Forum: General / Hip Hop / Locking

Locking
Settle a debate..
By BReaLz Comments: 29, member since Mon Jan 28, 2008
On Sun May 24, 2009 09:26 AM

Me and my friend cant come to an agreement. While making choreography.. we cant decide who is pacing correctly.I do my pacing with the same rhythm as all other locking moves, bouncing upward to the beat. So i am pacing out on the beat as I bounce up. He bounces upward as well with all other moves, but bounces down only when pacing, saying that the pacing should be opposite.

he feels that pacing is supposed to carry the opposite bounce, even though he is grooving up the rest of the time.

I feel that pacing is just like all the other moves, and you should be bouncing up.

whos right?!?!

3 Replies to Settle a debate..

re: Settle a debate..
By tappingangel Comments: 908, member since Sun Apr 27, 2003
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 02:13 AM
Both of you.

Do your moves as you see fit. It's all about your style. Ha. I know that doesn't help for choreography purposes, but it's the truth. Try both; see what flows better. Compromise. That's what choreographing a piece together is all about. If you can't agree, try to incorporate both ways.
By MasseY_KusToM Comments: 23, member since Wed Jun 10, 2009
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 06:14 AM
Whatever looks better,, and to be honest what is hitting the beat in the songs, aslong as it looks good and what you want it to look like. Good luck with your routine.
By isa13 Comments: 58, member since Tue Sep 04, 2007
On Sun Aug 09, 2009 08:00 PM
You both are right. I find that most people find the upbeat more difficult to do and the downbeat more gratifying to see for longer periods of time.

ReplySendWatch