Forum: Arts / Religion

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Read David Wilkerson's Warning Yet? Are you getting ready?
By Giselle55member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 AM
Amos 3:7
Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:24 AM
Edited by d4j (104724) on 2009-04-22 10:30:23 added a bit...
Edited by d4j (104724) on 2009-04-22 10:32:30 clarification...
Sister, if all you got out of my "Jesus is a gentleman" post is that Jesus is a namby-pamby then there is no reasoning with you. His anger at the money changers has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

I find that when Christians start to debate with each other over Scriptural things then there is a good chance that Satan is right there to sow confusion and make sure that the beautiful clarity of Christ is not seen. And so rather than argue with you point by point I'd like to focus on the real reason one comes to Christ (which is what Christians should be doing, not scaring everyone half to death with dire warnings). I come to Christ to become whole and complete, to realize fully what I was created to do which is to live out an eternally perfect existence of worshipful love for my God, to have total and complete peace. While on this Earth I have opportunity to manifest Christ's Love to a dark world, to lose myself in the service of others which is the only way to experience true Love.

All the other reasons that I am told I should come to Christ:

>that if I don't something bad will happen to me
>that if I don't He will rain down His wrath
>that if I don't I will go to Hell
>that if I don't someday it will be too late because time will have run out for me

All these reasons ^ are not the PRIMARY motivation to come to Christ. In fact, if you witness on that basis the person will not have a true conversion but will have adopted a new creed out of fear.

Are all those things true? The hell, the wrath, the scary warnings, the end of days? I believe that when you accept Christ you are given the discernment of the Holy Spirit and can understand the deeper meanings of those things. But to start out with those things as your main arguments when preaching Christ to someone without that discernment is just going to make you look crazy. And that is what people are saying here about Wilkerson. But as the saying goes:

Image hotlink - 'http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii278/dancing4joy/godwantsspiritualfruitsICON.gif'

So I guess I'll reserve my judgment on Wilkerson until I learn more about him and see what the real fruit of his ministry is.

:)
By Giselle55member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 AM
If you want to see some of the fruits of his decades long ministry, then check out Teen Challenge. He has helped thousands of drug and alcohol addicts get clean and on their feet. Check out "The Cross and the Switchblade" too - how he has ministered to gang members and seen them start productive joyful lives. Read about Nicky Cruz. It's amazing. His branches are loaded with fruit.
By Sumayah
On Wed Apr 22, 2009 02:59 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2009-04-22 15:54:34 Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle, light a motive. Step down, step down.
I don't think anyone is saying that he doesn't do good deeds and isn't a philanthropist, we're saying he's not God's chosen prophet.

All we can do to prepare for Armageddon is to stay spiritually awake and continue to live our lives in according to God's standards and then and only then might we escape unharmed.

1 Thes 5:2,3 For you yourselves have the knowledge that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.When they say, There is peace and no danger, then sudden destruction will come on them, as birth-pains on a woman with child; and they will not be able to get away from it.

1 Thes 5:6 Therefore, we must not fall asleep like other people, but we must stay awake and be sober.

Zep 2:3 Make search for the Lord, all you quiet ones of the earth, who have done what is right in his eyes; make search for righteousness and a quiet heart: it may be that you will be safely covered in the day of the Lord's wrath.

We have to "stay awake" meaning not let ourselves get carried away with all the trivialities in the world but stay focused on God's will and if we continue to search for God and get to know him and his will then we will be protected. These aren't the days of Lot where fire and sulpher will rain from the heavens and an angel takes us by the hand and leads us to the mountains for protection, what we have to do is outlined in the Bible and only God knows our heart and only God knows when he will choose to get rid of all the badness. I'd like to think he's giving everyone who wants to follow him the chance and giving those who choose another, perhaps non-Christian path, a chance to prove their heart and their intent. Just because someone isn't a Christian doesn't mean they're condemned and just because I claim to be a Christian doesn't mean I'll be saved. He'll decide based on our inner person. So no, I'm not buying extra water and food stuffs because I believe when Armageddon comes, only God will be able to save us - no mountain will be high enough, no hole in the ground deep enough to save us if our hearts are inclined towards evil.

*edit* And in response to
Giselle55 wrote:

Amos 3:7
Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

No he doesn't but right now he doesn't need a man made prophet, he gave us the book of Revelation, the book of Ezekiel, of Isaiah, of Daniel, Joel, Micah... all are harmonious in their description of the critical times preceding God's Day of Judgement and what our actions should be. What more do we need?
By maureensiobhan
On Thu Apr 23, 2009 08:30 AM
One more thing I'd like to say is, if Wilkerson is not a hippie, does he fancy himself another Nostradamus? All of us have heard of Nostrradamus and how he was said to be a prophet. Perhaps Wilkerson is trying to act like Nostradamus?
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:06 AM
I'd say his branches are loaded with nuts more than fruit.

This is just another in a long line of religious whack jobs who try to rile up the sensible and hallucinogen free. Religion and logic can peacefully co-exist and, I believe, even thrive when combined. God, and by extension, Jesus didn't expect us to be mindless drones who follow Him out of fear.

I don't think the Holy Spirit is talking to this guy. I think it's the voices in his head. Perhaps I should send him a tin foil hat to wear during said calamity?
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch