Forum: Arts / Philosophy

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Philosophy
Ouiji board?
By dncrgirl825member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 241, member since Fri Jan 02, 2009
On Sun May 10, 2009 02:41 PM

One of my friends loves playing with a ouji board- it's kinda creepy- i was wondering some of your guys experiances with them...

Interesting topic!

31 Replies to Ouiji board?

re: Ouiji board?
By SpiffyLlama78 Comments: 1465, member since Fri Apr 22, 2005
On Mon May 11, 2009 03:15 PM
I think there's always ALWAYS someone that moves it. Even if they don't realize it. I don't think it has anything to do with spirits and ghosts and whatnot. I think it's getting moved by your subconscious.

I think they're fun and all, but I hate it when people get to serious about it.
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2541, member since Fri Dec 21, 2007
On Mon May 11, 2009 03:20 PM
^^^ I agree with the poster above.

It's almost the same thing as playing "Stiff as a board,"

You know "light as a feather, stiff as a board" and you keep repeating it and what the people really don't notice is their hands are lifting the body a little bit. Not a spirt or ghost.
By Iamalittlefishie Comments: 707, member since Sun Jul 02, 2006
On Mon May 11, 2009 03:48 PM
The only experince I've had with them, was at a birthday party.

It was basically 8 people standing there pushing it in different directions, and fighting to push against the pushing of the other people.

So... yeah. It was lame, lol.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Thu May 14, 2009 12:36 AM
I have a hilarious Ouiji board story.
Well, actually, hilarious probably isn’t the word to use.

My best friend in high school and I did it one night. We apparently got in touch with my Grandfather who died well before I was born, but who makes up most of the staples of our family legends – so I know plenty about him.

Anyway, he spelled out his name out for us and all that crap – which I am willing to admit, despite honestly not making a conscious effort to move the glass in any direction, probably was my subconscious.

Anyway, we asked benign questions, then I asked “Did you love Grandma?” – which is kind of a hot sensitive subject in our family. Lots of tensions and bad stories kind of thing. The glass started moving towards no, and then I WAS making a conscious effort to steer it towards yes, but I was overpowered and it went to ‘No.’

So then I blew up at my friend, saying how dare she try and insinuate that my Grandparents didn’t love each other, and told her I could feel her dragging it over to the No!

… I don’t know why I told that story. LOL. It just always pops into my mind when someone talks about Ouiji boards.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 AM
Well that's freaky, I was just reading a thread about Ouiji boards on Gamefaqs Paranormal/ conspiracy boards.

Never even seen one in person. To accept them to be anything than board game thing would mean you believe in ghosts and spirits etc.
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Thu May 14, 2009 01:03 AM
We tried to make one once but it was rubbish everyone was just pushing it. I don't really believe in all that although I have experienced some freaky stuff when I met some spiritualists, as a Christain though I believe what I saw to have been demons rather than ghosts.

Ballet_baibe
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 PM
When I was like 13 I went through a stage where I was into everything paranormal - Ouija boards, Tarot cards, everything. I went to a party once where we played with the Ouija and held a seance. The board worked and I don't believe anyone was pushing it. It didn't feel like it. It said some freaky stuff, and some girls asked it questions they claimed nobody could possibly know. We got several spirits, and most were pretty boring (which was kind of convincing to me) - one was supposedly evil, I think.

I told my other friends this, and a year or so later we tried to play with a Ouija. They were skeptical and didn't believe in it at all, and (of course) the board didn't work.

I live in a very old town with some buildings that have been around since the 1700s, so I know some friends that have had really crazy experiences with Ouija boards that actually led them to items hidden within the houses.

The house where the Ouija board worked was one of the older ones (150 years or something?) and the house where it didn't work was a brand-new condo.

I sort of don't have an opinion either way. If Ouija boards are real, in order for them to work you have to believe or at least suspend your disbelief in order to be open to the spirit world. So anyone who doesn't believe in them won't be convinced by using one, because they won't work. I think a lot of it has to do with the environment too (like if there's too many people, or folks are giggling and not paying attention). It's hit or miss and it takes patience, and people who don't believe or are skeptical aren't willing to sit down and do what they need to do to make the board work.

I have a friend who insists that the Ouija is Satanic and I should take mine and burn it in my backyard because spirits are going to come through it while I'm asleep and possess me. Uhhh, I bought mine at Toys R Us, so I have a hard time believing it's a true link to the supernatural - it's just cardboard and plastic.

They're a lot of fun when they work right, so I don't see the point in having an overly serious attitude towards them either way. Of course it's probably a load of crap, but it's just a toy. I choose to believe in them but mostly because it's more fun that way. Who doesn't like a good ghost story?
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Mon May 18, 2009 02:04 PM
We had one in our house when I was younger. My mom would freak out if the closet door that it was in was open at night when we were sleeping.

Anyway, I've used it, I don't think it's real, but I've had my own experiences with the paranormal that might make me believe it could be. I've been in the room where things have broken, shutters and doors have moved, a shelf fell and a doll started talking. Now, all of these can be explained, but it is just strange that they happened while we were participating in so called paranormal activities.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Mon May 18, 2009 03:11 PM
I've had experiences with a board...not going to get into details here unless somebody really cares to hear it all. Let's just say I don't apply the words "play" or "game" to it.
By LeSoulierVertmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1392, member since Sat Feb 05, 2005
On Mon May 18, 2009 07:02 PM
^I'd like to hear Munkenstein!
By Staceymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4618, member since Tue Jun 04, 2002
On Mon May 18, 2009 07:56 PM
Munkenstein, I'd like to hear about your experience as well.

I played with a group of girlfriends at a sleepover once. We contacted some man and suddenly my girlfriend had a stabbing sensation in her head, stopped playing and we found out the man had been stabbed in the head. This could totally be forced from another player though.

I used to love the game and played it often with friends and family. I believe in paranormal things and my 4 year old cousin talks about her great grandmother that died last year. She says she sees her, talks to her and plays ring around the rosie with her.
By RealDealTrebler Comments: 254, member since Thu Mar 22, 2007
On Mon May 18, 2009 08:14 PM
^^ Me too!
By alicelovestodacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 960, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Tue May 26, 2009 07:23 AM
my friends house is haunted + we once did a ouiji board in his loft. nothing really happened when we were playing. so we all went downstairs + left the board as it was. later on we went upstairs + the cards were all over the room :/ . oh + we were he only people in the house aswell.

i want to hear your story munkenstein!
By MJeanette Comments: 1286, member since Fri Dec 26, 2008
On Thu May 28, 2009 09:38 AM
I've never used an ouiji board. Everyone in my family is pretty strongly against ouiji boards (More so than other supernatural things) because my great grandmother apparently had a very frightening experience with an ouiji board and believed that they were evil, but nobody knows exactly what it was that happened. Apparently it was just so bad that she didn't want to talk about it, except to warn my grandmother and other family members never to deal with ouiji boards. I've always been curious about what scared her so much.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Thu May 28, 2009 06:02 PM
I'll just make a little list of things that happened involving the Ouija board, heh...rather than type out a whole thing.

-Alexandrite class ring changing colors when the lighting didn't change.

-Sunglasses being pushed off of a bed.

-When my friend said that she probably knocked the glasses off, a phone book literally flew off the bed and hit the wall.

-All sorts of dreams, had by myself and my friends.

-Asking things that only one person would know while that person didn't have their hand on there and getting right answers.

-Something being visible outside of my friend's house during a really violent thunderstorm.

-Hanging a thread with a needle from the ceiling and having it move certain ways.

That's about all I can remember at this point...I haven't used my board in a long time. The phone book hitting the wall is the biggest thing that happened...I still sometimes get chills thinking about it.
By TeenDancer16member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 424, member since Sun Jun 24, 2007
On Thu May 28, 2009 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sceptical of ouiji boards. I'm pretty sure that it's usually someone pushing it just to freak everyone out, but even so I've always wanted to try just to see what would happen.

My mom used one a couple times when she was younger and she hates them. My brother and I would talk of trying it out, but she said that over her dead body would we try it in the house, she didn't want us bringing "unwanted guests" into the house to stay. And that if we wanted to try it, we could go to our dad's house and go crazy there.

I still think it would be interesting to do with a group of people, but I think it's only real if you want to be real.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Thu May 28, 2009 07:31 PM
I've always wanted to play with a ouiji board. Sounds too cool. But, I like stuff like that. I used to live in an old house and some spooky things happened there. I'm not all serious about this stuff, but I'm open to possibilities.

kk~
By dangslowmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3641, member since Mon Jul 07, 2003
On Sun May 31, 2009 11:45 PM
Stay away from those things. Ghosts will respect it if you dont want them in your house, but the Ouiji board friggin INVITES them in. Like ringing a dinner bell. I think it harder to get rid of them then invite them, so I would say to just stay away from them.
By dancin_til_death Comments: 4381, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Wed Jun 03, 2009 04:31 AM
Ouiji boards don't work if you're blindfolded, you need to be able to see the board.

If you are recieving a message, it is from yourself...
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Wed Jun 03, 2009 07:09 AM
I don't believe in these kinds of things (because I've never had any reason to), but when I was younger I ALWAYS wanted to try it. I've never seen a Ouiji board other than on TV, and I feel like I've kind of missed my opportunity to play with one now that I'm all grown up. If I ever have kids, I'll make sure they have one, hee! :)
By tappingangel Comments: 908, member since Sun Apr 27, 2003
On Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:54 PM
I'm totally not commenting, because I AM one of those serious ones.

Eh..had my experiences and heard my stories.

My fiance and I both feel very, very strongly about them (both so against them that we'll almost go into panic attacks when they get mentioned around us in person..lmao) but..we're also both wiccanish. I say ish, to sum up our belief systems. Haha.

Just be careful. I've heard some extremely bad things that have happened, and while mine have been "real" Ouija boards..you know, the ones made out of wood that are seriously used...my fiance has a bunch of horror stories about his friends who have used the toy versions. He never used them because of his beliefs; I don't ever remember using one either.
By ayyyshugamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1425, member since Wed Aug 02, 2006
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 AM
I honestly have always tried not to believe in these things, but I have had a freaky experience with one. Me and my mom were playing with one once. We finished playing, were sitting there chatting, a few feet away from the board when the little triangle thing started to move on its own...we realize it was spelling out a word that had a special meaning to my mom and her deceased father. it was eery...but I still have my doubts.
By claddagh Comments: 413, member since Wed Jun 25, 2003
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 08:03 AM
They freak me out BIG TIME. I know some people dont believe in them, but for some reason even though iv never played with one I do.
When I was younger there were some really strange things that used to happen in our house. My sister and I shared a room.I was 8 she 10, One night in bed we were chatting, we heard a tapping on the window (we slept on the 2nd floor..impossible!) and the curtains..or drapes blew up towards the ceiling really fast then stood still dead again...I actually thought id peed my pants with the fright. My sister ran out of the bedroom and shut the door behind her and left me there crying lol..not funny at the time. My dad came up to the room to try and explain what we "thought" we seen.im 27 now and We still talk about that today.
She has had many things happen to her since then, a lady in her room she used to see, and when her baby was born a black shadow standing over the cot/crib.

A little off topic sorry, :) just thought id share.

xxx
By DancerbyGodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1178, member since Sun Nov 20, 2005
On Sun Jul 26, 2009 05:16 PM
I have never used one and never will. I guess when I was young it was more out of curiosity but like most people, I feel that the board is a medium that allows both good AND EVIL (more so the latter) spirits to contact this realm. I'm Christian but part of me also does feel that its society who has instilled this belief on a piece of cardboard with lettering and a glass circle. So I guess I kind of contradict myself but its out I feel. Lol

I would reccommend not doing it though. If you play with fire, expect to get burned. If you play Ouiji.... EXPECT VISITORS.

DbG
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch