Poll: Disco / Disco - 18+

Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3
is 24years off age to old to start disco dancing?
By discotechfaith05 Comments: 25, member since Thu Jan 29, 2009
On Thu Feb 26, 2009 07:22 AM
Edited by discotechfaith05 (207057) on 2009-02-26 08:00:11 got the age wrong

id really like to join a kind of disco dancing class even if its just for general fitness!!

62 Replies to is 24years off age to old to start disco dancing?

re: is 24years off age to old to start disco dancing?
By xcudgex Comments: 164, member since Fri Aug 03, 2007
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:02 PM
its a good idea for fitness but i think 24 is a bit too old. people at competitions are normally around 19.
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4199, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Mon Mar 02, 2009 02:05 PM
^I don't agree, I'm 24 and stopped in June but if I had money and time etc I would probably still be competing. I started at 18. It is hard though when you are older because of flexibility and stamina but you can work at it - I did pretty well at comps and am proud of where I got to starting as an adult. So I say it's worth giving it a go if you want to - there is a saying that it's worse to regret something that you didn't do rather than something you did.
By dancewivattitudemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 718, member since Tue Aug 23, 2005
On Tue Mar 03, 2009 06:30 AM
Hey,

I don't think you can ever be too old :)
Go for it
Jade xxx
By DiscoDivaAsh Comments: 28, member since Thu Jan 22, 2009
On Tue Mar 03, 2009 09:26 AM
I dont think your too old, im 28 this year and still disco dancing although my flexibility and stamina arent as good lol xxx
By xXxBeccaxXXmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2137, member since Wed Oct 24, 2007
On Tue Mar 03, 2009 09:32 AM
I'd personally say that its a bit old to Start competing but for the fitness no way its a great idea :D
love Becca
xxxx
xxx
xx
x
By Keeley_1987 Comments: 606, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Tue Mar 03, 2009 09:39 AM
Hi,

I dont reckon so...Im 22 this year and I've definately got at least a few more years of competing left in me. lol

If you arent looking to compete and just want to do it for fitness I think it is a great idea!!

Good luck if you do decide to take it up :D

Love Keeley
xxxx
By sophistikat Comments: 2093, member since Thu Apr 15, 2004
On Tue Mar 03, 2009 03:09 PM
Hi,
I didn't start dancing until I was in my 30s! I dance with the ISTD which is slightly different to ADFP as they have sections specially for the over 25s. 24 is deffinately not too late to start. I have got 4th place at the ISTD national finals in the over 14 r'n'r sections and I have recently managed to do the splits, so older dancers can take on younger dancers at their own game. Go for it.
Sharon

Comment #8020467 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2009-06-29 14:28:05 not 18+

By disco_natmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 345, member since Sat Oct 22, 2005
On Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:50 AM
No 24 is not old do dance or to do competitions. im 21 this year and i had a break andim going bk

anyone who tells you your too old needs there head checked lol because to be fair you never no how old people in adults are because of the make up no one looks there age.. i got told once that i looked 15 lol its because im little
By Rinnimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 84, member since Sat Jun 14, 2008
On Wed Mar 04, 2009 09:58 AM
I think anyone can dance no matter how old or young!!!!!
By Lil_princess_07 Comments: 188, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Fri Mar 06, 2009 02:18 PM
Deffo not I think your never too old to start go for it GOOD LUCK :D :D :D
By martine_enjoy Comments: 25, member since Thu Feb 26, 2009
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 04:44 PM
I think you should go for it.

I'm 21 this year and I really want to start dancing and competing again. But I feel so embarrassed if I start again. :( I really don't know what to do. Here in Norway the people on my age is in inter and higher. And I'm just in starter, and I feel too old for dancing and competing in starters when I'm over 20 years. HELP ME!

Love Martine
By StacieSinclair Comments: 619, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Mon Mar 09, 2009 03:24 PM
hiya

I'm 21yrs olds and have not competed in about a year but would like to go back
I am too abit embarassed to go back feeling that I am too old :(
but I do think your never too old to dance :D

xxxx
By discotechfaith05 Comments: 25, member since Thu Jan 29, 2009
On Mon Mar 09, 2009 03:49 PM
hiya everybody im so glad you have got back to me im shocked at how many off you said go for it im going to put it to my daughters teachers this week im not even bothered if i never compete and its just for fun im still abit flexible i think and only look about 16 anyway lol thank you so much keep them coming it just makes me feel like doing it a little more.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Tue Mar 31, 2009 09:10 AM
disco dancing is more for yonger pople you do be better off starting younger you would pick up on the dances easier
my dance teacher is 24 I think :L
I think you should mayb pickup a different type off dancing for fitness maybe ballet I do that and enjoy it very much it sorta ties in with me disc.Hip-hop sme places have adult classes same as salsa & latin & ballroom.There is also yoga for fitness that would be great excercise.
Do what you think is best.
I wish you luck :D
Aimy Xo
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Tue Mar 31, 2009 09:48 AM
No it is rediculous to say a 24 year old is too old LOLOL!
Yes there are mainly kids(18 and under) doing it, but that doesnt make it physically impossible for some body in their mid twenties!!!LMAO!!!!
Id say to anybody wondering whether or not to start to just go for it,its fun!!
(and at some comps they have an over 25 year old section, so there you go!!!)
Happy dancing
Ruth
xxx
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 07:23 AM
hiya

personally i think its up to you, but dont let ANYBODY tell you that your too old, your only as old as you feel (or something like that :P )
im 24 and have just had a year out of competing, my first comp back is in a few weeks time.

nobody's going to force you to compete if you dont want to, if you want to do it just for fitness then thats great and who knows, you might even get the bug for competing, in which case we may be seeing photos of you strutting your stuff in a costume pretty soon ;)

good luck whatever you decide to do! :D

xxx
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2579, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Tue Apr 07, 2009 04:32 AM
Well I'm 25 and all my dance school keep asking when I'm getting out on the floor!! lol!

I dont think you're ever too old to dance, and anyone who says you are needs there head checked! you may not get to be top champ (or you might!) but who cares if you're enjoying yourself.

I've been told that I dont look my age either so I'm going to go for it, I admit picking up the dances and stamina can be harder as you get older, but personally I just get on with it, concentrate and laugh at myself if I cant do something :)

just go for it and see what happens, you never know unless you try.

MOOM
By amy_lou1 Comments: 51, member since Mon May 26, 2008
On Thu Apr 09, 2009 03:26 PM
Flipping heck, looking at this I must be old!! I am 25, my partner 23 and the oldest girl in the school is 28. We still disco dance...and we all still compete!! It's ok though, because I really enjoy it. I love picking up new moves and feeling full of energy on the floor!

So in answer to your question, no, I don't believe 24 is too old. If you want to give it a go and you don't like it, stop! But if you never try it, how will you know? And you will always kick yourself!

Give yourself a break and let your hair down......and happy dancing!!!!!

Amy x x x
By HennaMarieC Comments: 36, member since Wed May 21, 2008
On Tue Apr 21, 2009 05:58 AM
Hiya,
I'm 26 i dance medal class and compete in disco.
I started competitions at 24 although id danced disco medals longer at a different dance school, you are definately not too old as long as you like the music, love to dance and want to keep trim, get the chance to get glam and meet new friends. Go for it !! & let me know how you get on! xxxxxxx
By xDancinRachx Comments: 741, member since Fri Apr 07, 2006
On Sun May 03, 2009 08:55 AM
Nope!
Admittedly you may not find the whole flexibility gain as easy as the younger ones but dont let anyone's opinion put you off!

Best of luck with whatever you choose x
By xxnatzxx Comments: 32, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Sun May 24, 2009 10:59 AM
hmmmm well it depends on how fit you are and how much work you are prepared to put in. You won't ever get much beyond a starter by starting that late. At my dance school most people have to retire when they're about 20 so you could take it up as a hobby but i'm not sure you should take it seriously like with comps and things.
By Steph_K Comments: 32, member since Tue Jun 12, 2007
On Mon May 25, 2009 01:59 PM
i always say if you want to do something then go for it! 24 is not old, we got people who are in their 40's doing an adult disco and street class and they love it! if you want to compete then just find a school that is willing to help you! have a good search round your area! good luck!!!!!
By livvybbz1999 Comments: 51, member since Sat Mar 07, 2009
On Wed May 27, 2009 12:54 PM
you can dance at any age wan't and if you do start you go for it
Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch