Poll: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: How many Recitals does your studio have? and is everybody in each?
By BalletGirl98 Comments: 96, member since Wed Sep 14, 2011
On Sun Oct 23, 2011 03:32 PM
The studio I go to now has two. One in the spring and one in the winter.
By caitydancerr Comments: 180, member since Thu Oct 27, 2011
On Sun Nov 06, 2011 01:46 PM
In June there's a big recital, its on 2 separate days (a weekend, like Saturday and Sunday), half of the dances are in the first show and the others are in the second show. There's also a yearly production earlier in the year which you must audition for. :)
By ballet_girl510member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 28, member since Sat Aug 27, 2011
On Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 AM
Our studio has one recital with two shows 1 for the younger kids and 1 for the older kids.one year we had a two day long recital from 12noon to 9pm each day that was kind of awkward for parents who had older ones and younger one.
By goldengirl12699 Comments: 6, member since Wed Dec 28, 2011
On Wed Dec 28, 2011 09:27 PM
Well, we do the nutcracker in december every year, and then we do another classic show. last year we did cinderella, this year we are doing don quixote, and we do many little shows during the summer!
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sun Jan 08, 2012 07:05 PM
My old studio used to do 2 a long time ago. We did the same thing for 2 nights and I loved it! I could be on stage every night if that was possible. Then we went to 1 night. My studio closed and I am dancing w/a new teacher who used to dance w/my old teacher. We will only have one recital this year. We may do competition but I don't know yet.
By celticprincessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1076, member since Thu Aug 26, 2010
On Sun Jan 08, 2012 07:49 PM
My school does two performances. One for St Patrick's Day, which is more like a party than a show. We go to an event hall, have all the classes to 1-2 dances, and then there's a meal. And then we have the big show in June, where we do more involved routines, and we have the seniors dance, the demonstrators dance, and our awards.
By dancing4lyf13 Comments: 25, member since Thu Jul 31, 2008
On Thu Apr 19, 2012 09:15 AM
We have 4 short ones in one day. There are different dances in each one, so younger dances are only in one. Older dancers, though, are usually in more than one.
By WreckageDancer Comments: 18, member since Thu Sep 15, 2011
On Mon Apr 23, 2012 09:56 PM
I never actually thought about people having more then one recital. This year we actually had two, one for Ballet performing a piece from the nutcracker and a modern dance. Now our recital is really early, May 20th! If I survive, it'll be a miracle!
By caitydancerr Comments: 180, member since Thu Oct 27, 2011
On Sun Jul 01, 2012 05:45 PM
My studio has an end of the year recital but it's seperately into 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) because there are so many numbers. The more advanced dances & the company dances are in both shows. There is one dance per class. If you're on pointe then you just do one dance on pointe and not one on flat shoes. The seniors that are graduating get to choreograph a dance for just them.
By dancinbabii16 Comments: 23, member since Thu Mar 14, 2013
On Thu Apr 04, 2013 02:18 PM
we have two a year. A winter showcase and a end of the year recital. All of the non-competitive students usually participate and my studio picks the highest scoring competitive routines from each age group to perform. One year we had everyone do every routine and the show was literally 5 hours long. Recitals are a big deal each year at my studio but they are usually very very LONGGGGG
By Izzyballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 56, member since Sat Jan 12, 2013
On Wed May 01, 2013 08:09 AM
We just have a spring recital, each class does a dance, except sometimes the highest level ballet class is split up into separate ones.
By camymac_dancer Comments: 96, member since Sun Jul 01, 2012
On Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:58 AM
We have two in one day the older levels, age 10 and up, are in both shows. Younger children are in only one show.
By dancerose13 Comments: 7, member since Sun Aug 25, 2013
On Sun Aug 25, 2013 06:08 PM
My studio does a winter show with levels 3-6 and a spring recital with every class doing a number plus specialty show with competition numbers (same time as spring recital).
By LoveAthenaa Comments: 16, member since Fri Mar 21, 2014
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 05:10 PM
My studio has "recital year" every other year. Last year, we had a recital. This year we don't. The year that we don't have a recital often has a Christmas production.

We have two recitals with the same dances at both times. Each class has one dance, but for company, they usually have solos and such.
By attddancer4life Comments: 13, member since Fri Apr 10, 2015
On Tue Feb 09, 2016 05:30 PM
Both studios where I dance/work have only one recital with 30-40 numbers, running under two and a half to three hours.
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch