Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Page:
Page 2 of 4: 1 2 3 4
re: What did you name your car?
By kandykanePremium member
On Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 PM
Years ago, I had a baby blue Gremlin that was called the Smurfmobile.

My brother had a red and white Gremlin that we called the Coke can, because of the way the doors sounded when you slammed them.

I don't think I named any of my other cars, except for the occasional "PoS" shout out.

kk~
By MissErinDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 PM
I have a 2005 Toyota Echo. She's silver and her name is Lucy.
By webdeadmasterPremium member
On Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:57 PM
I was supposed to name my car? Oops.
By punkgirl59
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:00 AM
I have a black 2006 Mazda3. Her name is Sadie.

I had this really adorable patient at the hospital who was named Sadie. She was 14 and had leukemia, and she passed away the week before I bought my car, so I named it after her.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By Lovesongmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 AM
Kekoa- I actually kind of like the name Nola. Doubt I'd use it for a first name, but I might keep it in mind for a middle name! :P

As for my cars, they've all been named after random trains of thought that have progressed from one thing to something (usually) entirely unrelated.

1st Car- An early 90's Mercury Tracer, with the seatbelts that were attached to the door and were on a track to automatically move into place when the car was started. They were pretty spiffy seatbelts, and my friends and I said they reminded us of the batmobile, so from time to time the Tracer was 'The Batmobile', but her official name was Electra.

Now, the reason behind 'Electra' was- follow me here: Batmobile led to thinking of Batman which led to thinking of Catwoman which led to thinking of 'sexy' which led to Carmen Electra, which was shortened to just Electra. :D

2nd Car- An 86 Chrysler New Yorker- some sort of luxury edition because she had plush velour seats, power seats, power doorlocks, power windows, and she talked to you, too (Your door is ajar, Your washer fluid is low, Your fuel is low, Please faster your seatbelt).

She was nicknamed Cleo, short for Cleopatra, because when you think of someone living in the lap of luxury, Cleopatra had it all, and so did my car.

Current car- 93 Honda Civic. Shortly after I got it, it sustained some damage to the front fender, and rather than get it fixed at a shop, we ordered in the fender and I spent an afternoon replacing it myself. It worked out fine, except that the fender was black and my car was white.

After it was fastened securely in place, I stood back to admire my handiwork, and with the Civic's (especially of that time) being so wide and low, and the black against the white, the first thought that popped into my head was 'It kind of looks like a killer whale!' Hence the name Shamu, of Sea World Fame, was born.

Everybody knows my car by Shamu- I even have a stuffed killer whale from Sea World (garage sale find) as her mascot. I didn't get around to painting the fender for almost two years, but she's finally all white again- but by the time I did paint it, the name had already stuck firmly. When I have some free money, I plan on getting personalized plates for her that simply state 'SHAMU'.
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 AM
Heart-My first car was a Purple 94 Pontiac Sunbird-what do you know his name was Barney!
By dance27
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 08:43 PM
My old car's name was Bonnie. She was a little blue-grey '89 Nissan Stanza, and the name just suited her. I now drive my mom's car, a blue Honda Fit, which is nameless.
By Armwarmermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 PM
Edited by Armwarmer (131255) on 2009-06-02 22:14:12 Adding car stories ^_^
Jamal! It's an '04 Pontiac Sunfire and it's black.

My friend Margaret's car is named "The fat, old lady" because it's an old Buick. Haha.

I used to have a 96' Chevy Cavalier and my boss started saying "Little Blue Car", so that's what I called it. It got shortened to LBC a lot. My best friend had the same exact car but in red, so we called that one Little Red. She still has hers, and my boyfriend has LBC, so the names live on!

Ash
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:48 PM
My best friend has (well, used to have, he's selling it) a '72 VW bus, which he named The Chick Brick. Because it was supposed to help him attract chicks. It didn't work. :D

I sort of have two cars due to a complicated situation with unreliable engines and a family friend that moved to Japan.

The one that is functional and actually drives is a gold 1998 Nissan Altima. Her name is Jules, after Julian Lennon and the song "Hey Jude". It fits, she's a hippie car with a peace sign air freshener and "Save the Planet" bumper sticker. But a few weeks ago my boyfriend and I saw something on Discovery channel about a "sex chariot", which somehow led to that becoming her nickname.

