Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz Photos - Members

Jazz Photos - Members
Ouch...to say the least
By jennalovespinkmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 659, member since Sun Jan 09, 2005
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 08:41 PM
Edited by jennalovespink (118756) on 2009-03-07 20:42:25

I was at KAR in chicago last weekend doing my solo on stage. I guess the act before me had a prop that broke and they didn't clean it up EVEN THOUGH IT WAS GLASS! so this is the result of me landing a switch russian in the most unfortunate spot. They called me the next day and told me I should probably get a tetanus shot...

7 Replies to Ouch...to say the least

re: Ouch...to say the least
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 PM
Can't see the photo very well, but is that a toe and a piece of glass embedded and blood? Yikes! Yes, you should get a tetanus shot unless you've had a booster very recently.
By TobyInWonderlandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1142, member since Sat Mar 29, 2008
On Mon Mar 09, 2009 09:58 PM
Now that's gotta hurt.
I been to a few eisteddfods where previous competitors have left bits on stage that have fallen off props and so forth. I've nearly slipped on a streamer and I thought that was bad. I do recommend that you get a tetanus shot aswell.
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:39 PM
Did you finish your solo like that? Did the officials even know it happened? Yikes, I'm so sorry, that looks awful! It won't make you feel any better but I was doing a site specific piece and one time I landed my jump and a rusty screw went up into my heel. After we got it out I got to take a trip to my doctors and they gave me a tetanus shot. It wasn't too bad, the screw hurt lots worse. Go and get the shot and hope your toes heals quickly.
By never_katiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 803, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Tue Mar 10, 2009 02:03 PM
Now that's what I call uncalled for! Its a shame that some people DO NOT CLEAN UP PROPERLY!
By HeyRedPremium member Comments: 1567, member since Wed Jul 02, 2003
On Sun Mar 15, 2009 06:22 PM
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry for you! That's gotta be PAINFUL!

But I can't believe they didn't clean it up! At the competitions I go to, it's stately clearly in the rules that if the floor is not properly cleaned after a performance, points will be deducted, and if dancers are injured due to lack of clean up, studios can be disqualified. While I want to smack several of parents and teachers and dancers at the competitions I go to for being stuck up snobs (I'm being nice), they are damn sure they clean up. Big massive brooms and teams of "dance moms" and "dance dads" to clean up in less than 30 seconds.

I'm so sorry. Did you say anything to the competition/competitions director?
By jennalovespinkmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 659, member since Sun Jan 09, 2005
On Mon Mar 16, 2009 01:32 AM
Yes, both the studio owners and my dad did. They gave me first aid and apologized and that was it. Then the next day they called me and told me to get a tetanus shot that they wouldn't pay for.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Mon Mar 16, 2009 09:35 PM
Ow. I'm sorry that happened. What kind of prop made of glass?

If you get a better pic I want to see it. :)

ReplySendWatch