Popular Irish

Looking for old Worlds Competitor Lists by Toestandr33
Hello All, Holy Moley its been a while... probably 5-6 years since I've posted, and it only took...

Forum: Ballet / Character Ballet

Character Ballet
Breaking in Character Shoes en>fr fr>en
By EverPointe Comments: 69, member since Tue Dec 23, 2008
On Sat May 16, 2009 03:44 PM

Hey everyone! I just got character shoes for my SI and I was wondering if there was any way to break them in. Another thing is.... Is there anyway that you can make the sole of the shoe grip the floor better?

3 Replies to Breaking in Character Shoes

re: Breaking in Character Shoes en>fr fr>en
By ballet4life1member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 521, member since Tue May 29, 2007
On Sat May 16, 2009 08:29 PM
When I got my character shoes, I didn't do anything to break them in. You could wear them around the house and do some tendus in them to make it easier to point your foot. I don't think you really have to do anything to break them in though, they'll break in in class. Sorry, I can't help you with the second part of your question though. Have fun at your SI!!!!
By kataloca2002 Comments: 32, member since Mon May 04, 2009
On Mon May 18, 2009 04:37 PM
I never knew you had to break in character shoes. I got mine a long time ago, and did a few classes of character, that was about it, but im guessing they just broke in during the lesson. I dont think there is anything specific you can do.
By BlackTights Comments: 938, member since Fri May 04, 2007
On Mon May 18, 2009 05:40 PM
If they have hard leather soles you might be able to get more grip from them by scuffing the bottom up with sandpaper. I know it works with dress shoes (street shoes), but I don't really know if this will help with the surfaces you'll be dancing on.

ReplySendWatch