My actual car which is currently not driveable is a black 1995 Mazda Miata. Nameless at the moment...
By FeisDadAndre
On Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 AM
My 99 Toyota Tercel is named (largely by default since I keep saying this to it, loudly and often), Drive Dammit!
By Naivohwmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jun 04, 2009 08:33 PM
I've got a 2000 Ford Focus named Patrick, because I bought him on St Patrick's Day. I also have an '02 Mazda Protege, that's just referred to as "the Mazda". Although one of my guy friends calls it the Zoom Zoom. And then sings the song every time I accelerate. *eyeroll*
By x_Chelles_xPremium member
On Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:04 AM
My Cars Blue and is called Marge Haha! x
By as_linden_leaf
On Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:13 AM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-06-06 18:57:38 added in additional info included in the other posts - in future this must ALL be included in the original post.
I have a honda accord. Like every other non-suv in the parking lot, it is beige.
My brother made a double joke, it stuck. Thus, Mr. Tan carries us around.

Amidala wrote:

My actual car which is currently not driveable is a black 1995 Mazda Miata. Nameless at the moment...

Dark Matter? Or does that sound too much like a racehorse?

Comment #8279379 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-06-06 18:56:33 Replying multiple times in a row is considered to be starfarming. Use the edit function to add more to a post instead of replying again.

Comment #8279386 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-06-06 18:57:57 Replying multiple times in a row is considered to be starfarming. Use the edit function to add more to a post instead of replying again.

By walkinonthemoon3
On Mon Jun 08, 2009 02:48 PM
I named her "Edith!" She just looks like an Edith. Old and classy!
By Fayetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 10, 2009 04:29 AM
I share all my cars with my mother, and I only drive when I'm at home..

My first car was a dark blue 2002 Volkswagen Golf 4th, which I named "Gölfle". Don't worry if you can't pronounce it. I loved it! Then it started to loose oil, and I moved away to university, so I didn't drive it much anymore.

The second one is the car my mom indulged into after the VW was sold. It's a black Audi TT Coupé Sports Edition, white leather seats and all that jazz. She's all excited about it, and because she felt so young and sexy in it, I named it "Botox". It stuck, and now she's a woman in her 50s, having a good deal of Botox every day on her way to work.. ;)
By JosieJoymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 AM
hahahaha, I can't wait til I get my car so I can name it!
My friend's mum is called Janet and when she sold her old car the lady who bought it off her named it 'Janet' after it's previous owner.
By Ballerina_Jess
On Sat Jun 13, 2009 01:38 AM
My car is Felicity the Ford Festiva and my boyfriends car is Lennie the Mitsubishi Lancer.

Yay for alliteration
By emmaleex99
On Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 AM
I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier, she's dark sparkly green and has silver pinstripes.

My dad called her Booger, but I call her the Green Machine. :P

Hahaha, one of my old friends had a white Saturn of some kind, but the license plate ended in 666 (by pure chance!) and once, the car alarm went off after he threw a Bible in the backseat.. so we called it the Satanmobile. :P
By newdancer333
On Sat Jul 18, 2009 04:25 PM
Oh...too many cars, so little time :)
we've named all my friends cars.
-Pumpkin
-Meeeechelle
-Bessie
-Hubert
My car's name is Special Freddie...the steering wheel is weighted so if you let go, the steering wheel starts to turn on its own haha. but he's also got speed issues...he takes FOREVER to speed up...hence the Special :)
By Brian_K
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 01:09 AM
Car: '95, Nissan, 200sx, Manual transmission... etc...
Name: Dolce
GPS name: Gabbana
I have fun with it...
By Shnaynaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 05:16 AM
My old Honda Civic was named Ebony, cause she was a hard-working black b*tch that did what she wanted - just like the girl she was named after, who worked at Dunkin on third shift with one of my friends.

I absolutely loved that car. I crashed into EVERYTHING and she just kept going ... she was declared totaled right before New Year's of this year, and the kid who hit me had to get me a new car, and when that car turned out to be a piece, I took the new tire off that car, brushed the last of the snow off Ebony, changed her front tire, and drove her to work for a week with no brakes ... seriously, that car is probably STILL going, wherever she is now. The insurance people came and took her away and I literally cried, cause I was never more emotionally attatched to a car.

RIP Ebony :( lol

peace out
sh'naynay
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 07:27 AM
They're not my cars (I just drive one of them more than my parents do) but my parents' '03 Corolla is Shelly, and the '98 (I think?) Plymouth Voyager is Jan. Jan the van. :)
By CompDancer43
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 09:06 PM
Well my dad started calling my car the "Acorn", because it's a tan '03 Accord. And then my best friend heard him say that and has been calling it that ever since. But she has learned to restrain herself from calling my car that when I'm around. (Because she knows it annoys me so much.) Other than that, my other friend Emily just calls it the "Lizzymobile". And Emily just recently got her own car, so I named hers the "Emilymobile".
Page:
Page 2 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch