Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

inspiration
By dancer_boi08
On Fri May 22, 2009 05:23 PM

I have an upcoming audition and I have some songs in mind that I really wanna use 1) Hide and seek by Imogen Heap, 2) Apologize by One Republic, or 3) I am one by Chrisette michele. I wanna be original in the movements because they are all such powerful songs. I just want to see a video of someone dancing a very veery powerful solo or group dance to the first 2 songs. If you know any please please send me a link to them.

3 Replies to inspiration

re: inspiration
By exclama_dance
On Fri Jun 05, 2009 04:41 PM
can I just suggest that you use different songs, these are like THE typical audition songs, you should find some more recent, "not-yet-discovered" songs.

suggestions: Broken Strings - Nelly Furtado
By sickntwist3d
On Sat Jun 06, 2009 07:04 AM
If you are sticking to those songs, which I have to agree are quite popular, though something new can always be done, a new story can always be told. Anyways, I wouldn't reccommend watching other's choreography to those songs.

Although inspiration is great, and everybody uses it, I would say that it might stay in your head and won't let you choreograph original movements. Look for faysweeper on youtube, if you have never heard of her, and watch some of her group choreographies. I would be surprised if at least one dance didn't move you.

Finally, I would just say choreograph something that means something to you. Move with the music and with your feelings, if that makes sense haha.

I hope this helped a little.
By Music_is_love13
On Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 AM
Here's one to "Apologize": www.youtube.com . . .

ReplySendWatch