch hunt nor is it me bullying members.

The accounts mentioned above ARE banned and the fact that you claim they do not want to use the site anyway is irrelevant to that. Please keep in mind that you do not have the information that we have and you cannot see what we see, so you can continue to make claims about the links between accounts but this does not tie up with our information.

The salutes could have been done privately to the moderators and this would have no bearing on their status with the ADFP, thats absolutely rubbish and I have no idea where you got that information.

You are correct that some member had pm's from me as I did not want to ban the accounts and would have preferred to sort it out, however as for bullying, I think you will find all of the pms where polite and curteous as is my style. And I have the replys (if I got any) on file and at no point did anyone inform me, clearly or otherwise, that they "wanted nothing to do with" the site. So again I dont know where your getting your information but its false I'm afraid.

Also you are correct that I missed some Q accounts, and that is because I am not out to ban every Q just the accounts that there is issue with. I could list many Q members and dancers who have not been 'threatened' to use your words, with a ban from DDN or harrassed by me. So your claims are a little off there.

So to sum up - 1) I understand your cross at these events, but please place the blame in the appropriate direction. 2) No I am not kicking myself and 3) please remember your account has also been requested to salute and you have 7 days to do so.

Nicola
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 05:04 PM
shannen6 wrote:

im very sure their will be appeals against banns

I'm certain there will. I'm also certain that people will create accounts for these banned members, which puts their own account in danger.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 06:05 PM
Disco always brings the dramz. Who wants popcorn?
By Scarletmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 952, member since Fri Apr 11, 2008
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 06:20 PM
Will that be with butter, icing sugar and chocolate syrup?
By PureTapPremium member Comments: 1082, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 06:44 PM
I thought people always had more 'manly' sort of snacks/drinks at wrestling matches, like chillie dogs and peanuts?

Should be interesting to see how some of the disco costumes stand up to a wrestling match, though (oooh, atomic wedgie *wince*)!

:D
By disco_diva_zoemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2356, member since Sat Apr 05, 2003
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 07:24 PM
Edited by disco_diva_zoe (62003) on 2009-02-20 19:27:08
wooo hooo hahahaha xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:14 PM
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2009-02-20 23:54:04 edit
Excuse me but EVERY moderator was in on this ban as was the owner. There is no witch hunt. One of the accounts we just banned has been banned TWICE for letting other people use the account or starting another account for trolling purposes and that history goes back to 2005. We have tried to get to the bottom of the multiple users for years and have accepted all sorts of silly explanations but enough is enough. There were just too many accounts springing up and many were not being used for a good purpose.

When we have enough evidence to prove to the owner that too many accounts were linked with one another and we couldn't identify the real owner we gave them all 7 - 10 days to post a valid salute either publicly or privately. It is their choice if they don't want to comply with the rules and keep their account in good standing. This isn't our fault, people with nothing to hide would have had no problem submitting the information we asked for.

I still find it fascinating that a "new" member has so much knowledge about how ddn operates and knows so many people on the site. Happy saluting.
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3199, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:15 AM
I hang around the hot tab for a little while which disco flies by constantly. So, I am nosey and read some of them.
I noticed a crazy amount of Q's popping up at one time and seem to know their way around DDN.

Personally, I can't wait to see the rebuttals. Mainly because I find it interesting to how this kind of stuff happens.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 2)
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6013, member since Wed Nov 19, 2003
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 01:25 AM
Oh DDN - we may not produce any plays, but we have the best drama team around.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 4)
By DeeDeesPremium member Comments: 4147, member since Fri Jan 26, 2007
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 02:38 AM
^Not to mention the best looking drama llamas
Image hotlink - 'http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/kamikaze_puppy/DramaLlama.jpg'
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4199, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 03:01 AM
BigQ, get over yourself.
BigQ wrote:Maggie fiona and sher q are teachers who would be breaching adfp rules by posting any sort of sallutes so don't expect them too I think they probibly told you that when you requested this.

Um, actually, I do believe that teachers within the ADFP are asked not to post on here at all, so it's not just about saluting - they shouldn't be using dance.net full stop according to the ADFP. Unless the rules have changed but that's the last I heard and why you don't see the reputable teachers replying to posts.

I think Nicola summed everything up perfectly in her mature reply to your very immature post. And you wonder why the Q's might not have a good reputation? Posts like yours show why.
By BigQ Comments: 29, member since Mon Feb 16, 2009
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 03:24 AM
Half or more of these acounts are non active and have been for years?
To say you have banned them for not posting salutes is a joke
They don't even dance anymore let alone use dance net
One of them has even had a child and moved house doesn't own a computer
You have boasted about banning un active acounts

The teachers won't salute and don't post ESP fiona as it is an adfp breach
Don't think they will mind a ban as they are not currently active members either
To say some acounts date back to 2005probibly right LOL
Try banning active acounts being used like ex wee q and yes quilietti queen

As to comment woohoo. Check all the acounts first they're not even being used to expect them to reply to pm which you stated they didn't bother replying
That's because they no longer use the site or wish to so you won't get any appeals there or credit for it
How much credit do you want for banning people who no longer come on dance net LOL
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 03:35 AM
No one was boasting or claiming credit. The purpose of the administrative board is to record administrative actions. I couldn't care less wether they were active accounts or not - the fact of the matter is they are now inactive indefinately at OUR decision not theirs.

Some of them havent been used for a while, thats correct, some have. I'm not sure where that makes a difference.

And if you check the accounts you have mentioned have been banned, so whats your point there?

You may want this to look like a witch hunt to save a reputation, but it quite clearly isn't and you can shout me down and argue the case as much as you like, but your really not helping their case at all.

There are still many active Q's on the boards and it will stay that way should they wish to. There is no issue with the Quiletti dance school or its very talented dancers - so please stop making out as if there is. No one will believe that any way as the proof to the contrary is right there for all to see.

If you are who you say you are, get on with your life and use DDN for the purpose its intended, if not whats the point in being a member?

Nicola
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 2)
By Shortgirl75member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 990, member since Thu Jul 31, 2008
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 06:39 AM

"The suspense is terrible....I hope it'll last!"

I *heart* the mods. Thank you for the work you do!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 09:38 AM
We aren't looking for credit. We are only posting the facts about why they have been banned. Simple as that. Anyone else who has a must salute and doesn't in the time given will also be banned. It's not real complicated.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 AM
Considering the Mod Squad knows far more behind the scenes than the average DDNer, I trust they have dealt with this situation in an appropriate manner. Go Mods!!

Pass the popcorn.

kk~
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:50 AM
Dear GOD BigQ, if they don't use their accounts and don't care then why are you trying to come up with some conspiracy theory with the mods?
By lundsay_lindzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3760, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 AM
I agree with pieceoftoast
you seem to be making an overly large deal over the mods doing their job.
Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch