Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

Highland Photos - Members
St. Patrick's Day Parade
By Dancer24601member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jan 12, 2009
On Fri Mar 20, 2009 06:16 PM

Here are some pictures from the St. Patrick's Day parade I got to be a part of. My mom and I just finished the aboyne vest that day of the parade... we always seem to do that when we sew, finish the garment at the last minute (very nerve-racking to me and late nights for my mom and I, we are never home during the day!)And that is also why we wore aboynes and not highland outfits. (My highland vest isn't even cut out yet!)

Pictures...
1. Myself in my aboyne! (We wore different shirts and white tights (didn't have time to get nude/tan) in case it was too cold, which of course it wasn't!)

2. My friend who volunteer to help pass out flyers and myself, before the parade.

3. My friend, myself, and my sister, who also handed out flyers, before the parade.

4. Us dancing during the parade on our "float." (We only did the 1st step of the fling because the "float" was moving more than it was stationary.)

5. Another dancing picture.

6. After the parade, we were just waiting on the float for awhile. My mom was taking random pictures, so I started to do some Passion acting! (This picture was in the middle of switching poses, I believe.)

7. Passion for terror! (Except for my facial expression)

8. Passion for gladness! (It's a bit off)

7 Replies to St. Patrick's Day Parade

re: St. Patrick's Day Parade
By ifinance Comments: 2275, member since Mon Jun 26, 2006
On Fri Mar 20, 2009 09:12 PM
Your costume looks great and it looks like you had a fantastic time! You have a lovely smile and great passion :D
By lovewhatyoudoPremium member Comments: 253, member since Sun Sep 05, 2004
On Sat Mar 21, 2009 08:37 AM
Thanks for sharing. It looks like you had lots of fun and the out fit looks great!
By ScottishMamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 288, member since Thu Jan 22, 2009
On Sun Mar 22, 2009 03:12 PM
hehehe so cute, we saw you! I was wondering about those white tights too, it definitely wasn't a cold day ;)
By falling_leaf Comments: 143, member since Wed Mar 18, 2009
On Thu Mar 26, 2009 09:59 AM
Wow you look great. I should of watched out St Paddy's day parade for highland dancers!
By Dancer24601member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jan 12, 2009
On Thu Apr 02, 2009 07:12 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments, it was a fun day, and I've been busy, so it was just a relief to just dance, enjoy it, and have other people enjoy it too. Thanks again.

ScottishMami-
I heard there would be other highland dancers, but I didn't see any other highland dancers, it would have been nice to have seen you!(Were you in the parade? I don't see why you wouldn't be, but I don't want to assume you were in it, when you weren't. I've been really bad with my assumptions lately...)
By ScottishMamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 288, member since Thu Jan 22, 2009
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 01:36 PM
LoL I had my boys with me and my broken leg mother soo I couldn't actually be in the parade, I watched from the sidelines. Our dance school only had 3 dancers show up and they walked with the Caledonia club leading the parade.
Will you be at the Tartan Day celebration at William Land Park tomorrow?
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 02:41 PM
See, I am happy I asked. And yes, I should be at Tartan Day tomorrow, hope to see you there maybe!

ReplySendWatch