Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3865, member since Wed Aug 17, 2005
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 PM
Image hotlink - 'http://cicff2008.org/bin/file/images/Popcorn%203.jpg'

Anyone want some?
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 2)
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Sat Feb 21, 2009 01:17 PM
Edited by ShadowLunaCat (106208) on 2009-02-21 15:08:12 maybe something relevant? May we consider all particulars...??
^^ I don't think that's enough.

I guess I'm not alone in this: BigQ, you seem to have known quite a bit.. even though you've only put up some 23 comments onto this board.. is there something you.. um, aren't telling the Mods?

BigQ Comments: 23,

I just can't seem how intriguing that you have all this guff to say, and yet.. you have only posted 23 times... How interesting.

Also, I'm quite sure that the Mods are held to a very strict code when it comes to behavior on the site. They receive quite a bit of training, and, they do NOT just ban for any reason at all; they only ban when the TOS is violated, and the TOS is available, under EVERY SINGLE reply that each and every member makes on the board.

Additionally, I would think that if any of those members who were banned have any issue with this, I would think they'd bring it to the attention of the Owner of this Board, that would seem to be the logical thing to do.

In addition, I would think that the Mods would declare in what ways Dance.net was in "error", and then, try to clarify the truth of what's going on.

Thus, to be honest, I really don't see what your role is in all of this... nor what you are trying to say ... except to make already bad things worse.

I must admit, *I'M* starting to get a bad feeling about you.. and I don't even know you.. and I feel that I'm one of the more easy-going people on this board!

I believe that this link might clear up any mis-information:

www.dance.net . . .

And, additionally,

www.dance.net . . .

And,

"Rules
This is a basic overview of the rules at Dance.net; you can find more information at SITE RULES: A Definitive Guide to DDN by BalletGurl.

1. Please do not type in netspeak. What is netspeak? tHiS iS nEtSpEaK. How r u iz netspeak. Please do not use it in posts, replies, chat, anywhere. Dance.net is an international site, many people on here do not speak English as their first language. By typing in netspeak, you’re being lazy and rude towards those that don’t understand it.
2. Karma for photos is not allowed.
3. Do not use profanity at DDN. Please do not even use it if it is partially censored (using an asterisk instead of a letter or a symbol instead of a letter is still considered cursing.)
4. Do not advertise in the general forums.
5. Posting in all capital letters is considering shouting. Please be considerate and do not shout.
6. Sharing accounts is not permitted.****
7. Keep netiquette in mind. Do not call people names, don’t insult people, don’t threaten people, etc.
8. Please do not hijack threads. If you have something off-topic to say to someone, PM them.
9. Use descriptive titles.
10. Do not starfarm.
11. Don’t bump your thread up by saying “bump.” If people have something to say, they will say it. Give other people’s post time to be on the first page as well.
12. Do not contact members for personal information."

www.dance.net . . .

And......

For what it's worth.. the last dates those aforementioned have been on this board:

Last post by FIONAQ Mon Jun 09 08

MaggieQ Sat Feb 07, 2009

sherQ -- Fri Feb 06 09

Spins5 Wed Aug 13 08

heron - Thu Oct 11, 2007

shereendancer Oct 24, 2008

Jdance Sep 14, 2003

Mikey22 Apr 05, 2006

Cheer53 Nov 09, 2007

Nellyb Jan 14, 2009

Quilietti_queen Feb 05, 2009

Plus:
www.dance.net . . .

Hmmm.

I hope that we can move on from this and grow in a positive direction... starting things off in the midst of arguments doesn't really help anyone.

Let's try this again, shall we?

5,6, 7, 8....

re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By princessamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7413, member since Sun Nov 14, 2004
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 06:22 AM
hi nicola

i do understand why some of these members have been banned, i also believe though that some did a very good job of hanging themselves over the last few weeks on certain posts and unfortunately dragging their schools name down :(

but the two im not sure about is the teachers, alot of people know fionaQ + maggieQ (and what they look like for the salute purposes) and i dont think any teacher would of let someone impersonate them on here for however long these accounts have been active so we must know surely that these two accounts are who they say they are??

i know im probabally missing something, but its been playing on my mind since i read this post :)

elle xxx
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 06:32 AM
^yes I have to agree, I cant for one minute believe Maggie and Fiona are involved in any foul play on DDN, it is completley rediculous!(sp) Dont you think they have anything better to do with their time!
I dont know,
oh well
Ruth
xxx
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6013, member since Wed Nov 19, 2003
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 06:54 AM
i know im probabally missing something, but its been playing on my mind since i read this post

Duh. You're not a moderator, you don't know what they know, etc. etc. etc. dead horse.

I'm not going to lie: I really can't understand why people are arming themselves for battle over the banning of two members who, by your own admissions, haven't been active on DDN in some time lately anyway.

Chill already.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 08:11 AM
but the two im not sure about is the teachers, alot of people know fionaQ + maggieQ (and what they look like for the salute purposes) and i dont think any teacher would of let someone impersonate them on here for however long these accounts have been active so we must know surely that these two accounts are who they say they are??

But when the other accounts link through them through IP addresses and other information we have we don't know who is using what account. How do we know if the other accounts are real people...what if it was a teacher making multiple accounts to hide behind? We aren't saying that is the story, but to clear EVERYTHING up then we needed all the related accounts we found to salute. If there is nothing to hide and someone wanted to be a member then why not salute to keep your account? We gave the teachers and owner the option to salute privately to moderators only, it wouldn't be posted etc. They chose not to do that. Most members would have done that to keep their accounts if they were interested in being members here.

I think the biggest problem is that access to a studio public computer has been abused many times and has hurt the credibility of the school and some of the people that attend there. We have banned other accounts previously for trolling that aren't mentioned here. This has been an on going problem. I can name 6 other accounts we have banned in the past that related to some of these that were recently banned. It finally became an issue that we needed to address.
By DeeDeesPremium member Comments: 4147, member since Fri Jan 26, 2007
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 08:20 AM
I think the biggest problem is that access to a studio public computer has been abused many times and has hurt the credibility of the school and some of the people that attend there. We have banned other accounts previously for trolling that aren't mentioned here. This has been an on going problem. I can name 6 other accounts we have banned in the past that related to some of these that were recently banned. It finally became an issue that we needed to address.

That is what I thought.
Maybe the teachers are unaware of the misuse of the computer and may not even know they were requested to salute.

BTW I have my DD's dance studio passwords for their website and email even the teachers own hotmail. I set it all up for them as they do not have a computer at the studio. If I wanted to I could create havoc, lol.
Not that I'm saying this is the case in this school.
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 08:37 AM
^I think the teachers have known about this in the past since in 2006 we almost did the same thing. They did know about having to salute prior to the bannings.

I can't imagine our studio computer being used by any of our students especially to access things on the internet. When so many trolling accounts come from one IP address and the logins and log offs aren't making sense we have to investigate it to keep order and protect the site.
By princessamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7413, member since Sun Nov 14, 2004
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 09:50 AM
imadanseur wrote:

But when the other accounts link through them through IP addresses and other information we have we don't know who is using what account. How do we know if the other accounts are real people...what if it was a teacher making multiple accounts to hide behind? We aren't saying that is the story, but to clear EVERYTHING up then we needed all the related accounts we found to salute. If there is nothing to hide and someone wanted to be a member then why not salute to keep your account? We gave the teachers and owner the option to salute privately to moderators only, it wouldn't be posted etc. They chose not to do that. Most members would have done that to keep their accounts if they were interested in being members here.

totally understand now :)
By Nicola_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2257, member since Sun Dec 21, 2003
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 03:22 PM
RE: Elle - thats a good question and one a few people are probably wondering so I'm glad that we had an opportunity to make that clear (well done Renae)

I saw that message on my blackberry and came into reply when I got home but I see Renae beat me too it, lol so....what she said, lol

N x
By twinguys Comments: 1805, member since Sun Sep 21, 2008
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:22 PM
Theresa wrote:

shannen6 wrote:

im very sure their will be appeals against banns

I'm certain there will. I'm also certain that people will create accounts for these banned members, which puts their own account in danger.

I find it reprehensible that this comment was made
What you are suggesting is that people will willingly break the rules without any proof of such.
It was totally uncalled for!

Karen
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3865, member since Wed Aug 17, 2005
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 PM
^You know, if it was two or three accounts that were banned, maybe it would be possible for no more accounts to be made for the banned member(s), but this many accounts? Come on, let's be realistic.
On Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:09 PM
What you are suggesting is that people will willingly break the rules without any proof of such.

