Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

Can I press a flower that has kind of dried out?
By FeisForFoodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 30, 2009 08:27 PM

So I have this daffodil that's been in a vase in my room for a few weeks. It's all dried now, but it still has its shape and color. I want to preserve it because it's special to me, but pressed flowers are a lot easier to do something with or just store than dried ones. So is there any way I can press it without causing it to just crunch and crumble? I was about to just press it like normal but then I was like "wait...maybe not a good idea." Or if I can't just press it..suggestions?

2 Replies to Can I press a flower that has kind of dried out?

re: Can I press a flower that has kind of dried out?
By TuniePremium member
On Sat May 02, 2009 01:46 PM
Chances are, if it's even the slightest bit dry, it's just going to crumble if you try to press it. You really gotta press flowers while they're fresh or else it won't work. The only thing I can suggest (and this might not even be a great idea, someone give me feedback) is trimming the stem so it's fairly short, hanging the flower upside down until it's done drying (I'd give it at least another week or two), and then displaying it in a smallish shadow box.
re: Can I press a flower that has kind of dried out?
By blonde_redhead1
On Mon May 04, 2009 03:15 PM
cant be pressed now, needs to be done when there is moisture in the flower. YOu can leave it to finish drying then either display in a little frame with box surround, or wrap in tissue and store in a little box

karen xx

ReplySendWatch