Gallery Entry: Music / Choreography:Pop

Choreography to NSync's Girlfriend--right here!! Actual moves done by NSync!!
By Gina_
On Sat Dec 29, 2001 10:43 PM

Alright you guys, I know its been a while since I've posted choreography, but I am still here! LOL, I just typed these out the other day, they might be a little weaker than my other steps. I haven't done this in a few months! LOL, I got these moves from the Atlantis special if you guys are wondering. Believe me, with this dance it definetly helps to have a tape. Email me if you guys have any questions!! TTYL!!! Gina

PS- my email address is ginaluvznsync_2329@yahoo.com, screen name is NSyncr1207. I have the other steps posted on my website too, www.geocities.com . . ., ttyl!! Gina

-----------------------------------------------------------

Girlfriend

NOTE: these steps start right at the first verse, freestyle everything up until then

1. *I don’t know why you care...*

-cross your right foot in front of your left, shift your shoulders up and down while making your way to the right. Start with your right shoulder up, left shoulder down, keep switching.

-on 8, step out to the right with your right foot, make sure its a little in front of your left.

2. *He doesn’t even know you’re there, oh...”

1-4: rock back and forth between your left foot and your right, forward on your left, make it sharp

5: keep your feet the same, turn your upper body to the right, keep your arms bent, but your fingers are pointing to the right

6-7: keep your arms the same, sweep in a “U” shape to the left, and shuffle your feet

8: bring your arms down, but keep a certain beat to it

3. *He don’t love your eyes, and he don’t love your style,”

1-2: keep that same beat you had on the last count, hop step to the right and body wave from the bottom up (watch the tape, it looks really awesome)

3: step out on your left, step out on your right

4: take your right hand, starting from behind your head, point your finger and bring it down

Hold 5

6: shuffle to the left

7-8: wave your right hand in front of your face on 7, point down-left with it on 8

4. *Girl you know that ain’t fair...”

1: keep your right arm the same, shuffle back to the right

2: bring your arm over to point to the right in an arc shape

3: stand together

4: punch forwards

5-8: walk in a small clockwise circle, end completely facing the right

5. *The middle of the night, is he gonna be by your side...”

NOTE: This is kind of hard to explain here, if you don’t get it just watch the tape

1: keep your left leg straight, right foot out in front of you

2: bring your right leg in and hitch your left knee slightly, you have do it fast and sharp otherwise it won’t work

3: shift your weight so your facing forwards, keep your legs the same

& 4: step and slide forwards

5-6: jump both legs out, far enough so you can bend both legs, bend your arms as if your asking the question

7-8: on 7, your legs should be together, with them together, lean your upper body to the right, and your hips to the left. On 8, simply hop out so your legs are shoulder-width apart.

6. *Or will he run and hide? You don’t know cuz things ain’t clear...”

This is hard to explain, so if you don’t get it watch the tape

1&2: be sharp, you should be slightly hunched over with your legs bent and shoulder-width apart. Your arms should be straight and clenched in fists. Move to the right with your shoulders only. Do the whole shoulder shifting thing. Right goes up, left goes down. The second time your right shoulder goes up, your left foot will go up too.

3&4: switch it, shift your left shoulder first, and your right foot will go up.

5&6: point your right arm out to the right, make that your center and walk in a clockwise circle around it

7: jump out, both legs bent shoulder-width apart

8: bring it back in

7. *And baby when you cry, is he gonna be by your side...*

1: hop forward on your right foot and cross your left behind, make sure your left foot is pointed on the ground

2: hold it to make it look like a slide

3: hop out (legs shoulder-width), and drop down with your fingers running down your eyes (get it? Cry? Yeah, whatever...)

4: hop back up

5: step back on your right, left shoulder goes up

6: step back on your left, right shoulder goes up

7&8: step back on your right but wait until you hear the beat before your left shoulder goes up

8. *Does the man even know you’re alive? I’ve got an idea...*

Once again, hard to explain

1- hop out, legs shoulder-width, bring your right arm out and across your left, I don’t know the right word for it, but sweeping maybe?

2- hop together and your right arm will come to a half “T”

3- circle your arm around twice, and let it come down straight to your side. At the same time your arm comes down, you’re going to hop step and let your left come in front of your right

4-hold

5,6- take it and slide back to the right

7-8: the chorus will be starting by now. hop out again, your arms are going to come in, cross, come out, turn under, and out into a “T”

CHORUS:

1. *Why don’t you be my girlfriend, I’ll treat you good...*

1&2: hold your left hand to your heart, step forward to your right, don’t forget to dance! Let your head go to the left, then the right.

3&4: let your body turn even more to the right, move your hip forward then back

5:bring it together, right, then left

6,7: hop out, body wave from the bottom up

& 8: head sways left and pops right

2. *I know you hear your friends when they say you should...*

This is going by words here because its a little different in tempo.

“I know” move to the right, hop on your left and make your right foot pop out slightly

“you hear your friends” do it again

“when they” hold

“say you should” this is a ripple. Its a 1-2-2 formation like a “v” and it starts from the back. On “say” the people in the back go down. “you”, people in the next row, you got it, right?

On the music between, slide back to the left

3. *Cuz if you were my Girlfriend, I’d be your shining star...*

This goes by words too.

“If you were my”- point your right arm to the left on the first two words, your left to the right on the last two. Let them cross..

“Girlfriend’- body wave your arms down, you’re gonna slide with them so keep it sharp

“I’d be”- slide to the right, arms go to the left

“your shining star”- slide left, right, left again.

4. *The one to show you where you are, girl you should be my girlfriend...*

This is another ripple here, so designate who goes down on “where”, “you”, and “are”.

“Girl you should be”- using your right hand, curl your fingers in, let the back of your hand face out. Wave it back and forth going left, right, left

“my-girl-friend”- do the shoulder thing again. Left, right, left.

Verse 2:

1. *Does he know what you feel...*

1-4: bring both arms around your body slowly, on 4 make sure they are by your side, make it look like a pop

5 &: your right leg should be slightly ahead of your left. There should be an arm on either side. When you bend your arms your upper body should go down. Do that twice.

6: hop step, left in front of your right

7-8: step out right, left

2. *Are you sure that its real, yeah-a-a-yeah...*

-this count starts two beats before JC starts singing.

1,2- go back and forth on your right foot, your electric sliding but not really? Geez I really hope you have a tape to guide you!

3,4- slide left

5,6- repeat 1,2

7,8- repeat 3,4

3. *Does he ease your mind, and does he take your stride...*

1,2- walk in a clockwise circle

3- swirl your hands up so your fingers are at both temples

& 4- move your head left than right, keep your fingers the same

5- lean right, all your weight on your left foot. Let your arms hang

6-8- move your arms in front of your knee like your saying “no”, your hands should cross on each count, NOT downbeat!

4. *Don’t you know that love could be a shield...*

1,2: take your right arm, finger pointed, and swing it to the left. On 2, keep your arm there and shuffle.

3: bring your arm up at your right side, finger still pointed.

4: point it down, left

5-8: your finger is your center again, walk around it.

5. *The middle of the night, is he gonna be by your side...”

NOTE: This is kind of hard to explain here, if you don’t get it just watch the tape

1: keep your left leg straight, right foot out in front of you

2: bring your right leg in and hitch your left knee slightly, you have do it fast and sharp otherwise it won’t work

3: shift your weight so your facing forwards, keep your legs the same

& 4: step and slide forwards

5-6: jump both legs out, far enough so you can bend both legs, bend your arms as if your asking the question

7-8: on 7, your legs should be together, with them together, lean your upper body to the right, and your hips to the left. On 8, simply hop out so your legs are shoulder-width apart.

6. *Or will he run and hide? You don’t know cuz things ain’t clear...”

This is hard to explain, so if you don’t get it watch the tape

1&2: be sharp, you should be slightly hunched over with your legs bent and shoulder-width apart. Your arms should be straight and clenched in fists. Move to the right with your shoulders only. Do the whole shoulder shifting thing. Right goes up, left goes down. The second time your right shoulder goes up, your left foot will go up too.

3&4: switch it, shift your left shoulder first, and your right foot will go up.

5&6: point your right arm out to the right, make that your center and walk in a clockwise circle around it

7: jump out, both legs bent shoulder-width apart

8: bring it back in

7. *And baby when you cry, is he gonna be by your side...*

1: hop forward on your right foot and cross your left behind, make sure your left foot is pointed on the ground

2: hold it to make it look like a slide

3: hop out (legs shoulder-width), and drop down with your fingers running down your eyes (get it? Cry? Yeah, whatever...)

4: hop back up

5: step back on your right, left shoulder goes up

6: step back on your left, right shoulder goes up

7&8: step back on your right but wait until you hear the beat before your left shoulder goes up

8. *Does the man even know you’re alive? I’ve got an idea...*

Once again, hard to explain

1- hop out, legs shoulder-width, bring your right arm out and across your left, I don’t know the right word for it, but sweeping maybe?

2- hop together and your right arm will come to a half “T”

3- circle your arm around twice, and let it come down straight to your side. At the same time your arm comes down, you’re going to hop step and let your left come in front of your right

4-hold

5,6- take it and slide back to the right

7-8: the chorus will be starting by now. hop out again, your arms are going to come in, cross, come out, turn under, and out into a “T”

CHORUS:

1. *Why don’t you be my girlfriend, I’ll treat you good...*

1&2: hold your left hand to your heart, step forward to your right, don’t forget to dance! Let your head go to the left, then the right.

3&4: let your body turn even more to the right, move your hip forward then back

5:bring it together, right, then left

6,7: hop out, body wave from the bottom up

& 8: head sways left and pops right

2. *I know you hear your friends when they say you should...*

This is going by words here because its a little different in tempo.

“I know” move to the right, hop on your left and make your right foot pop out slightly

“you hear your friends” do it again

“when they” hold

“say you should” this is a ripple. Its a 1-2-2 formation like a “v” and it starts from the back. On “say” the people in the back go down. “you”, people in the next row, you got it, right?

On the music between, slide back to the left

3. *Cuz if you were my Girlfriend, I’d be your shining star...*

This goes by words too.

“If you were my”- point your right arm to the left on the first two words, your left to the right on the last two. Let them cross..

“Girlfriend’- body wave your arms down, you’re gonna slide with them so keep it sharp

“I’d be”- slide to the right, arms go to the left

“your shining star”- slide left, right, left again.

4. *The one to show you where you are, girl you should be my girlfriend...*

This is another ripple here, so designate who goes down on “where”, “you”, and “are”.

“Girl you should be”- using your right hand, curl your fingers in, let the back of your hand face out. Wave it back and forth going left, right, left

“my-girl-friend”- do the shoulder thing again. Left, right, left.

Bridge:

During all the “aaahs”, just freestyle, lay it down.

1. *Ever since I saw your face, nothin’ in my life has been the same...*

1,2: come up on your left toe, right arms and right foot should go to the right in a swept type of look.

3&4: bring it together, &4, shift left

5,6: slide back on your left foot, you should be facing the left

7,8: use your arms to roll backwards and forwards again

2. *I walk around just sayin’ your name, without you my world would end...*

1,2: turn to the back

3,4: turn back to the left

5-8: walk forwards, but to the beat

3. *I searched around this whole damn place, and everything says you were meant to be,*

1,2: this is mainly a move with your arms and legs, but it looks sexy if you add your hips to it too. On 1, punch your arms in and hook your knees, on 2 come back out again.

3,4: do it again

5,6: again

7,8: and again

*After this its all freestyle up until the very end*

*Girl you should be, my-girl-friend*

on “my-girl-friend” all your gonna do is shift your shoulders, after that, hop step your left foot over your right.

During the music between each one, walk to different directions until its the end. At the end, instead of the shoulders, its step-step-pose.

2 Replies to Choreography to NSync's Girlfriend--right here!! Actual moves done by NSync!!

re: Choreography to NSync's Girlfriend--right here!! Actual moves done by NSync!!
By linhPremium member
On Sun Dec 30, 2001 06:49 AM
Thanks, Gina! I've moved this to the top in the reader contributed section.

Linh
Thank u so Much
By ILoVeNsync_aLoT
On Sun Dec 30, 2001 01:28 PM
Hey there,
ThanX a bunch for putting that one there u are a HUGE help!!
"Iam checking off im signing off"
Katherine T