Um because we have had this happen previously with a few of the accounts on here that we have banned. In fact one account we banned here has had 4 others at one time or another that we banned back in 2007.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Mon Feb 23, 2009 08:49 PM
twinguysfaetheQ wrote:

I find it reprehensible that this comment was made

Karen

Yeah and I find it hilarious that you think the mods have no proof for what they say/do. You don't know what does and doesn't go on behind the scenes of this site.
On Mon Feb 23, 2009 09:05 PM
^She thinks she does because someone told her another story and she believes that. We apparently don't really know how to do our jobs and after 10 years of running the site neither does the owner. We have absolutely no experience in fraudulent accounts therefore we should just believe the stories members make up. That will be a much better way of running the site (until a fraudulent account is attacking you personally...they I guess we are supposed to do something about it.)
By nicinoodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1283, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 PM
Edited by nicinoodle (178632) on 2009-02-25 12:15:04
ok so im confused, why are people argueing with the mods when the obviously know what they are doing lol.

also the Q's that everyone are taling about, are all the Q people related or something? because im confused lol.

pass me some popcorn! it better be toffee flavour lol!

well done mods x
By MadMooPremium member Comments: 3073, member since Fri May 19, 2006
On Wed Feb 25, 2009 01:44 PM
Oh Back off rule breakers
If it wasn,t for the Andrew and the Mods this site
would not be here for us
Well done Mods and Andrew
Just got some wood for the fire Mods as you know what happens to witch hunters lmao but do not worry found wood next to a lake!!!
If you break the rules deal with the outcome!!!
What goes around comes around, in other words it will
bite you on your bum lol.
HAPPY DANCING IT,S A HOBBY
xxxx
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 07:37 AM
And now Big Q is banned as well.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 1)
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 03:42 PM
I'm visualizing a computer at a dance studio.... and it's in the main office away from dancers. And each staff member who uses the computer must sign on individually to the system and also sign on individually to their OWN ddn account. I've never understood account sharing at all. Why does anyone even need to? Besides, who is mucking around on ddn at a dance studio - shouldn't you be DANCING or TEACHING at the dance studio? My studio is the ONLY place that I'm never on ddn. Outside of the studio, well, I'm on all the time! :)
By nicinoodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1283, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Sat Feb 28, 2009 07:08 AM
Edited by nicinoodle (178632) on 2009-02-28 07:08:55
dont you just love the drama on DDN lol x
By twinguys Comments: 1805, member since Sun Sep 21, 2008
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 07:58 PM
PieceofToast wrote:

twinguysfaetheQ wrote:

Yeah and I find it hilarious that you think the mods have no proof for what they say/do. You don't know what does and doesn't go on behind the scenes of this site.

Oh dear piece of nonsence (sorry toast)
It seems you cant understand plain English
I said that the mods couldnt suggest that people would make accounts for banned members Doh!
That kind of comment does require proof or its heresay (double doh!!!!)
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 08:25 PM
Again, like I said, I have nothing to say to you. The mods know more about the background of this site than you do. It doesn't require proof to say something like that. It's none of your business how the mods know what they know.

Give it a rest.
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 08:58 PM
I said that the mods couldnt suggest that people would make accounts for banned members Doh!
That kind of comment does require proof or its heresay (double doh!!!!)

It has already happened and people have gotten their regular accounts banned for making a second account or letting a banned member use their account! DOH DOH DOH!!!
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 6)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 PM
Trust me - POT can NOT understand plain English. As a small child, she was kidnapped by Russian terrorists. When she was five, they moved her to Indonesia where she made a living by mending fishing nets and selling her body to Chinese sailors for a quarter. After a few years, she escaped to Vancouver, but by then, she had developed quite a meth habit. By the time she turned 15, she had 7 children - each with a different father. That's when I met her. That's when I made her my child bride. And I loved her 7 bastard children as if they were my own. I did. We had many more children over the years... Qui-qui, Ziti, Fellaysha... Puddin', Rolex, and Escalade... I loved all the childrens I had with POT. But she never did understand plain English.
On Mon Mar 02, 2009 05:51 AM
^It's true. But what you forget is that 4 out of those 7 bastard kids were yours.
Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch