Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

Grade 4 modern exam results :D
By Dancingkate_x
On Thu Apr 16, 2009 06:57 AM

I got distinction :D :D :D I got 83%
I was really happy because I haven't done a modern exam for about 5-6 years :)

Just about to start my grade 6 now.
x

7 Replies to Grade 4 modern exam results :D

re: Grade 4 modern exam results :D
By HH_dance
On Sun Apr 19, 2009 01:49 PM
Congratulations!! Which exam board was it?

xx
By hummingbird
On Thu Apr 23, 2009 09:08 AM
Congratulations :)
By Dancingkate_x
On Thu Apr 23, 2009 09:11 AM
Thank you :)

It was ISTD.
Oh and my mistake - I didn't get distinction, I got an A! I used to do BBO and they used the term distinction. So yeh, I got an A :D

x
By never_katiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Apr 25, 2009 09:22 AM
That's impressive. Great job!
By EllieAnn
On Thu May 07, 2009 05:27 AM
Eeesh I was extremely disappointed with my reslts for that exam. I got a B but i know what things I need to work on and i will.

Does anyone know the sylabus for grade 6 modern. I'm going to do grade 5 soon but I'm really determined to get to intermediate as soon as possible and at the moment that means doing two diff grades of everything at once. Like ballet. I'm doing grade 3 but iwant to do grade 4 whilst studying grade 3.

But yes anywho, I can't find a list of the exercises that they do, I just need to recognise words and see if I could cope with everything. I don't wanna throw myself into classes and end up injuring myself.
By Music_is_love13
On Sun May 17, 2009 11:04 AM
Congrats!! That must be so exciting! I'm sure I could appreciate it even more if you could tell me what exactly a dance exam is... Is it only if you're going to a dance school or profesional, or what? Congrats again! You must be so proud!
By Dancingkate_x
On Fri May 22, 2009 12:35 PM
^ A dance exam is something that you work towards in dance schools. They are very common in the UK, in fact I don't know of any schools near me that don't do exams. You learn a set sylabus (sp?) of work then an examiner comes to your school and you do an exam on it.

You don't have to be a professional, anyone can do them. You can do major dance exams which are more for people that want to be professional.

Hope this helps x

ReplySendWatch