Forum: General / Success Stories

Success Stories
I was very happy with our first big performance. Warning: Text wall
By NickfromDvaldamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 759, member since Fri May 30, 2008
On Mon Mar 02, 2009 06:53 AM

Well, last night was our annual Gala showcase, and it was AWESOME!
Before I get into the details, a little background about how the show works. Competition level classes and company are the only ones who dance in the Gala. There's a June show with everyone, but the Gala is more of an "advanced" show. Last year I was only in 2 numbers in the Gala, because I was only in 2 competition level classes. But, since I'm a guy, they push guys really hard, this year I'm in the company. I was in 9 numbers in the 30 (ish) number show. Anyways, it was my first time performing as a member of the company, and it was awesome.
Company always does the opening number, and even though I had been working with them for the past 6 months, I felt like that was a reminder that I had really made it. Anyways, all the numbers went really well, even the one that I got cut off in (so sad, but hey, it happens). I had to do a lot of really difficult partnering, but somehow we managed to pull off everything. After, it was essentially the best feeling ever when a ton of people I didn't know came up to me and told me I was great in the show.

I love performing.

ReplySendWatch