Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
Irish Achievements board
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Mon Mar 02, 2009 06:27 PM
Made sticky by linh (3) on 2009-03-02 18:27:52

This board is for people to toot their own horn. Brag about your accomplishments and achievements as a dancer, student, etc. The congrats board lets other people speak highly of you, but here, you can take matters into your own hands. Have fun!

13 Replies to Irish Achievements board

re: Irish Achievements board
By mellzyXxX Comments: 136, member since Sat Oct 18, 2008
On Mon Apr 06, 2009 08:13 AM
cool and love the expression toot your own horns classic (: :)
By irishzippyPremium member Comments: 136, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Fri Jun 12, 2009 02:27 PM
Thanks for posting informing threads like this one! They are very helpful, especially to new DDNers! You so deserve karma for this! :D
By akcelticlady Comments: 52, member since Thu Jun 17, 2010
On Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 PM
My daughter only has 4 feises under her belt and is already all prizewinner. She took firsts at her last feis in Prizewinner and her goal is to take her second round of firsts again at Dance for Life in Seattle next month. She is hoping to be Prelim by fall. I have to say that she's an extremly driven kid, and i'm so proud of how hard she works. When other parents compliment me my common response is "hey i just write the checks and drive her to practice"
So to all you girls out there, you can do anything you set your mind to, all it takes is a lot of hard work!
By ridrpac Comments: 120, member since Mon Jun 14, 2010
On Sun Jun 27, 2010 09:18 PM
I have been to 2 feises so far, one in Smithville NJ and one in Delaware. NAIDF.

i've had a blast at the places, Smithville got rained out and we had to move to an indoor place! I/We ended up winning freestyle 16U group, solo (all 3 dances, beginner), leveled up, and got best overall! :D

in delaware, i/we tied 16U freestyle group, won sweets of may, and won all 4 solo dances and leveled up AND got high honors.

next feis is July 17th, in PA! is anyone going to that feis? were dancing in 4 hand, 6 hand, 8 hand, solos (im in novice), freestyle group (Black and White!) and dance drama. I am so excited!
By CelticFeet392 Comments: 189, member since Thu Aug 12, 2010
On Tue Sep 21, 2010 09:56 AM
Yeah I get to brag!!! Ok, I'm so totally excited b/c at the Kansas City Feis earlier this month, I made it to Novice! It was only my second feis and I did it! Yeah for meeeee!!!!
By iRockUrPoodleSoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 294, member since Sat May 28, 2011
On Mon May 30, 2011 10:38 AM
I'm not going to brag, but I've made it into Novice after 2 years of competing and countless feisanna! Now, at the next feis, I'll be in Novice in all dances but Slip Jig. I can't wait!

I'm also going to brag for my friend, since she isn't on here. My best friend has been dancing for about 4 years and just danced at her first feis in Novice and placed in every single one of her dances! (She even got a 1st) Also, she was the only one without a solo dress, she had a jumper. I think it's really amazing and I'm so proud of her! She's looking at solo dresses now!
By danceinspirit Comments: 33, member since Thu Feb 16, 2012
On Fri Feb 24, 2012 07:21 PM
Okay well I'm going to my first prelim feis next month! wahoooo! Im wicked scared but who cares its about the spirit ! Hope everyone does well!
By dub Comments: 31, member since Wed Sep 14, 2011
On Thu May 03, 2012 05:51 PM
Yes I did reach my achievements and it was the best feeling ever and I hope to keep reach the achievements i set for myself
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Fri May 04, 2012 03:15 AM
I danced as a child in open then took an extensive break. I'm currently dancing intermediate. With hard work and dedication I could make it into open but I am somewhat lazy and work shifts. I kinda like sitting in the middle at the moment although I did win my hop jig into open.

Got a feis this weekend. 6 in my age group. Things look promising
By inspiringID Comments: 63, member since Fri Jun 01, 2012
On Sat Jun 16, 2012 02:29 PM
I'm entering an open feis soon hopefully I can do well!
By haleyanna9726 Comments: 14, member since Fri Jun 08, 2012
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 03:56 PM
I recently became all prizewinner. At the last two feisenna, I got two firsts at each one. At my latest feis, I was really nervous because there were 18 dancers in each competition, but I pulled two firsts in reel and slip jig! I'm hoping to get all 8 of my firsts and get into prelims by the next four feiseanna I go to. I only have four, so there's still a ways to go!

I'm also really ecstatic right now because I just mastered back rallies (or trebles, shuffles)!
By ForReel Comments: 33, member since Sat Jan 26, 2013
On Sat Mar 23, 2013 02:07 AM
In my last 3-4 feises I have gone from one dance in novice to one dance in prizewinner and the rest in novice. I am now looking for a solo dress!!!
By ForReel Comments: 33, member since Sat Jan 26, 2013
On Sat Mar 23, 2013 02:09 AM
In my last 3-4 feises I have gone from one dance in novice to one dance in prizewinner and the rest in novice. I am now looking for a solo dress!!!

ReplySendWatch