Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

Babysitting Pack - Toy/Craft ideas for me to make?
By DancingDreams94
On Sat May 23, 2009 09:35 PM

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering, since this board is always filled with such great ideas, whether you could help me with ideas. For school, we are making babysitting packs, and in this part of the project (several stages), we have to design and make 3 toys to bring with us when we babysit. The toys have to be suitable for ages 9months to 5yrs. So, for instance, one toy could be aimed for a 2yr old, the second for a 3yr old and the third for a 5yr old.

Im not really to sure what to make, lots of people are doing things like play doh and rag dolls, but then most kids already have a favourite toy and all, and play doh would be something I would prefer to make with the kids, as they always enjoy that. I have already made cute bean bags, but I don't know what to do for the bigger part of the project. I am 14 years old, but an experienced sewer; I make some of my dance costumes. I want to make something thats good and original, but am a bit stuck for ideas at the moment. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

5 Replies to Babysitting Pack - Toy/Craft ideas for me to make?

re: Babysitting Pack - Toy/Craft ideas for me to make?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 23, 2009 09:41 PM
My son is two and a half, and is a puzzle freak. If you could make something the kids could take apart and put back together, he'd be your new best friend. He's done cloth puzzles that aren't too hard - you get two red squares of cloth, and one is plain red, and one is red with like, an apple. And the kid has to match the color to the thing that's that color. That'd be pretty easy to put together.
By DancingDreams94
On Thu May 28, 2009 06:56 AM
Thanks for the idea, it sounds great! I will definetly try to do something like that :)
Thanks again!
By ballet_babe_1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 30, 2009 08:21 PM
You could always make some dress up costumes, and maybe even put some of your old dance costumes in there. I know my younger cousins LOVE to play dress-up in my old dance costumes, they beg me every time they come over!
By Brookemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 03, 2009 03:20 PM
I think it's Dreft baby detergent but there is a detergent that you can "paint" on black paper and it glows in the dark. That would be something you could take with you.

Also a box full of random goodies for crafts like buttons, rhinestones, glitter, beads, and other things for decorating. Obviously this is something you would do with older kids because of the choking hazard.

You can also make necklaces out of uncooked noodles.
By Heathermom
On Sun Jul 05, 2009 01:39 PM
There are great free craft ideas at the DLTK website (just google the name and you will find it). They have crafts for all sorts of themes and for various age brackets. I have even used some of the crafts for birthday parties. They also have lots and lots of colouring pages.

ReplySendWatch