Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

Which Summer Intensive to choose? Help!
By andhearts
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:08 PM

I got accepted to two summer intensives:

Paul Taylor in NYC for 4 weeks
Joffrey Jazz and Contemporary in NYC for 2 weeks

Has anyone ever been to either of those? If so, what were they like and did you enjoy them? This will be my first summer intensive. I can't afford to go to both so I need to choose... =/

Thanks!

12 Replies to Which Summer Intensive to choose? Help!

re: Which Summer Intensive to choose? Help!
By ForeverDancingDo
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 01:47 PM
I would choose Joeffry..only because it seems like it would be more diverse. Paul Taylor seems like it might be very one tracked...which wouldnt be a bad thing, it just depends on where you are in your dancing andn life.
By andhearts
On Fri Apr 03, 2009 01:55 PM
I think you might be right. although I do think paul taylor is amazing, I think joffrey might be the best choice for me right now. i'm 16, i'm a junior, and i will major in dance in college.
By Dancer_momof2
On Wed Apr 29, 2009 07:05 PM
Do you have the time and the resources to do the 4 weeks? I would think the longer intensive will give you better results. I also recommend checking the number and type of classes both are offering. You may find the the Paul Taylor does have a more versatile schedule. Also look at the faculty. Will you have the same teachers for the whole time or will they be changing every week? The more consistent you can be with one teacher, the better the result. They can actually get to know you and how you work and give better corrections and advice.

Either way - good luck!!
By addicted2dance86
On Fri May 29, 2009 08:44 PM
If you choose Joffrey, which intensive are you going to? I am definitely going to the Miami one and I am on the waitlist for NYC.
By addicted2dance86
On Sat May 30, 2009 01:58 PM
Which audition did you go to? I went to the New York one. I was so nervous because it was my first audition for an intensive.
By andhearts
On Sat May 30, 2009 03:43 PM
I went to the new york audition as well. Remember how we were divided into 2 groups? I was in the group that stayed in the studio we were all in at first. I was nervous too, I'm not very experienced in auditions either! This will be my first summer intensive.
By addicted2dance86
On Sat May 30, 2009 03:54 PM
Me too! I doubt you will remember but i was wearing a white shirt that said dance if you want to dance in red letters with black shorts and I was number 809. I was surprised I made it because I messed up sometimes during the choreography.
By andhearts
On Sat May 30, 2009 04:56 PM
LOL you're right, I don't remember. You probably wouldn't remember me either. I was 812, with a black leotard and black shorts.
By two_left_feet_2
On Mon Jun 01, 2009 05:29 PM
My daughter will be attending the NYC intensive as well. She auditioned by dvd.
By addicted2dance86
On Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:55 PM
I just found out that I am also going to the NYC intensive!!! I'm so excited!

ReplySendWatch