Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

Secrets PG-13
Go To The Doctor! (karma: 6)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Wed Mar 18, 2009 08:57 PM
Made sticky by Odessa (22571) on 2009-03-18 20:57:41

Got a funky rash on your privates? Pus oozing out of your ears? Projectile vomiting bright green stuff? A pain in your ankle that you just can't explain?

Then run, don't walk, to your nearest healthcare professional!

There's not much point asking medical questions on Dance.net. As far as I know, none of us here are doctors, and any doctor that is wouldn't be dispensing medical advise over the internet without a consultation.

Sure - if your period is acting up or you want to know about the side effects of a drug you're about to start taking, or you want to commiserate with other people suffering the same ailment, Dance.net is a great place to post.

But if you're sick, and need a diagnosis, don't ask us. We're not doctors and can't diagnose you, much less prescribe you medication that'll make you better.

All you'll get is responses like "oh, my cousin was showing those symptoms and it turned out she has terminal carpal phalangitis, and only has three weeks to live!!", or "well, it could be this, this, or this, but you're better off going to a doctor to find out for sure", or "I had those symptoms and they went away on their own".

Unfortunately, lots of different diseases and illnesses present similar symptoms, so where one person's symptoms (let's say increased tiredness and a change in appetite) amounted to nothing, a person experiencing similar symptoms might have pneumonia. Or be pregnant. Or be sliding into chronic fatigue syndrome. Or be anaemic.

So here it is - got a question about your immediate health? Experiencing unusual symptoms? By all means post about it here - but all we're going to tell you is to go to the doctor, and find out for sure what ails you.

Time spent posting here is time better spent getting to a clinic.

Erin.
::righteous babe::

5 Replies to Go To The Doctor!

re: Go To The Doctor!
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 AM
Thanks!! ABOUT TIME someone decided to get a sticky up here...

I've written some posts in this vein.. but, either they just get read.. and then, lost in the shuffle....

I'm just happy that a MOD stuck one here.. so I don't wind up spinning my wheels in the attempt to write another one.

When in Doubt -- CALL THE DOC!

S.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Fri Mar 27, 2009 01:02 PM
ZOMG THANK YOU.

Honestly people. If you need to look for online advice...there are plenty of medical websites. How the hell are we supposed to tell if the red thing on your vagina is herpes,an ingrown hair or something completely random? We're not down there having a peek.

ITS THE INTERWEBS. WE CANNOT HELP.
By never_katiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 803, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Thu Apr 30, 2009 06:27 PM
This seriously needed to be said.

I dont need to here about this stuff

THANK YOU SO MUCH
By PlumeriaPremium member Comments: 3483, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Sun May 17, 2009 08:07 PM
Thank you so much! I'm so sick of all of the posts about health or weird rashes down there.

Even if a DDNer did give me advice on something health related, I would NEVER trust them.
By Ballerina0306 Comments: 21, member since Thu Nov 03, 2011
On Wed Dec 28, 2011 09:56 AM
Odessa wrote:

Got a funky rash on your privates? Pus oozing out of your ears? Projectile vomiting bright green stuff? A pain in your ankle that you just can't explain?

Then run, don't walk, to your nearest healthcare professional!

There's not much point asking medical questions on Dance.net. As far as I know, none of us here are doctors, and any doctor that is wouldn't be dispensing medical advise over the internet without a consultation.

Sure - if your period is acting up or you want to know about the side effects of a drug you're about to start taking, or you want to commiserate with other people suffering the same ailment, Dance.net is a great place to post.

But if you're sick, and need a diagnosis, don't ask us. We're not doctors and can't diagnose you, much less prescribe you medication that'll make you better.

All you'll get is responses like "oh, my cousin was showing those symptoms and it turned out she has terminal carpal phalangitis, and only has three weeks to live!!", or "well, it could be this, this, or this, but you're better off going to a doctor to find out for sure", or "I had those symptoms and they went away on their own".

Unfortunately, lots of different diseases and illnesses present similar symptoms, so where one person's symptoms (let's say increased tiredness and a change in appetite) amounted to nothing, a person experiencing similar symptoms might have pneumonia. Or be pregnant. Or be sliding into chronic fatigue syndrome. Or be anaemic.

So here it is - got a question about your immediate health? Experiencing unusual symptoms? By all means post about it here - but all we're going to tell you is to go to the doctor, and find out for sure what ails you.

Time spent posting here is time better spent getting to a clinic.

Hallelujah. Nobody seems to get this so thank you for going out and saying it. Thanks.

Erin.
::righteous babe::

ReplySendWatch