Priority Dresses & Costumes

Forum: Jazz / Jazz - Competitions

Jazz - Competitions
HELP ME! en>fr fr>en
By dancer_kath Comments: 76, member since Wed Apr 15, 2009
On Sun Apr 19, 2009 01:32 PM

Sorry to sound so desperate,
i have wanted to compete for as long as i can remember! I always used to go on you tube and watch southern strutt dance studio videos and wish i could compete the way the do!

But my studio is a SERIOUS ballet/pointe school. we have modern,jazz, and tap too but we dont go to compatitions!

My paents arn't the type of people to just let me go to a compatition without a group either! what do i do!

4 Replies to HELP ME!

re: help me! en>fr fr>en
By HeyRedPremium member Comments: 1567, member since Wed Jul 02, 2003
On Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 AM
You either compete without your parents knowledge (not recommended), switch schools and go to a competitive school, or suggest one competition to your teacher/director. If you're not willing to switch schools if nothing else works... you just may not be competing. Sorry dear! :)
By MeganNormanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 538, member since Tue Nov 13, 2007
On Fri May 29, 2009 04:28 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I was at a strict ballet school and I wanted to compete so badly but my studio didn't have any competition teams. But, I found a local studio and joined the competition team and it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Good luck dear!
By bubble_dancer34 Comments: 178, member since Mon Feb 13, 2006
On Sat Jul 18, 2009 03:34 PM
Join the competition team at a local studio, and take ballet at your original studio. I really reccomend doing competitions. You make so many new friends and it's just... so much fun. Good luck in whatever you do!
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 203, member since Sun Jul 19, 2009
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 05:11 AM
Well, the best thing that I think you could do is talk to the instructor. If they don't want to compete their dances then they shouldn't have to. If they do then talk to the studio owner about starting a performance team/ competition team. If they don't want to compete their dances maybe make a small competing club. You will still have a group to go with just littler. You can make up a dance or ask an instructor to help you. Hop These things work out for you.

ReplySendWatch