Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By QueensJennmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1278, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:24 PM
I'm thinking it's either Quilly-etty or Quill-yeti, but I could be wrong /shrug.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:36 PM
So are we still playing hot potato' grenade crotch or not? I need to know.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 2)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Thu Mar 05, 2009 02:37 AM
I'd say Killetti. Poor etti.

It wouldn't be qwee-, because it's clearly Spanish or Italian or something and they don't treat Qs the way we do. The British love to Q.
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Thu Mar 05, 2009 03:35 AM
Edited by Snuffy (189942) on 2009-03-05 04:36:29 I'm stupid, I think!
^^Ki-letty?

Argh, what am I doing on this thread anyway? *runs away*

*Edit* Wow, this is messing with my mind. I mustn't have noticed that there was a 4th page when I posted this reply. LOL! So yes, apparently I agree with the above posters on the pronunciation. :)
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Thu Mar 05, 2009 07:00 AM
I always pronounced it quil-let-e but I looked at it again and I see there is an extra "i" in there I wasn't saying. I'll just stick with everyone else and call them the Q's.
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4726, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Thu Mar 05, 2009 08:34 AM
God, people, when is this childish arguing and highjacking the thread ever going to stop? Can't we stick to the oiginal post? It's been said again and again, these members broke DDN rules, and thus deserve the appropriate punishment. Can't we just accept it and leave it at that, instead of majorly highjacking the thread?
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Thu Mar 05, 2009 08:46 AM
It's hijacking, by the way.

The past few messages have been pretty friendly I would have said, and have been so for about a day. I guess they're off-topic (or are they? We're talking about the pronunciation of the school in question), but unless Twin rocks up again, no-one's arguing.

Not much call for you to wade in all guns blazing then really, was there?

Might want to look at the timescales involved in future so you can ascertain whether an argument is ongoing or has drifted.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Thu Mar 05, 2009 07:34 PM
I just think this thread is funny.

People take the internet way too seriously.
By cdtwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1924, member since Wed Jul 28, 2004
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 05:19 AM
You lot are as mad as a bag of fish! ROTFPMSL!!!

panic wrote:

So are we still playing hot potato' grenade crotch or not?

What kinda games do you think is being played here!!! Catch - completely different game! :P

The banned was justified - end of!

LOL

Emma x
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 06:02 AM
^ What?
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 06:25 AM
Yeah I don't get it???? Maybe I'm just that out of the loop?
By cdtwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1924, member since Wed Jul 28, 2004
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 06:32 AM
^ Maybe it's an English thing - but crotch is something else entirely!
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 06:38 AM
^ It's not an English thing, and I'm pretty sure panic is fully aware of what it means.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 1)
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 06:48 AM
Whoah - talk about turn on the outsider!! The original comment was made in jest - was asked to explain it - so did and then got slapped for it!

*Shrugs*

So glad I popped in to say hi and broaden my horizons
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4199, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 08:34 AM
^I understood your comment perfectly cdtwins.
It was quite clearly a continuation of panic's earlier joke.
Yes, that's it, a joke! lol :)
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 08:35 AM
^I don't think anyone slapped for anything...she was just stating something. Remember, it's not always easy to read someone's tone through the internet. You might read something one way and they meant it another...just as someone might read your post one way and take it one way but you didn't mean for it to be read that way.
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:21 AM
For the record, "Foghead" aka "Congestion head" aka ShadowLunaCat wrote,
"Do you want to continue playing "'hot potato' grenade catch", or, do you want to get down and discuss some die-hard dance stuff?

Jus' my thoughts and feelings.

Shadow."

Any interpretations.. misrepresentations... Freudian slidies are per the creative license of one Genius of Panic.

And, in reference to your saying
"Jeez, can't we do both?"
Sure! Why not?

Additionally,

""you can't tell me what to do."
and
"The point is how we relate to those words ^^.
Because I think we are all trumpeting these words out in one way or another."

Is my statement pertaining to human nature. I reiterate: We ALL, in our own ways.. do NOT want to be told what to do. I do not attribute this to any one person.. we ALL have this feeling, in one way or another.

And here:
"Why object so damn strongly though, Twin? Does it matter? Why perpetuate it? Perpetuating it only ever results in the argument becoming something wholly unrelated to the original point, which it became when you started throwing insults around re people's prowess with spelling.

That's called a tangent, and it happens when people have a) forgotten about the original incident or b) have nothing else to say on the original argument but just want to argue for the sake of it. That'd be you, no?"

I certainly highly agree with Louise.

Now, if anyone could point Ms. Foghead here (me), to the nearest Lighthouse.. would be preferable to squaring away Panic's scuttlebutt {hee! :] ).

So, may we de capo back to the Dance discussion?

S.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 1)
By Danamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7517, member since Wed Nov 28, 2001
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 07:23 PM
If it's Italian, it's kwil-yet-ti. (With two T's. The Italians love their double consonants.)

I have nothing else constructive to say. Except that this is a hijack! (That reminds me of the Brady Bunch thing - "This is a carjack!" "I know, but my name's not Jack, it's Greg." Or whatever it was.)
By groovytwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14170, member since Fri Dec 26, 2003
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 03:31 AM
Dana wrote:

If it's Italian, it's kwil-yet-ti. (With two T's. The Italians love their double consonants.)

It is Italian in fact. But it's 'ki-let-ti'... :)

Comment #8029634 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2009-03-07 07:52:36 double post

Comment #8031930 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-03-09 20:29:11 Attacking a member or group of members is not permitted. Please consider this an official warning.

By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:38 AM
There are like maybe three sentences other than the ones by the member who has been banned that don't have a period at the end. Commas are used and they split up their lines like that because of something to do with the way the lines are on their computer when they type. Something about if they don't hit enter, it looks like it's just continually running across the screen or something.
By nicinoodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1283, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:46 AM
i always write with my writing split up in lines,
i am not going to stop writing like this because some-one doesnt like reading.

i hate reading comments where is it just a great big bunch of writing not split up!

it is not a disco thing either, just because we dance disco it does not mean we write in a certain way!

if you dont like the way my comment is written then dont read it, simple as, no skin off my nose

x nici x
By barefootgracemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2827, member since Fri Oct 22, 2004
On Sun Mar 08, 2009 07:23 PM
Aha, here is something constructive coming from the thread-jacking. Yes, bfg is sticking her head in.

And guess what? I only read the first and last pages as well.

I just felt that somehow, somewhere, panic was talking about his crotch. So I figured I'd check and see...

I've been summoned, beware. Be very. Ware.
re: Banned: FionaQ, MaggieQ, SherQ, Spins5, Shereendancer, Jdance, Mikey22.......and more (karma: 4)
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Mon Mar 09, 2009 07:29 AM
Okay, I understand how poor spelling, grammar and non-existent punctuation gets to people, but why anyone cares whether people split up their posts into single lines or writes using whole paragraphs is beyond me. I write using paragraphs, and I also use fairly decent spelling and grammar. I really love commas, for the record. Semi-colons are a favourite of mine too; they're a dying breed. However, if someone decides to go for a whole lot of single lines instead of a paragraph, I really couldn't care less. If it makes sense, it makes sense, y'know? If on the other hand it doesn't make sense, then I'll just avoid wasting my time attempting to decipher it, and it's probably someone else's loss if that happens - I'm not too fussed. Well, now that I've hijacked this thread for an entire paragraph (because I like paragraphs best), I'm going to go and procrastinate elsewhere. Thank you for your time.
Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch